• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: You will see JRPGs on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

Give me a Lost Odyssey remaster or don't bother.

jXGeGfa.gif

Zaku

Hideki Kamiya.

You don't need anything more.

No you don't, but I very much doubt he's going to make a JRPG. The man doesn't have enough patience to make a battle system that slow. He'd get distracted by something shiny half-way through playtesting the first battle.

So I'm assuming it's not likely to be Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon if Mistwalker aren't involved at all, right? Which means he's talking about third party JRPGs, i.e. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Tales.

Pretty much nothing to see here.

PC version pls.

If it meant the game getting more exposure with the chance of sequels to follow, I'd support it coming to every platform under the sun.

I loved LO. Need a remaster and a sequel ASAP.

This guy knows what's up.

I would do unspeakable things.

You're not the only one. Such a shame MS didn't double down and invest in the IP It would have eventually found an audience, especially with how the JRPG market has gone the past few years.

faridmon

Yes, the only reason I would go for PS4 was JRPGs in the future, if teh X1 can get 1 or 2 titles of that kind, then I shall be happy with it.

Perfect response

Also Xbox One already have the exclusive Scalebound, that's much better quality wise (probably, hopefully) than your usual JRPG,

Isn't Scalebound an action game?seems disingenuous to compare two games in completely different genres that try to do different things.

theDeeDubs

I actually enjoyed Infinite Undiscovery. It didn't have the random battles and post-battle celebration screen transitions that I find gets so repetitive in a lot of jrpgs. FF 12 also got it right.

Phil get with SE and let's get Vagrant Story 2 going. It's time.

Dynomutt

American Console = FPS/Western RPG/Action games.

Japanese Console = JRPG's/Quirky Niche games.

Why has it been like this?

Also didn't they announce a remake o c Dark Souls 2?

I know Ys and Dragon Quest mousou are coming to PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom