• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Anung

Un Rama
Very happy with Titanfall 2. Got Battlefield 1 and Dishonored 2 installing.

Fired up Infamous and the extra frame rate is great but the blacks are really dark. It's distracting.

Tinúviel

After playing with whole day and seeing the improvements on my 1080p tv.I'm now officialy crying for no Driveclub patch.

That could be the closest we can get to CGI-like Racing game damn Sony.

BFIB

Play nice you two!

20161110_134539_zpsyzgyzish.jpg

black070

Details, man, details!

On chapter 5 (roughly 40-50% in) whilst playing in 4K on the Pro, and it is a very gorgeous game. I'll be interested to find out how exactly it's been enhanced because it is honestly a sight to behold, with what feels to be a very smooth hold on it's 30fps target.

HeeHo

Going to pick this up on my lunch break.If I intend to use my old 2TB hard drive right away, should I just back up my saves on a USB and then stick that bad boy right in? I'm not too concerned with a network transfer.

I'm also kind of worried the stick pro PS4 HDD is faster than my seagate 2tb.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Tinúviel;223979220 said:
After playing with whole day and seeing the improvements on my 1080p tv.I'm now officialy crying for no Driveclub patch.

Maybe Scorpio will get a Forza Horizon 3 patch?

Buys PS4 Pro at BB
Get's email from GS that they after doing $200 trade for PS4 Pro
....-_-

Fuck it I'm still keeping it, forever blu ray of living room it will be until S gets cheap.

The Dude

Huge improvement, can really feel the frames bring a hell of a lot better overall. The system just feels smooth, the new controllers along with better frames makes a nice difference. Tried a few BF1 modes and larger modes feel simply better, big time. Running on my Epson 5040ub and it's gorgeous.

styl3s

Mine is about the same, so if it really only takes 1 hour I will do the transfer. I am seeing people reporting like 4 hour waits.
I wonder how those people are transferring? Because it took me less than 4 hours to transfer almost 600gb via ethernet.

Buys PS4 Pro at BB
....-_-

Fuck it I'm still keeping it, forever blu ray of living room it will be until S gets cheap.
This was me soon as i picked mine up from Best Buy i saw it and went well fuuuck me.

Upside is i get to be the cool uncle this christmas by giving my niece the normal PS4 and some games.

DOWN

Banned
What is the preferred setting for Tomb Raider on a 1080p tv? Y'all like the decked out effects or the high res? I don't think I'll pick high frame rate

f@luS

More than a member.
Tinúviel;223979220 said:

I would pay for a 4K checkerboard 30fps it would looks like photo mode. Omg. Or 1080p60 with AA

What is the preferred setting for Tomb Raider on a 1080p tv? Y'all like the decked out effects or the high res? I don't think I'll pick high frame rate
4k allday

Short question about capturing videos on PS4 Pro.
It can now capture in 1080p / 60fps, which works great.
But after uploading the video on YouTube, it's not 60fps. Doesn't even have the option to choose 60fps.

Vuze

Short question about capturing videos on PS4 Pro.
It can now capture in 1080p / 60fps, which works great.
But after uploading the video on YouTube, it's not 60fps. Doesn't even have the option to choose 60fps.
From what I've read, it can only stream 1080p60 but capture is still restricted to 1080p30. Which would explain your situation.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Finally it started transferring.....3 hours for 64gb?! What?

Ricker

Went to lunch with a friend and asked him if he would buy a used PS4 for 200 bucks..(CAD)he said yes.Walked in a Wal-Mart a little later and they had 2 PRO left...currently transfering for OG to the PRO ;)...I still only have a 1080p set but fuck it,couldnt resist. :p

From what I've read, it can only stream 1080p60 but capture is still restricted to 1080p30. Which would explain your situation.

Oh, that's too bad.
But at least we can capture in 1080p now, which looks nice.
Would be cool if the can patch it, to make 60fps capture possible.

zarnold56

Buys PS4 Pro at BB
....-_-

Huh? I was just in there about an hour ago to trade my old one in and get the new one. It was still $150 when I traded mine in. If that is the case I might stop by after work and see if I can get at least credit

Huh? I was just in there about an hour ago to trade my old one in and get the new one. It was still $150 when I traded mine in. If that is the case I might stop by after work and see if I can get at least credit

Oh my bad, i just looked at it again. It's $200 for Xbox S and still $150 for normal PS4. Please don't waste a trip because of me XD

N30RYU

An admin just replied this on ubi forums About a Pro patch for The Division:
"Hey, we don't have any news regarding the PS4 pro at this time. When we do, we will be sure to share it."

giphy.gif

Tubie

Just got my Pro, I wasn't really expecting to upgrade right away but all the impressions of BF1 running better on it made me pull the trigger.

For those that have it and have done this, how smooth/fast is the file transfer going to be from my old PS4 to the Pro? I'm wondering if it's better to just download everything again on the new system.

CrazyHal

I'm in a really bad mood right now. I bought a brand new 4k LG UH6100 and guess what? The pro doesn't seem to work with it. Theres no image. No matter what i do, i can't get my tv to display an image.

My OG ps4 works fine with it so at first i though my pro was the problem, but when i plugged it to my dad's 1080p tv, it work just fine.

I'm gonna have to call best buy and tell them what's happening.

jiiikoo

Banned
Just got my Pro, I wasn't really expecting to upgrade right away but all the impressions of BF1 running better on it made me pull the trigger.

For those that have it and have done this, how smooth/fast is the file transfer going to be from my my old PS4 to the Pro? I'm wondering if it's better to just download everything again on the new system.
It took about 50-60 minutes over ethernet. Size was about 280gb. So quite fast.

Top Bottom