• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 receives official £50 price drop in the UK this October

On Demand

Banned
Ok so The Uncharted bundle is the only one getting a price drop temporarily. What about Japan's price, is that temporary too?

I hope Sony isn't following what MS did last year.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Ok so The Uncharted bundle is the only one getting a price drop temporarily. What about Japan's price, is that temporary too?

I hope Sony isn't following what MS did last year.

Japan is permanent.

Interesting that Sony have said this is temporary.

Slaythe

I can assure you that some game menus make the ps4 get loud.

My ps4 is never loud, but some menus in AC unity and MGSV do turn it into a plane.

Closing menus fixes it.

Swass

So this price drop is equivalent to $76, and the competition in the US is probably the closest in any territory. Anyone think it's going to be $100 for North America?

ZhugeEX

Banned
Now I'm curios about their U.S. price strategy.

Agreed,

Like I said it's the perfect time for a price drop in the West and I think it should happen but I'm still split on whether Sony will decide to.

It'll need to happen before PGW otherwise I don't see Sony cutting the price until H1 2016.

As I said in the other thread before, the UK market is unique so a price drop here never really guarantees one in other regions as we've seen that happen last gen and also earlier this gen back in June when Sony dropped the price temporarily in the UK to £299 for the month.

Even though Sony have confirmed this is a temporary deal I'm still of the opinion that we should see a price cut in the West, even if it is temporary. But they're running out of time to announce it and I'm surprised Sony have decided to split announcements this time between the West and East.

So this price drop is equivalent to $76, and the competition in the US is probably the closest in any territory. Anyone think it's going to be $100 for North America?

It doesn't quite work like that. The equivalent drop would be $50.

El Topo

So that's equivalent to $76, and the competition in the US is probably the closest in any territory. Anyone think it's going to be $100 for North America?

If there is an official price drop, I doubt it will be anything other than the usual £50/$50/€50.

Top Bottom