• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

jiiikoo

Banned
I'm in a really bad mood right now. I bought a brand new 4k LG UH6100 and guess what? The pro doesn't seem to work with it. Theres no image. No matter what i do, i can't get my tv to display an image.

My OG ps4 works fine with it so at first i though my pro was the problem, but when i plugged it to my dad's 1080p tv, it work just fine.

I'm gonna have to call best buy and tell them what's happening.
You need to start the Pro in safe mode and select the resolution from there.

KodaRuss

Just got notification that it is sitting at my front door... wont be home until Saturday. Hope the neighborhood kids that I have watching the dogs will bring it in...

Haines

Banned
Titanfall 2 looks very clean. Not as much as Tomb Raider but it's a noticeable improvement over OG PS4. This is on a 1080p display btw

Yeah tf2 really does look clean. Popped in uc4 and it looks great 1080p as well.

Pro is def worth it in 1080p

Now hopefully i get my 4k tv tmrw and experience the uhd hdr eye candy

test_account

XP-39C²
When i try to transfer from my old PS4 to PS4 Pro, it wont find my old PS4. I've tried to connect LAN cable directly between the two units and i've tried using a switch/hub as well, still cant find it. Any idea what might be wrong? Both PS4 are of course running.
Quoting myself since i found the problem earlier. I had set the same static IP on both PS4. I changed that to two different IPs and it worked fine :)

Kinan

Grr, getting Server timeout server during the transfer. NW 31175 7. Wtf, why you even need to contact server while transferring from old to pro? Any ideas, somewhat lost right now. :(

PSN login on both consoles works just fine.

I accidentally had an order for one of these filled (pre-ordered when announced and forgot about it) and it'll be on my doorstep tomorrow.

Do I keep it?

jiiikoo

Banned
Grr, getting Server timeout server during the transfer. NW 31175 7. Wtf, why you even need to contact server while transferring from old to pro? Any ideas, somewhat lost right now. :(
Im guessing its due to activating the PS4 as primary. That needs a internet connection im guessing.

Fucking loving RotTR with unlocked framerate. I actually think enriched visual mode looks even worse, at least at 1080p. The shimmering and AA at least looks worse to me. Unlocked framerate is where's it's at. Now it's comparable to the first game, which it should've always been.

PrinceKee

I'm going to pickup a pro tonight probably. I'm going to trade in my launch system, since I have ps plus do I need to back anything up? I don't have a spare hdd and don't know if I have a memory stick big enough. When I install my games in my new system don't my saves download from the cloud?

I'm in a really bad mood right now. I bought a brand new 4k LG UH6100 and guess what? The pro doesn't seem to work with it. Theres no image. No matter what i do, i can't get my tv to display an image.

My OG ps4 works fine with it so at first i though my pro was the problem, but when i plugged it to my dad's 1080p tv, it work just fine.

boot into safe mode and change the HDCP from automatic to 1.4 and it will fix the problem i had the same issue and now it displays in 4k to boot into safe mode tunr it fully off and then hold the power button to turn it on till you hear 1 beep and then let go.

Thorzilla

Screw it, I bit the bait! The lure of a better VR, clearer IQ and a quieter, more energy saving console made me jump in. The catch? I have to bring it overseas and it's estimated to arrive the 21st or 22nd when I'll be away. Oh well, FFXV will look amazing! I'll ask for a few days off that I'm owed...

Kinda glad I held off on Ratchet and Clank until now. Its so clean and sharp, helps that the game is a joy to play as well!
I've put inFamous on the back burner for the time being to see if a decent fix/patch crops up for the black crush issue as its really distracting. I'm not hopeful, but Sucker Punch do say they are looking into the issue so fingers crossed. I'll have to give Tomb Raider a try next.

Shin-Ra

Had to delete several games and captures to get my original ps4 hd under 1TB so can someone please tell me where I can see a list of everything I've ever had on my ps4?

