• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Hey, Sophia, I really appreciate you putting the pronouns in with the replacements. Thank you.

Gonna do my read lists in halves because some people I just don't have as much to say. I'm also curious as to why several people don't have a vote on the board. But call it reads and questions because there's some of both.

01. [m] isaacnukem - extremely erratic and not really contributing. I think you can only blame newness for so long.
02. LaunchpadMcQ. - It's hard to say so far. I lean town. Awfully focused on one small thing with Swamped, but otherwise seems to be doing some interesting thinking and certainly thinking for himself. We need that.
04. [m] Lifeline -man, whatever. We'll see, I guess. I've been pretty clear on how I feel about his shenanigans. Town, per the mod update, but you'd never know it. Y'all, is it possible that appearing town in public could be his role/power? I keep looking at his posts even when I said I wouldn't and it's all just sus.
05. [m] SkyOdin - I noticed the change in behavior and commented on it and I'm inclined to trust the explanation because I was privy to that discussion and I see Sky working.
06. [f] hey_monkey - the monkiest. people say she monkeys around, but....
11. [m] Verelios - I had such town vibes off Sawneeks that I was wondering if I should question them. Like was she just being the towniest as a cover? Especially after the discussions about experienced scum started. Will have to wait and see how Verelios plays it.
12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - I wasn't feeling the folks going after 30 on day 1 but my man, you're not doing too much d2. I don't feel like this is particularly inconsistent for you at game start but... if you're town, you gotta be town. I'm not getting any other vibes other than a lack of presence.
13. [m] Nomadic Sparks - oreo was behaving strangely. Initially read it as transitioning from scum to town and if he was scum here, the guidance was missing. If he's scum, I question the experienced scum team deal a little more. But with the replacement, who knows.
16. [m] acohrs - Posted on him earlier. Straight coasting. Contributing zip. Scum.
17. [m] Natiko - I don't have any real reason to disbelieve the claim at this point.
19. [f] Swamped - I feel like if Lifeline wasn't hammering his Swamped/WAMD theory so hard, I would hardly notice Swamped this game, but I feel like she just might not be one to make a huge splash until she has something to say. I know she's been present today but not much really sticks. I will probably go back and re-read her posts again. I'll bold that so I remember.
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Just not very present. Has poked a little with sticks but just as null as yesterday and that starts to become an issue.

03. [they] Darryl - Darryl is more of a presence today but my opinions haven't really changed. I'm still just seeing a lot of surface activity, some questions, a few pokes, but nothing that really demonstrates how they are leaning firmly one way or another. I'll give them a question - you didn't like Burb, who was not around and you didn't dig his posts. How do you feel now that he's returned? I haven't seen you address it. But you did switch to Swamped. I didn't see an explanation. Did I miss it? What's the rationale there? Looked like you were calling it a pressure vote - what are you pushing for?
08. [m] Dr. Worm - The fixation on BB is really something. I continue to not read BB as particularly town but DW seems quite focused there and there's not a ton from him on other things. I'd like to see more than just asking others for their thoughts and providing some surface reads. The only other person he seemed to go after a bit is Sky but then he said Sky was probably town so... what're the haps here, dude?
09. [m] Palmer_v1 - Palmer's so confident and gungho and ready to hit things that he feels automatically not trustworthy to me. But I thought that in anime, too, and he was town. I had complex feelings about his claim d1 and with everything that happened, I have sus feelings now on all the so-called vanillas, but I find I do wonder if Palmer here is neutral. That name/flavor could well be someone who doesn't have a horse in the race.
10. [m] Blargonaut - Starting to see some method behind the madness. It's directed but chaotic and still creates a lot of noise. Lean town, but only slightly, because it's easy to read this as being just helpful and pushy enough to make people stop doubting you.
14. [m] BlackBuzzard - I am a little less convinced today that BB is absolutely scum but the name/flavor shit was ridiculous and he did some pushing but it still all feels very surface and safe. Asking oreo for reads before replacement. Voting Dr. Worm who was pushing him. Whatever's going on with BB, it's not helping town, I'll say that at least, though I think he tried to make a show of it today. Was that a turnaround and an attempt to be a better townie or was it scum trying to make a show? I still remain suspicious of his immediate jump to a theory on SF's death. Whether it was right or wise or believable aside, it was the most analytical thing we've seen from BB so far this game and it was fast. That troubles me.
15. [m] Burbeting - Came in today full of all kinds of analysis and great points and fell right into discussion with Palmer primarily and it was great and productive and somehow felt like it could have been constructed. I lean town with some suspicion and I'd like to see a hell of a lot more from him, on other topics. Pushed LL, which I'm here for.
18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - Lot of inconsistencies. People seem all over the place on her and I wonder if that's why - some saying her claim is the scummiest, others saying she's the most believable, and I wonder if those inconsistencies can explain the varied reads. I will say I don't think she's neutral - the role name wouldn't fit a neutral (if one of our claims is neutral, I'd guess Palmer). But right now, I'm 50/50 on her.

