• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games founder teases possible Vanquish PC port, has no idea about Rising 2

prudislav

7drHiqr.gif

WaterAstro

Feels like Inaba was being sarcastic... like he actually wanted to say "You know that is a Konami IP, right?" "And the Metal Gear Team has been annihilated, right?"

Diablos

Vanquish is such a perfect yet underrated gem. I hope they can make this happen. It's one of the best games I've played over the past 10 years.

wazoo

Some games would be instant sellers on PC just because of delayed increasing hype.

Vanquish is one of them.

Aki-at

SEGA and Platinum kiss and make up. Though honestly speaking I wanted Bayonetta first SEGA :<

They're going to be shocked how it'll crush Sonic: Lost World's LTD sales in one week.

Because Sega completely botched the PS3 Bayonetta port Platinum said they'd never let anyone else port their games ever again.
Combine that with the fact that they're always busy probably explains why we haven't gotten Bayo & Vanquish PC ports yet even though I'm sure Sega is probably down for it.

Grief.exe

Because Sega completely botched the PS3 Bayonetta port Platinum said they'd never let anyone else port their games ever again.
Combine that with the fact that they're always busy probably explains why we haven't gotten Bayo & Vanquish PC ports yet even though I'm sure Sega is probably down for it.

Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC

xzI9mAy.gif

Son Of D

PC, PS4 an XB1 port for Vanquish would be amazing. Also if we can never get MGR2 can we at least get a remaster of MGR?

Kaztinka

You guys are thinking too small

exactly!
Vanquish, Bayonetta, Revengeance 2
who cares?

all we need is a PC F2P port of the greatest multiplayer game in existence that no one ever played!
Anarchy Reigns baby!

bayonetta_2_by_clifferock-d63uxgo.gif

all those dudes running around could be real people online

Traxtech

And here I am investing in a Ps3 so I can play games like vanquish, bayonetta etc because I missed out on them.

Worth. Every. Penny.

mrmickfran

The lack of Japanese action games on Steam disappoint me.

Only ones I could think of are Rising and DMC4.

Platinum, please rectify this mistake. Also, convince Team Ninja to do the same.

Wasn't the Wii U port of Bayonetta 1 outsourced? I think they just meant that they wanted proper oversight over future ports of their games, not that they'd necessarily be developed internally.

60fps Vanquish with new game plus straight into my veins kthx.

This game is less successful than Bayonetta, and probably not quite as good a game, but IMO it's way more important that it get a PC port (because no 60fps version of it exists, and because it hasn't reached nearly as broad an audience).

That said, if Bayonetta gets a PC port, I think they really need to do a straight-up combination of Bayo 1/2 into a single game with the full arsenal from both games, both campaigns right in a row, the total HP/magic bars from both games combined, Bayonetta 1's systems and combat balance (seriously, Umbran Climax badly damages the first game's perfect gameplay loop and they had to nerf regular skilled combat to near uselessness in order to balance for it while also taking away the magic-draining consequences of being hit), and a general upping of the difficulty level to make up for the much bigger HP/MP supply. I'd basically play that game through forever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Vanquish and Bayo1 in PC. Make it happen, P*

The interesting thing about Bayo1 is that there's an internal PC version that is far along enough to support 3D Vision. I was rather surprised when Sega's first belated PC port was revealed to instead be Valkyria Chronicles -- I mean, sure, strategy is a strong genre on PC, but much of Bayo1 PC was, like, right there.

Top Bottom