• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (CFW cheaters winning)

explodet

- 15 prizes
- Canadian accounts ineligible
- bid amounts in triple figures

This contest is pretty terrible in my eyes.
Good luck to those who do qualify, though!

Vlodril

could have mentioned its only na.. got exited for a moment. although i probably wouldnt have enough to get anything anyway.

I like the idea though.

I only have 16 gold trophies, which is bad. But I have a life outside gaming, which is good! But the frogurt is also cursed...can I go now?

.la1n

Great idea, unfortunately my gold count is too far on the low side to actually win anything. Hope they continue to run with this idea in the future. Put some real incentive to the trophies.

Edit: obviously in the future it would need to be higher item stocks but make it low cost items. It's be fun even if all your getting is a poster/sticker/whatever.

SilentFlyer

Only 29 Gold here.

Not a chance, can't even dream of bidding. I think we might get a chance after 3 to 4 props when most players have already bid their gold trophies, may be.

EDIT: I am not in US, so nvm. lol.

1,353 Trophies
51 Gold

blindrocket.png

steveovig

I just checked psnprofiles.com for my gold count and apparently I have 110. Now, I feel like I've been wasting my life the last few years!

USC-fan

Banned
That is very cool idea! It would be awesome if they kept doing this.

I only got 15 Gold. Might have to start trying to get some gold.

Ocaso

I'd be interested to know GAFer's respective percentage of gold trophies to total trophies ratio. I'm at just under 3%. 2,479 trophies, 69 gold.

LTWOOD12.png

84 gold out of 1761 trophies, so about 1.1%. I kind of thought I might be able to snag something, but this is clearly for far more devoted gamers than I. Still, a cool idea overall.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm getting this message too, but I'm in Canada!
Same. Not that I have a chance of winning anything. They really should have made it possible to bid on smaller things from that ad too. Sure, they would have to ship all that, but it's from advertising budget after all.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah most winners will be Trophy Hackers or the guys at the top who are team based and earn trophies at an outstanding rate

Oh wells

I know I won't get anything, not worth it, when even dedicated as I am, there's almost 370+ people ahead of me in trophies... so yeah, this is wasn't thought out properly

Be smart to use Gold Trophies as a raffle, 1 Gold = 1 Raffle Ticket

So it levels the playing field

Oh wells, I'll go back to earning Trophies, no biggie

Yeah 644 Golds aren't going to get me shit

libregkd

I have just about ~300 Gold and I'm hoping a bunch of people blow their trophies the first few days so the later items will be more reasonable.

I'm curious about how much higher the concept art images would be in comparison to actual props though.

This is a pretty awesome promotion. Only got 27 Golds... Graverobber going to clean house lol.

It would be awesome to have that Clicker Mask!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also INCOMING wave of Trophy Sales Onslaught for these games

Terminator Salvation
Under Siege
History Patton Wars PS3 + Vita
Any Game with at least 8+ Gold is going to get bought and ASAP, LOL

Very smart of Sony LOL

darkwing

Also INCOMING wave of Trophy Sales Onslaught for these games

Terminator Salvation
Under Siege
History Patton Wars PS3 + Vita
Any Game with at least 8+ Gold is going to get bought andcplayed for next week LOL

lol Terminator Salvation must be the easiest game to Plat

and no its not that Hannah game shesh

Top Bottom