And you know what else is interesting? She says she wanted to hold the claim until she needed it. But look at the day's end. At six minutes til, WAMD only had one vote on the board. Then Sawneeks voted her. A minute later, the count got posted - WAMD had 2, Palmer 3, BB 2. A minute later, WAMD claimed. It was close, but there wasn't really any reason people would have jumped on her. Lifeline was pushing her hard and she was going back and forth with him, but there were a lot of people out and a lot of votes already set. There was really no reason for the claim. And that's just weird. Just flat out weird.

Darryl

Banned
Don't understand your confusion, hey-monkey. My rationale for Swamped is clearly laid out in post 1135(?) which was acknowledged by you in post 1137(?). Did you just skim to piece together a read list? You claim that I'm surface level but you don't appear to know what is going on or are paying full attention yourself.

Darryl, WIFOM is an acronym for "Wine In Front Of Me", used to describe deliberate insinuation for the purposes of sowing doubt and misdirection.

Don't understand your confusion, hey-monkey. My rationale for Swamped is clearly laid out in post 1135(?) which was acknowledged by you in post 1137(?). Did you just skim to piece together a read list? You claim that I'm surface level but you don't appear to know what is going on or are paying full attention yourself.

I think the vote thing is a flimsy rationale. I already said this to LaunchPad. I guess I assumed (hoped?) you had more than that. With everything that's gone on, that just seems like such a small thing.

Darryl

Banned
I think the vote thing is a flimsy rationale. I already said this to LaunchPad. I guess I assumed (hoped?) you had more than that. With everything that's gone on, that just seems like such a small thing.

I don't see what is a bigger issue than that, frankly. It's such a strange play by Swamped. Makes absolutely no sense. Here we have a mistake that cost us a day lynch and you're fine giving it a pass. Why are you so cushy on Swamped?

Darryl

Banned
Some of the stuff that makes me hard on Swamped is how little anyone else has said about this but Launch, whom I have had a comfortable read on. It was the most logical lead coming into day 2 since it was such a brazen fuck up. Only one who pressured it was Launch. This makes me thing the game buildup is of inactive town and highly active scum.

Palmer_v1

Hey, Sophia, I really appreciate you putting the pronouns in with the replacements. Thank you.

Gonna do my read lists in halves because some people I just don't have as much to say. I'm also curious as to why several people don't have a vote on the board. But call it reads and questions because there's some of both.

