• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation.Blog: "Gamescom 2013 is Coming!"

Last I heard there were two ND games coming to the ps4 next year but that was a while ago. The big one will be holiday next year. Originally the plan was to keep it quiet until atleast the VGAs but since Microsoft is already talking about halo which is clearly holiday '14 i could see them announcing it now... but i don't know that for certain.

The other announcement will cannibalize sales so i dont expect that to be mentioned either.
If it were Uncharted 4 and TLoU 2 then perhaps the cannibalisation refers to a PS4 version of TLoU being released in the near future, thus preventing a sequel being announced too early, through fear of people waiting for that instead? I have no real clue about ND. Hoping for new ip.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You seem like someone I would want on a riddle solving team...

:)

Are there teams that solve riddles? I may be bending over backwards trying to be unquotable. This is why cboat is cboat.

Nice.

Man, I was kind of hoping they wouldn't port TLoU since I already bought the survival edition. It may have been a recent decision since the game took off and would be a good way to get people who didn't have PS3s on board for PS4. I know I'll double dip.

I think that's going to be the big game announcement this Gamescom with gameplay and not just CG.
I'd be surprised if we didn't see either GG or SSM's new IP. I could see GG wanting to show their new IP at the big European show and demonstrate that they're not just a Killzone studio, since they're releasing two KZ games within a couple months of each other, and SSM holding out until the VGAs but it could also go the other way with GG not wanting to show something else before SF and Mercenary.

You seem like someone I would want on a riddle solving team...

:)

Are there teams that solve riddles? I may be bending over backwards trying to be unquotable. This is why cboat is cboat.
!!!! You're making my hype levels rise, really all I want to hear coming out of Gamescon is a Tlou port........hopefully before end of year, but thats probably wishful thinking.

Racer1977

I'd say there's an incredibly strong hint of cannibalizing sales of TLoU DLC as it will be included in TLoU GOTY for PS4, that's what i take from that anyway.
Similar thinking must also apply to GT6 GOTY, although that will have a longer gestation period as the PS3 DLC could flow through all of '14.

KAL2006

Banned
you guys are all just saying ND and SSM but just wait and see Sony Bend come out of nowhere and BAM!!

Bend are rumoured to be working on a Vita game. People are saying Santa Monica is because they have been working on a new IP since GoW3. Also Guerilla Games second studio has also worked on a new IP for time, but I reckon they will wait till VGA after Killzone Shadowfall is out. Of course Media Molecule is another studio that has been working on a new IP. So I predict 2 big games announcements, 1 from Santa Monica and 1 from Media Molecule. Other new announcements will be smaller ones like PSN game by Housemarque and casual game by Zindagi or London.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bend are rumoured to be working on a Vita game. People are saying Santa Monica is because they have been working on a new IP since GoW3. Also Guerilla Games second studio has also worked on a new IP for time, but I reckon they will wait till VGA after Killzone Shadowfall is out. Of course Media Molecule is another studio that has been working on a new IP. So I predict 2 big games announcements, 1 from Santa Monica and 1 from Media Molecule. Other new announcements will be smaller ones like PSN game by Housemarque and casual game by Zindagi or London.

I also think we'll get LBP3 in some form and there will be a PS4 version instead of just PS3/Vita.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
How can I hold all these announcements?

Have to figure Sony would want to spread out the announcements of Santa Monica's game, Naughty Dog's next game and Guerilla's new IP. Those are probably the biggest guns in their arsenal so to speak. That's why I think the Santa Monica game is a certainty for Gamescom.

I also think we'll get LBP3 in some form and there will be a PS4 version instead of just PS3/Vita.

i bet it's ps4/vita.

and i bet MM will show the trailer. and you see Sackboy's bum on screen standing in a 2D world and then it converts to a 3D field and he jumps in and then that will be the beginning of the next gen creation tool and a 5 minute gameplay montage.

would buy a LBP3/ps4 cam bundle.

Yawnier

Banned
I got the impression at E3 that there might not be another Uncharted Vita.

Sony may try and salvage the Vita by throwing some first party stuff at it, but I don't know....

I think we'll get at least one more Uncharted from ND. They've said they still like to do it if they have ideas.

I think that ND are working on the next main Uncharted at least, but I'm just throwing it out there it was a very interesting comment to come from someone who works at SCE.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I don't know if I'd double dip on TLOU for PS4.

I'm also sure that GG won't show their other game before they release their first game. Doesn't seem logical.

It does. They just signed a new contract about a month ago.

