• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pic of first case of Xbox One off assembly line

from the time they announced full production and the time it took them to take the picture i have no hopes that they can reach the 3 million quota

Picture has the release date on the box, they were obviously waiting to post the picture until after the release date was announced.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Microsoft
1S4WnnD.jpg

Yoshida needs to tweet:

Not bad:
1Pux7E9.png

Sean*O

Looks like 3 (maybe 4) per box. There are smaller (narrower) boxes on the rack in the background of the first photo that are probably the individual Xbone shipping boxes.

Just now getting off the line? Scalpers are going to flock to this thing.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
$18,000 USD staring you in the face. Yeah, there's more in the truck. There is always at least one news story about one of these getting hijacked on it's way somewhere.

6fWfX5Z.jpg

GameSeeker

Microsoft is getting a very late start on production for a Nov. 22nd launch. Much of the later production will need to be shipped by air transport (i.e., more expensive) in order to make launch.

This is similar to the late production start for the 360 launch (also Sept. production start for a Nov. launch).

Welp that's it all 36 pre orders are taken care of. I'm joking of course. I assume they will go in some sort of retail sleeve. Can't just be a brown box sitting on the shelf at walmart. lol

You do know those plain cardboard boxes are just for shipping purposes right? Retailers don't have sleeves they put over it. lmao.

baphomet

Absolutely going to be shortages. It was impossible to find a 360 in the states for a long time after launch.

eastmen

Banned
Microsoft is getting a very late start on production for a Nov. 22nd launch. Much of the later production will need to be shipped by air transport (i.e., more expensive) in order to make launch.

This is similar to the late production start for the 360 launch (also Sept. production start for a Nov. launch).
Not really , only takes about 2 weeks to ship things by boat . So they can have sept and oct units arrive by boat and the first week of nov. Should be able to ship out a few million

I highly doubt they will use air transportation.

GavinGT

Banned

The problem with 360 wasn't that they weren't able to assemble them quickly enough. It was that they didn't have enough usable chips to install in them.

X360 started production a similar time for a similar release and they had only around 750k at launch iirc?

So XONE also needing Kinect in every box slightly complicates manufacturing process which in turn is offset by the 360's poor yields so...

In conclusion MS will have around 750k at launch.

X360 started production a similar time for a similar release and they had only around 750k at launch iirc?

So XONE also needing Kinect in every box slightly complicates manufacturing process which in turn is offset by the 360's poor yields so...

Flawless.

KoopaTheCasual

lol. We need an entire book on GAFamatics.

drspeedy

hmmmm... no way to know throughputs on the new console production, but that's an interesting assumption.

Guessing there's 4 consoles in that case, 27 cases per pallet = 108 XBONES per pallet

These are heavy, so let's say there's 48 pallets (unit loads) per shipping container = 5,184 consoles per container.

750K consoles = 145 containers total at launch. Doesn't seem like much...

Top Bottom