01. [m] isaacnukem - extremely erratic and not really contributing. I think you can only blame newness for so long.
02. LaunchpadMcQ. - It's hard to say so far. I lean town. Awfully focused on one small thing with Swamped, but otherwise seems to be doing some interesting thinking and certainly thinking for himself. We need that.
04. [m] Lifeline -man, whatever. We'll see, I guess. I've been pretty clear on how I feel about his shenanigans. Town, per the mod update, but you'd never know it. Y'all, is it possible that appearing town in public could be his role/power? I keep looking at his posts even when I said I wouldn't and it's all just sus.
05. [m] SkyOdin - I noticed the change in behavior and commented on it and I'm inclined to trust the explanation because I was privy to that discussion and I see Sky working.
06. [f] hey_monkey - the monkiest. people say she monkeys around, but....
11. [m] Verelios - I had such town vibes off Sawneeks that I was wondering if I should question them. Like was she just being the towniest as a cover? Especially after the discussions about experienced scum started. Will have to wait and see how Verelios plays it.
12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - I wasn't feeling the folks going after 30 on day 1 but my man, you're not doing too much d2. I don't feel like this is particularly inconsistent for you at game start but... if you're town, you gotta be town. I'm not getting any other vibes other than a lack of presence.
13. [m] Nomadic Sparks - oreo was behaving strangely. Initially read it as transitioning from scum to town and if he was scum here, the guidance was missing. If he's scum, I question the experienced scum team deal a little more. But with the replacement, who knows.
16. [m] acohrs - Posted on him earlier. Straight coasting. Contributing zip. Scum.
17. [m] Natiko - I don't have any real reason to disbelieve the claim at this point.
19. [f] Swamped - I feel like if Lifeline wasn't hammering his Swamped/WAMD theory so hard, I would hardly notice Swamped this game, but I feel like she just might not be one to make a huge splash until she has something to say. I know she's been present today but not much really sticks. I will probably go back and re-read her posts again. I'll bold that so I remember.
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Just not very present. Has poked a little with sticks but just as null as yesterday and that starts to become an issue.

03. [they] Darryl - Darryl is more of a presence today but my opinions haven't really changed. I'm still just seeing a lot of surface activity, some questions, a few pokes, but nothing that really demonstrates how they are leaning firmly one way or another. I'll give them a question - you didn't like Burb, who was not around and you didn't dig his posts. How do you feel now that he's returned? I haven't seen you address it. But you did switch to Swamped. I didn't see an explanation. Did I miss it? What's the rationale there? Looked like you were calling it a pressure vote - what are you pushing for?
08. [m] Dr. Worm - The fixation on BB is really something. I continue to not read BB as particularly town but DW seems quite focused there and there's not a ton from him on other things. I'd like to see more than just asking others for their thoughts and providing some surface reads. The only other person he seemed to go after a bit is Sky but then he said Sky was probably town so... what're the haps here, dude?
09. [m] Palmer_v1 - Palmer's so confident and gungho and ready to hit things that he feels automatically not trustworthy to me. But I thought that in anime, too, and he was town. I had complex feelings about his claim d1 and with everything that happened, I have sus feelings now on all the so-called vanillas, but I find I do wonder if Palmer here is neutral. That name/flavor could well be someone who doesn't have a horse in the race.
10. [m] Blargonaut - Starting to see some method behind the madness. It's directed but chaotic and still creates a lot of noise. Lean town, but only slightly, because it's easy to read this as being just helpful and pushy enough to make people stop doubting you.
14. [m] BlackBuzzard - I am a little less convinced today that BB is absolutely scum but the name/flavor shit was ridiculous and he did some pushing but it still all feels very surface and safe. Asking oreo for reads before replacement. Voting Dr. Worm who was pushing him. Whatever's going on with BB, it's not helping town, I'll say that at least, though I think he tried to make a show of it today. Was that a turnaround and an attempt to be a better townie or was it scum trying to make a show? I still remain suspicious of his immediate jump to a theory on SF's death. Whether it was right or wise or believable aside, it was the most analytical thing we've seen from BB so far this game and it was fast. That troubles me.
15. [m] Burbeting - Came in today full of all kinds of analysis and great points and fell right into discussion with Palmer primarily and it was great and productive and somehow felt like it could have been constructed. I lean town with some suspicion and I'd like to see a hell of a lot more from him, on other topics. Pushed LL, which I'm here for.
18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - Lot of inconsistencies. People seem all over the place on her and I wonder if that's why - some saying her claim is the scummiest, others saying she's the most believable, and I wonder if those inconsistencies can explain the varied reads. I will say I don't think she's neutral - the role name wouldn't fit a neutral (if one of our claims is neutral, I'd guess Palmer). But right now, I'm 50/50 on her.