Why do they need to sign a contract for?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
i bet it's ps4/vita.

and i bet MM will show the trailer. and you see Sackboy's bum on screen standing in a 2D world and then it converts to a 3D field and he jumps in and then that will be the beginning of the next gen creation tool and a 5 minute gameplay montage.

would buy a LBP3/ps4 cam bundle.

MM is a relatively small studio and they're doing Tearaway and a new PS4 IP. Several job listings have pinned Sumo as making the game for PS3/Vita and I think Bluepoint's next gen game is a PS4 version.

I think that ND are working on the next main Uncharted at least, but I'm just throwing it out there it was a very interesting comment to come from someone who works at SCE.

That would be my guess too. ND makes Uncharted 4 to set up the direction they want the franchise to go from here and then another studio takes over after that.

Why do they need to sign a contract for?
Probably to keep Ueda on since he's just a contractor for the project now and not a Sony employee.

How can I hold all these announcements?

Have to figure Sony would want to spread out the announcements of Santa Monica's game, Naughty Dog's next game and Guerilla's new IP. Those are probably the biggest guns in their arsenal so to speak. That's why I think the Santa Monica game is a certainty for Gamescom.

That's exactly why I think we won't hear about any of these at Gamescom this year.

I think we'll get something on Housemarque's new PS4 game for PSN, Media Molecules PS4 game and maybe one or two other indie titles. MM game will be the big announcement and then just more on games we know about, including gameplay from The Order.

TGS we see The Last Guardian resurface on PS4.

VGA's we get Uncharted 4 trailer.

E3 2014 we see GG new IP and SSM new IP.

No need to announce stuff so early at an event like Gamescom.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That's exactly why I think we won't hear about any of these at Gamescom this year.

I think we'll get something on Housemarque's new PS4 game for PSN, Media Molecules PS4 game and maybe one or two other indie titles. MM game will be the big announcement and then just more on games we know about, including gameplay from The Order.

Santa Monica's game has been in the oven so long I can't believe we won't see it this year. That would be really shocking to me. They have a year and a half lead over the team making Uncharted 4 (?) just for perspective.

Last I heard there were two ND games coming to the ps4 next year but that was a while ago. The big one will be holiday next year. Originally the plan was to keep it quiet until atleast the VGAs but since Microsoft is already talking about halo which is clearly holiday '14 i could see them announcing it now... but i don't know that for certain.

The other announcement will cannibalize sales so i dont expect that to be mentioned either.

hum so uncharted 4 ps4 and maybe a port ot TLOU for ps4(i'll buy that) or TLOU Kart game

Samyy

I agree with GG, SSM maybe a teaser but yea theres no need for it.
They already have 2 games announced for next year right? Infamous and The Order (?) they could simply announce ND project, MM and call it a day for next year announcements for now.

Skeff

Even if Housemarque, media molecule and the one or two indie titles are all under the WWS umbrella which i don't think they are, your list is still 7 exclusives short that need to launch at or before holiday 2014 and thats assuming all those games release before holiday 2014 aswell.

I really think there are going to be 5-6 PS4 first party games announced at gamescom.

Since its a vita game.. I would probably suspect it and Panopticon to get some showing in the presser

Edit:by the way is Panopticon made by Project Siren (the Gravity Rush/Daze Team)

salromano

Even if Housemarque, media molecule and the one or two indie titles are all under the WWS umbrella which i don't think they are, your list is still 7 exclusives short that need to launch at or before holiday 2014 and thats assuming all those games release before holiday 2014 aswell.

I really think there are going to be 5-6 PS4 first party games announced at gamescom.

Media Molecule is owned by Sony, so they're under the WWS umbrella. Housemarque isn't owned by Sony, but they're working on two PS4 games "with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe XDEV team," so their games might be.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Both would be published by Sony, specially Media Molecule's game since it's a first party studio. This means it has to be included in the list of WWS.

Samyy

I think you might see 5 PS4 games announced over the next 6 month-10months, not just in one event.

I think that's being incredibly (almost naively) optimistic. But as a soon to be proud PS4 owner - I would love you're prediction to ring true.

I'm a realist though and I think you should prepare for a similar scenario to the one I painted in my previous post. Sony don't need to go wild with games right now, they've announced quite a few and have the post launch VGA's in December to reveal post launch games.

