• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games founder teases possible Vanquish PC port, has no idea about Rising 2

Fisty

Great for Vanquish, and Id be much more upset about no Rising 2 if i hadnt seen those Nier 2 videos.

Would love to see the Sega Platinum games get remasters.

Man i just had a thought...

What if Bayonetta 2 had a 5-year exclusive agreement with Nintendo? Like Mass Effect 1 with MS? I would buy that collection (again)

Kaztinka

I don't know about F2P - rebalancing it for that economy might be more trouble than it's worth - but Anarchy Reigns definitely deserves another chance. Probably not over Vanquish, though.

but that's the only "guaranteed" way to have an audience for that game
if it wasn't F2P, it will die quickly just like Battleborn
not to mention the fact that PG titles don't sell that well
sure, it's not a better game than Vanquish
but Anarchy Reigns never got the chance it deserves! It's almost like Sega didn't even try to market it in the west

BBboy20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NDWFeM9JE8

exactly!
Vanquish, Bayonetta, Revengeance 2
who cares?

all we need is a PC F2P port of the greatest multiplayer game in existence that no one ever played!
Anarchy Reigns baby!

bayonetta_2_by_clifferock-d63uxgo.gif

all those dudes running around could be real people online
Man, maybe NeoGAF can get a game running this week.

but that's the only "guaranteed" way to have an audience for that game
if it wasn't F2P, it will die quickly just like Battleborn
not to mention the fact that PG titles don't sell that well
sure, it's not a better game than Vanquish
but Anarchy Reigns never got the chance it deserves! It's almost like Sega didn't even try to market it in the west
What? If the console versions, at least, had dedicated servers or less restrictions on lobby structures and ran better, we would still be playing it.

F2P or not, PC would be the best place for a online MP focused game anyways.

Also: Battleborn is dying because it's Battleborn.

It was never mentioned in tutorials. If you didn't hear about it online you'd probably never know. There's a lot of that in this game, which is part of the reason it was so underrated.
Underrated? This game is a stone cold classic, with high critical and user praise.

It just didn't sell all that well.

MrPanic

exactly!
who cares?

all we need is a PC F2P port of the greatest multiplayer game in existence that no one ever played!
Anarchy Reigns baby!

This man gets it. This is all I need in my life right now. I would actually play this every day if they released it on pc. I remember the regulars on this game being a dedicated bunch, we were bringing the online alive every weekend for I think two years straight. If they'd release it on pc we'd probably play this game into infinity.

A Vanquish pc port would be nice though. It's probably the most enjoyable singleplayer shooter game I can remember and would be nice to have again. That said, if there was one Platinum game I could port to pc, I'd pick Anarchy Reigns over it without a single doubt.

Robot Pants

Konami will realize they fucked up (they already kinda have) and to earn back that trust with everyone - which is what they are already trying to do - Rising 2 will be commissioned and given to platinum and it will be FUCKING. GLORIOUS.

you can quote this post cause it's happenin, my dudes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if Bayonetta 2 had a 5-year exclusive agreement with Nintendo? Like Mass Effect 1 with MS? I would buy that collection (again)

Microsoft didn't own Mass Effect despite publishing it. That's not the case with Bayonetta 2; Nintendo owns it.

Kaztinka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NDWFeM9JE8

Man, maybe NeoGAF can get a game running this week.

What? If the console versions, at least, had dedicated servers or less restrictions on lobby structures and ran better, we would still be playing it.

F2P or not, PC would be the best place for a online MP focused game anyways.

Also: Battleborn is dying because it's Battleborn.

this is Anarchy Reigns we're talking about here
we were lucky to get a sequel for Madworld to begin with

don't get me wrong, I hate F2P as much as the next guy
BUT! that's the only way to get the casual consumer on board, plus, people who have no idea that they want this
I want to see hundreds of thousands playing the game, not tens of thousands
and F2P is the only way to ensure that on the long run
-
I don't care about Battleborn and I would never buy it even if it was for $5
but if it was F2P I wouldn't mind trying it

This man gets it. This is all I need in my life right now. I would actually play this every day if they released it on pc. I remember the regulars on this game being a dedicated bunch, we were bringing the online alive every weekend for I think two years straight. If they'd release it on pc we'd probably play this game into infinity.

A Vanquish pc port would be nice though. It's probably the most enjoyable singleplayer shooter game I can remember and would be nice to have again. That said, if there was one Platinum game I could port to pc, I'd pick Anarchy Reigns over it without a single doubt.

Man, I wish I was born somewhere where people are competent enough to play this masterpiece :(
sure, Vanquish is a better single player game and overall a much more polished title than Anarchy Reigns could ever be
but I think Anarchy Reigns is a more unique experience than Vanquish or any other PG title
I'd even go on to say that nothing could even come close to what Anarchy Reigns was

Vic_Viper

Has there been any news recently at TGS about Vanquish coming to PC? Really want to play it again but I don't want to do it on PS3 and don't own a 360.

I'd rather them just give us a definitive yes or no.

If I remember right Valkrya Chronicles just kinda showed up on Steam like a week or two after them announcing it.

Has there been any news recently at TGS about Vanquish coming to PC? Really want to play it again but I don't want to do it on PS3 and don't own a 360.

If I remember right Valkrya Chronicles just kinda showed up on Steam like a week or two after them announcing it.

if it happens it will be announced out of the blue and then probably released within a week of announcement

Lunar15

Vanquish on PC would probably be the best thing ever.

EDIT: fucking shit, I got fooled by the bump. Jesus christ, man.

Parsnip

Ask again when we are closer to November.

Assuming the pattern holds.

Neiteio

exactly!
who cares?

Anarchy Reigns baby!

Man, Anarchy Reigns was so much fun

J-Skee

Funny, I was just telling myself how I'm going to hook up my PS3 so I can finally play Metal Gear Rising & Vanquish. Wish they could be ported to the PS4, but oh well.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize this was a bump.

Top Bottom