And you know what else is interesting? She says she wanted to hold the claim until she needed it. But look at the day's end. At six minutes til, WAMD only had one vote on the board. Then Sawneeks voted her. A minute later, the count got posted - WAMD had 2, Palmer 3, BB 2. A minute later, WAMD claimed. It was close, but there wasn't really any reason people would have jumped on her. Lifeline was pushing her hard and she was going back and forth with him, but there were a lot of people out and a lot of votes already set. There was really no reason for the claim. And that's just weird. Just flat out weird.

You think I'm neutral but you also think I'm colluding with burb?

I don't see what is a bigger issue than that, frankly. It's such a strange play by Swamped. Makes absolutely no sense. Here we have a mistake that cost us a day lynch and you're fine giving it a pass. Why are you so cushy on Swamped?

Who's spreading misinformation now? I had a whole post talking about how I've Swamped create narratives out of thin air by cherrypicking convenient details.

I think the last minute claims threw a wrench in the mix. Natiko voted last second too - so is the only reason really that Swamped said she wasn't sure? Without anything else to back it up, it just seems small. But LaunchPad and you, I guess, seem to think that vote awareness when things are changing is a much bigger deal than I think it is, I guess. Maybe that's the difference. Maybe that's my newer-ness. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not against a Swamped flip in a general sense. But for me it would take that plus more.

I have complex feelings on you, Palmer. I find you a very difficult read in general. But I don't have your confidence; "I wonder" isn't "I believe this is so."

What say you to my observations on Dragonz?

Natiko

Banned
isaacnukem - Null. Not really even sure what to make of the handful of posts from them. There's a few posts in there that at least that resemble playing, but generally it's just posts of no substance. If this level of play continues they will likely end up on my scum list.

Moonkid/LaunchpadMcQ - Lean town. I'm skeptical that a scum replacement would come in and tunnel on Swamped like Launch did. He's been analyzing fairly consistently, just hasn't been casting a wide net. Only a lean due to seemingly ignoring a good chunk of the game players and due to the iffy nature of replacements.

Darryl - Town. Unless you believe every single person involved in the end of D1 is scum then there's really no reason scum would not only push for lynches on random people, but would pretty much not even bother with those from the end of D1. They are the easiest targets to pick at today for scum. I've also found myself finding Darryl's opinions fairly insightful in D2.

Lifeline - I dunno. Town I guess. Everything about their posts and theories make it hard to take them seriously though.

SkyOdin - Town. My main reasoning for this is scum Sky could have just played exactly as he did in his previous game where he was largely town read and been fine. Instead he played it more low key, then openly discussed how he did so. That would be an incredibly ballsy move for scum Sky to make. Just not seeing much purpose for doing so when scum Sky would have an easier path available.

hey_monkey - Town. Lots of material to look over. Seems like one of the few players not only actively trying to solve but also not actively pushing an agenda. I don't really get the people talking about 'vibes' without backing it up. I'd much rather hear the explanations behind their concern.

Dr. Worm - Light scum lean. Talk about taking the path of least resistance. Generally hasn't shared many opinions, even stating about his preference not to. He did provide some top town and top scum today which makes me feel a bit better, but in general he has only focused on BB both D1 and D2.

Palmer_v1 - Pass

Blargonaut - Blarg is being so productive that I kind of think he's likely to be scum. That's some really shitty, meta reasoning though. In general I've liked that he has pushed for increased activity, he's poked at people and made good counter points. Null for now, just because meta only scum reading is shitty.

Sawneeks/Verelios - Null. I still really like Darryl's points against Saw early on in D1. I also feel like Saw for the most part was doing far more work in the game than most were. I'd like to see some posts from Vere after he catches up before making a further read due to the swap.