Skeff

I wasn't aware Media molecule was first party, not sure why, makes sense considering yosp tweeting about their demonstration blowing him away...and i don't know about housemarque and if there in the 20, but like i said, even with all of those games and the ones announced and assuming the other indie games are part of XDev too and so in WWS, we're still 7 games short.

And i think some of those 7 will be announced at gamescom, due to the amount of microsoft exclusives shown at E3 to cover up the DRM.

Yes, I may be over hyped for gamescom

KAL2006

Banned
Since its a vita game.. I would probably suspect it and Panopticon to get some showing in the presser

Edit:by the way is Panopticon made by Project Siren (the Gravity Rush/Daze Team)

No it isn't, Project Siren is rumored to be working on Gravity Rush sequel.

Anyway if anyone missed it, these are the potential games that Sony could release in their promised Sony published games in their first year

1. Drive Club
2. Knack
3. Killzone Shadowfall
4. inFamous Second Son
5. The Order 1866
6. Giant Sparrow PSN game
7. Housemarque PSN game
8. Hohokum PSN game
9. Until Dawn PS4/PS3
10. Santa Monica new IP
11. Guerilla Games new IP
12. Media Molecule new IP
13. Uncharted 4
14. AR game by London
15. Move game by Zindagi
16. PSN game by Wish Studios
17. PSN game by Tarsier Studios
18. PSN game by Ovosonico
19. Hot Shots game
20. MLB
21. The Last Guardian
22. Gran Turismo 6 XL

I hope there's some new Destiny content revealed here, preferably competitive multiplayer information. Also, the Order 1886 is welcome with large open arms.

Anyway if anyone missed it, these are the potential games that Sony could release in their promised Sony published games in their first year

1. Drive Club
2. Knack
3. Killzone Shadowfall
4. inFamous Second Son
5. The Order 1866
6. Giant Sparrow PSN game
7. Housemarque PSN game
8. Hohokum PSN game
9. Until Dawn PS4/PS3
10. Santa Monica new IP
11. Guerilla Games new IP
12. Media Molecule new IP
13. Uncharted 4
14. AR game by London
15. Move game by Zindagi
16. PSN game by Wish Studios
17. PSN game by Tarsier Studios
18. PSN game by Ovosonico
19. Hot Shots game
20. MLB
21. The Last Guardian
22. Gran Turismo 6 XL

is Tarsier game PSN... even though its a small dev team i thought they wanted to really hit hard with their new I.P... of course you can do that digitally but I assumed there would be some retail version

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think that's being incredibly (almost naively) optimistic. But as a soon to be proud PS4 owner - I would love you're prediction to ring true.

I'm a realist though and I think you should prepare for a similar scenario to the one I painted in my previous post. Sony don't need to go wild with games right now, they've announced quite a few and have the post launch VGA's in December to reveal post launch games.

The Order is the only game announced for after the launch window so far. If any of the unannounced games are coming before the holidays next year and are decently large titles, now would be a great time to announce them.

Verendus

Banned
Of the 30 in development (not just talking about the first year games now), I believe the next Sly will count as one of them, as well as an AAA Stealth/Action game. Also in the works is another racer, but that will likely be digital only (or I should say is digital only as of this moment). That one is probably not one of the 30 though.

salromano

Of the 30 in development (not just talking about the first year games now), I believe the next Sly will count as one of them, as well as an AAA Stealth/Action game. Also in the works is another racer, but that will likely be digital only (or I should say is digital only as of this moment). That one is probably not one of the 30 though.

I think it was you who mentioned Sony Japan developing some big JRPG on the scale of Final Fantasy? Any idea when we'll see that? =P

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Stealth/action game, eh? Now you have my attention.

Also in the works is another racer, but that will likely be digital only (or I should say is digital only as of this moment).
hqdefault.jpg

Wipeout?!
That one is probably not one of the 30 though.
oh... :( no WipeOut

Syphon Filter at last??

So...
- PS4 Sly Cooper (maybe?)
- PS4 AAA Stealth/Action game.
- PS4 Racer (published by Sony, 3rd-party, without WWS support, digital )

There was concept art leaked from an awesome looking stealth action game from one of the studios that got shut down. Maybe some other team picked it up?

I remember that. A futuristic co-op stealth game I think. Apparently development was quite far along so it could have been salvaged I suppose.

Order

N-n-next Sly?!?!? ohmegodicant

Since you're managing the list of first-party/titles in development, etc, why not make a chart that compares the competition? I did one, but it's incomplete, I think.

kohnJVf.jpg

nib95

Banned

nib95GodfatherKazified.gif~original

Top Bottom