I thought it used to be in the Library but it doesn't look like it is?
Settings > System Storage Management

Really dumb question:

With Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 Pro (haven't installed yet) hooked up to my 4K/HDR TV, will I be able to use the 1080p high framerate mode and 1080p enhanced graphics mode or would I actually have to connect the PS4 Pro to my 1080p HD set? I thought I read that PS4 Pro would only do those kind of things when it detects a connection to a normal 1080p TV. Maybe not ?
If your PS4 Pro's set to output 1080p in the OS, games will probably default to a 1080p TV optimised mode (if they have one) but you don't have to physically connect a 1080p TV. Games should offer all rendering options with unique benefits no matter what you set the PS4 output to though.

GazzaGSi

An admin just replied this on ubi forums About a Pro patch for The Division:
"Hey, we don't have any news regarding the PS4 pro at this time. When we do, we will be sure to share it."

giphy.gif

Glad it's not completely ruled out then!

Start it in safe mode and perhaps select the resolution and see if that helps?

j0hnnix

For TF2 does it have to install the patch for the 4k options to show in audio/video settings? I might of misunderstood it was on the disk.

CyberChulo

What is the preferred setting for Tomb Raider on a 1080p tv? Y'all like the decked out effects or the high res? I don't think I'll pick high frame rate

Yeah. I'm having a hard choice between the two. In the snow levels, 4k removes some of the weather effects. I'm just going to have to replay the game on each.

Drewfonse

Anyone else have a Samsung JS8500? My video output says HDR is not supported by my tv but everything I have read says it is. Any help is appreciated.

I have that model and have not had any issues. Do you have UHD Color enabled for the input that you're using? You enable that through the TV

charpunk

I made a backup yesterday to an external drive (about 600gb) which took 5 hours. Will transferring from the original to pro using ethernet result in a faster transfer rate?

Anyone here using a samsung 4k? It seems like UHD is only supported on HDMI 1? HDMI 2 and 3 are greyed out. Does this mean I plug in my ps4 to HDMI 1, and leave my cable box HDMI in port 2? Not sure if only one port supports HDR, etc.
If it's like most 4K sets you need to manually set the HDMI ports to advanced mode to support HDR.

I'm using a Sony 940C and I don't know if it's just the tv and fact it's a Sony device, but it automatically enabled all the magic for me.

Can I use my regular PS4 upgraded 2tb harddrive with the PRO or do I have to use a new type?

It's a matter of how I'm pricing my current PS4 to sell: with the old HDD or the new 2tb.

Moodz

Is it really crazy that I think I prefer Uncharted 4 without hdr?
I have a Sony X8509C with the latest update from today and I think my settings are right.

I see much more details withouts hdr...

Drewfonse

eeh i don't really have a lot to say xD
just played the very beginning, cause the game was still downloading
so far smooth performance and great IQ, there is pretty much zero aliasing

On chapter 5 (roughly 40-50% in) whilst playing in 4K on the Pro, and it is a very gorgeous game. I'll be interested to find out how exactly it's been enhanced because it is honestly a sight to behold, with what feels to be a very smooth hold on it's 30fps target.

Delicious

This thing's still loud, cripes lol. Ah well.

Yeah it started off whisper quiet but got louder as I played Battlefield 1 and RotTR off disc. It's still much quiter than my OG PS4 but doesn't hold a candle to how quiet my XBO-S is. Shame, but man it feels good to switch graphics settings on the fly on console.

mulac

Turned on Enhanced Darks on my UHD in HDMI1 port - immediately the 2160p-RGB became available.

But PS4Pro still says HDR not supported...what gives?

Theonik

Played a bit of uncharted 4 with the patch. It looks pretty good tomorrow I'll throw it on a spare 4K set. Still haven't had time to try out VR.

First time ps4 owner. Quite impressed so far.

My wallet is looking at me like, "really.... really man..."

Just pulled the trigger on a pro from Target with the wishlist 10% off coupon + 5% red card.

$341.99 before tax (10% off coupon then 5% off of that via red card).

$374.48 after taxes.

Hope to pick up BF1 in store as well for $35.99. They didn't have it available for pickup, so I wasn't able to save $3.60 but F it... securing a pro was top priority. All other stores were sold out and not available.

Still having doubts on it.... ahhhhhh.

Man, these PS4 Pro impressions are hard to read.

I'm planning on buying mine in January and the wait is hard as fuck since i have Playstation VR and Titanfall 2, both things that take advantage of the Pro power.

For the Pro owners, enjoy your purchases !!

Top Bottom