30yearsofhurt - Scum. So much coasting. I don't feel like doing the math on it, but a large majority of their posts have no substance at all. The hilarious part is several times he talks about how people are coasting while doing so himself. How many of you can name more than three stances 30 has taken all game? I just read all of his posts and I'm not sure I even can. Plus we have this gem from D1 which makes very little sense.

acohrs mistakenly believes me to be a kiwi. Seems to be playing the game properly. Not reading anything but orthodox town. Will probably be one of the leaders of town. But then again I thought the same about Cabot.
Wonder why he would feel that way about acorn?

oreomunsta/Nomadic Sparks - Null. Nothing really to work with her in my opinion. Hopefully Nomadic can improve this situation.

BlackBuzzard - Probably town. Didn't vote in a way to preserve his life D1 which would be scum's top priority. A vanilla townie however might not put up such a fight though. Posts are all over the place, but in a world where lifeline is town it it doesn't say much.

Burbeting - Null. I do see some of the arguments for burb as far as someone that is trying to appear like they're putting in work without actually doing much. He also has a habit of asking questions that appear to have no purpose and never get followed up on. Still, there are more concerning players out there to me and I'd rather see this situation develop further.

acohrs - Scum. I'm really starting to think acorn just can't roll town for the most part. He has done so little this game. Even coming back in D2 he throws out a few posts, asks me a question, and then never follows up again. Also makes a point to bring up a post from SexyFish and tries to point people towards it as the reason it got SF NKed. Just seems like a stretch and he never bothers to try and do the leg work himself.

WhereAreMahDragonz - Again, probably town for the same reasoning as BB. Just doesn't make sense for scum to not vote for self preservation.

Swamped - I'm going to go with a town lean here. The vote swapping was strange, but I don't read the game in a way to see much scum Swamped gains with the vote swapping. I think the one thing that holds Swamped back most is their list of coasters:
Fine. Coasters. I see these people as coasting:

Stan
Isaac
30years
Oreo - I keep forgetting he's even in this game
Burb - seems inactive though
Acorhs - same

Honestly I'd be happy voting for any of those, but maybe give Burb and Achors a pass for today in case they get replaced. I don't see any super town behavior from these toasters
I'm just not sure I see the reasoning to assume burb/acorn were more likely to be replaced than say oreo who had a whole one more post than them. It's a small point, but one that holds them back a little contingent on other flips.

StanleyPalmtree - Null. I want to scum read him so bad, but this just seems to be the way Stan plays. I've fallen for this trap multiple times now and he's been town each time. Meh.

TLDR:

Town
Darryl
Lifeline
SkyOdin
hey_monkey

Lean Town
Moonkid/LaunchpadMcQ
BlackBuzzard
WhereAreMahDragonz
Swamped

Null
Blargonaut
Sawneeks/Verelios
Burbeting

Null (Inactive)
isaacnukem
oreomunsta/Nomadic Sparks
StanleyPalmtree

Lean Scum
Dr. Worm

Scum
30yearsofhurt
acohrs

Pass
Palmer_v1

Palmer_v1

I have complex feelings on you, Palmer. I find you a very difficult read in general. But I don't have your confidence; "I wonder" isn't "I believe this is so."

What say you to my observations on Dragonz?

So what do you actually think I am. If you have to stake this entire game on it right now, would you call me town scum or neutral?

As for dragon, I've posted my thoughts as well. I don't find any of it as damning as others seem to. I'm not going to fight for her survival since we stand to learn a lot from her flip, but I'd still rather get some of the coasters gone.

Quoting again to say I went back and scoped your reads and what you see as Burb possibly being agreeable may be similar to what I'm seeing - I just saw y'all talking most (what you see as aligning with some of your thoughts). We just have different perspectives. Obviously.

That makes me eyeball Burb a bit.

is this a joke vote re: the gif or a real vote or what here

Of course it's a joke. But seriously, where is that gif from?

30yearsofhurt - Scum. So much coasting. I don't feel like doing the math on it, but a large majority of their posts have no substance at all. The hilarious part is several times he talks about how people are coasting while doing so himself. How many of you can name more than three stances 30 has taken all game? I just read all of his posts and I'm not sure I even can. Plus we have this gem from D1 which makes very little sense.

Wonder why he would feel that way about acorn?

I was asked this early in the game and I was going off about three posts by achors.
They sounded pretty level headed. I do find him now to be coasting though.
I'm not coasting. I've got a COB deadline today.
I'm seriously considering dropping out of this game.

Natiko

Banned
Of course it's a joke. But seriously, where is that gif from?

I was asked this early in the game and I was going off about three posts by achors.
They sounded pretty level headed. I do find him now to be coasting though.
I'm not coasting. I've got a COB deadline today.
I'm seriously considering dropping out of this game.
I'm not questioning your activity level, it's just what you've done with the posts you have made. Not trying to attack you over having real life stuff going on.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Swamped (4)
LaunchpadMcQ 650
Lifeline 657 748
isaacnukem 851 855
isaacnukem 855
Lifeline 911 1134
Darryl 1143
Lifeline 1144

acohrs (4)
hey_monkey 910
SkyOdin 1056
Natiko 1225
Blargonaut 1226

StanleyPalmtree (2)
Palmer_v1 1018
Burbeting 1130
Lifeline 1134 1144

Dr. Worm (1)
Palmer_v1 659 778
BlackBuzzard 1071

BlackBuzzard (1)
Dr. Worm 640
SkyOdin 708 791

isaacnukem (1)
hey_monkey 858 910
WhereAreMahDragonz 885

Blargonaut (1)
Palmer_v1 778 1015
30yearsofhurt 1198
Blargonaut 1204 1218

Natiko (1)
acohrs 960

Palmer_v1 (0): Blargonaut 849 1019

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): Lifeline 748 911

oreomunsta (0): BlackBuzzard 872 1071

Burbeting (0): Darryl 697 1143

No active vote for Day 2: Nomadic Sparks, StanleyPalmtree, Swamped, Verelios

Day 2 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 17, acohrs 9, BlackBuzzard 23, Blargonaut 56, Burbeting 24, Darryl 19, Dr. Worm 24, hey_monkey 76, isaacnukem 4, LaunchpadMcQ 34, Lifeline 81, Natiko 19, Nomadic Sparks 1, Palmer_v1 83, SkyOdin 41, StanleyPalmtree 8, Swamped 15, Verelios 3, WhereAreMahDragonz 34

Day 2 ends:
cya_1495659600.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

So what do you actually think I am. If you have to stake this entire game on it right now, would you call me town scum or neutral?

Palmer if I had to stake the whole game on figuring out what you are right now, I'd just take the L and call it a day. I'm sorry if that's a copout. I could construct reasons for any alignment but I don't want to construct. I think that leads to potential confirmation bias later.

So here's a question: These are the people most commonly considered right now through votes, hollering wagons by Lifeline, and various read lists as possible scum-

isaacnukem
30years (just posted about a deadline)
Nomadic Sparks (because oreo)
acohrs
StanleyPalmtree
Dr. Worm
BlackBuzzard
Blargonaut
Swamped
Dragonz? (because LL even though he's voting Stan at present)

(did I miss anyone?)

Of these, who would be the scum leader guiding the rudder or the experienced team? What's the combination? I've never been in scum chat but if Blarg is Blarg everywhere I have a hard time thinking he's guiding the ship if he's scum.

Darryl

Banned
Who's spreading misinformation now? I had a whole post talking about how I've Swamped create narratives out of thin air by cherrypicking convenient details.

I think the last minute claims threw a wrench in the mix. Natiko voted last second too - so is the only reason really that Swamped said she wasn't sure? Without anything else to back it up, it just seems small. But LaunchPad and you, I guess, seem to think that vote awareness when things are changing is a much bigger deal than I think it is, I guess. Maybe that's the difference. Maybe that's my newer-ness. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not against a Swamped flip in a general sense. But for me it would take that plus more.

She was obviously paying attention and counting the votes and trying to find a way to avoid Palmer being lynched, or whatever her reasoning.

Thanks. So it's between BB and 30. Really not fond of either lynch tbh. I guess acohrs isn't happening.

Posted just moments after a vote count. There's plenty of time there to know where the votes were going.

She switched to BlackBuzzard, as she had just mulled about.

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

Now, the only thing that happened after this point was that

I'm sticking with my original vote.

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

Fucking hell.
VOTE: palmer_v1

Natiko voted for Palmer. Swamped was trying to prevent a Palmer lynch. So, this shouldn't change her opinion whatsoever. However, something about the idea of switching to WhereDragonz held appeal to her. My question is what was going on through her mind to do this. It isn't consistent. I don't know if I fully have her explanation for why she did this yet. I'm going to have to look this up. What I've pieced together, though, is that she said she didn't know where the votes were. If she, instead, committed to the idea that she wanted WhereDragonz gone, then I wouldn't be worrying about this as much.

I just agree with Launch here.

I hold Swamped in too high regard to believe she didn't know what the vote count was at any point...

Palmer_v1

Palmer if I had to stake the whole game on figuring out what you are right now, I'd just take the L and call it a day. I'm sorry if that's a copout. I could construct reasons for any alignment but I don't want to construct. I think that leads to potential confirmation bias later.

So here's a question: These are the people most commonly considered right now through votes, hollering wagons by Lifeline, and various read lists as possible scum-

isaacnukem
30years (just posted about a deadline)
Nomadic Sparks (because oreo)
acohrs
StanleyPalmtree
Dr. Worm
BlackBuzzard
Blargonaut
Swamped
Dragonz? (because LL even though he's voting Stan at present)

(did I miss anyone?)

Of these, who would be the scum leader guiding the rudder or the experienced team? What's the combination? I've never been in scum chat but if Blarg is Blarg everywhere I have a hard time thinking he's guiding the ship if he's scum.

Why do you think they need a leader? Best scum teams don't need any coordination during the day phase. It's certainly not how I play as scum.

Blarg is usually more normal in scum chats.

There's about a zero percent chance I could give an unbiased read.

Didn't stop you from reading me like that now, did it?

You must have agreed to have Palmer_v1 publicly lash out, a mouth of ire for the world, for you; then, you feign indignation with him here, so as to source those mutual streams that oh-so begrudgingly cannot be crossed in visibility, yes? Read Palmer or else.

Did you claim anything during D1, Natiko?

And what do you think Palmer thinks about hey_monkey?

Why do you think they need a leader? Best scum teams don't need any coordination during the day phase. It's certainly not how I play as scum.

Blarg is usually more normal in scum chats.

I don't necessarily think a leader, but with that list, I'd guess they have at least one less experienced player who needs some guidance.

Darryl-

I see that you and LaunchPad feel very strongly about that. I can't really agree but I don't disagree, either; it's more that it's hard for me to understand that PoV. I'll keep it in mind when I go back through Swamped's posts.

Natiko

Banned
Didn't stop you from reading me like that now, did it?

You must have agreed to have Palmer_v1 publicly lash out, a mouth of ire for the world, for you; then, you feign indignation with him here, so as to source those mutual streams that oh-so begrudgingly cannot be crossed in visibility, yes? Read Palmer or else.

Did you claim anything during D1, Natiko?

And what do you think Palmer thinks about hey_monkey?
My read on you is biased by your meta, not our interactions with the game and I also stated I didn't think it was solid enough reasoning to put you anywhere but null. Palmer called me lazy, fucking stupid, said I don't know how to play mafia, and that my reasoning was bullshit. I promise you nothing about that was desired or staged. I'm not about to scum read him because he was rude, but that's exactly what the result would be. I imagine you can find his opinion on monkey yourself blarg, you're a big boy. I believe in you.

*snip*

(did I miss anyone?)

You? Actually saying that I'm unfit for command? I was an Admiral.

Where were you when I directed the greatest Water-type operation this side of Off-Topic?

I led scum into hell and they STAYED there for me

ask Kawl_USC if you ever play with him, he loved it

Darryl

Banned
I don't necessarily think a leader, but with that list, I'd guess they have at least one less experienced player who needs some guidance.

Darryl-

I see that you and LaunchPad feel very strongly about that. I can't really agree but I don't disagree, either; it's more that it's hard for me to understand that PoV. I'll keep it in mind when I go back through Swamped's posts.

Like I said, I pulled something similar as mafia before. Where you have your vote sat is very important for hiding as mafia because they know the flips. Maybe I'm biased because of that, but it looks like the clearest tell I can find. The lack of motivation for a town player to perform that play is very easy to show to others.

acohrs

Believe it or not I've played mafia before. Several times even. I realize how the game works. I also realize you were seeding excuses for mislynches while simultaneously trying to justify scum reading them purely off of OMGUS.

My explanation is already out there if you can bother showing up long enough to actually play. This is probably your poorest showing so far and that's saying something when your whole schtick is shit posting instead of contributing.

Meow! Also what post please?

My read on you is biased by your meta, not our interactions with the game and I also stated I didn't think it was solid enough reasoning to put you anywhere but null. Palmer called me lazy, fucking stupid, said I don't know how to play mafia, and that my reasoning was bullshit. I promise you nothing about that was desired or staged. I'm not about to scum read him because he was rude, but that's exactly what the result would be. I imagine you can find his opinion on monkey yourself blarg, you're a big boy. I believe in you.

UNVOTE: acohrs

VOTE: Natiko

There comes a time when a [Mafia] player must set themselves aside for the sake of their faction and factional credibility in the eyes of those strangers their peers. BUT that doesn't mean surrendering. In your Role-claim post, you sound like Palmer stole your soul. Don't you want it back?

Who better to read between Palmer's lines than the one at his front?

You have an obligation to report your understanding of Palmer by virtue of your at-present unique position against him. Or else. You are in a Miller Role. Without yourself Natiko as its pilot, you are MORE than reasonably expendable. So get in the fucking robot, yes?

Or else what am I supposed to think about you

And again, don't forget to participate in your "read teams", folks

well that was a fun read, for about the first two pages at least, then the rest was just kinda more of the same.
but hey, burb showed up, hows about that.

i had a whole thing i was gonna say about the inactive accusation, but i honestly dont think imma bother. iv been "inactive" in every single gafia game i have ever played, been town in all of them to. its not something i can help, and i think im just kinda done with apologizing for it.

that said peeps arnt wrong about my posts being low in content and... well they have been humorous hot-takes at best, straight up shit posting at worst. never particularly helpful. lets see if i cant actually do something about that.

oh yeah, burb, you brought up a couple of times how supposedly lazy by Day1 vote on palmer was. i disagree.
i think you missed that earlier in the day i had already outlined why i had notable scum vibes from palmer, regarding his unhelpfully arrogant attitude, and his insistence on being 'semi confirmed town' after his vanilla claim.
it was hardly the strongest argument but it was well enough for me for a Day 1 vote.

well that was a fun read, for about the first two pages at least, then the rest was just kinda more of the same.
but hey, burb showed up, hows about that.

i had a whole thing i was gonna say about the inactive accusation, but i honestly dont think imma bother. iv been "inactive" in every single gafia game i have ever played, been town in all of them to. its not something i can help, and i think im just kinda done with apologizing for it.

that said peeps arnt wrong about my posts being low in content and... well they have been humorous hot-takes at best, straight up shit posting at worst. never particularly helpful. lets see if i cant actually do something about that.

That's relative

Anyway, Stan, what do you think of acohrs

Top Bottom