• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

World Premier (in terms of being on consoles.)
Red5 Studio introducing....Firefall

F2P, MMO class-based TPS
Actually available on Steam right now (released same time last year.)

Shadowfall
Titanfall
Towerfall
Firefall

This has probably been asked multiple times already so apologies in advance, but can someone provide a link where I can watch this?

Second Playstation Indie Development Competition.

The Indie reel was more exciting than the big games lol.

FluxWaveZ

That was cool, though I didn't think that games would be shown at something like that without them actually being approved by the government.

noobie

Banned
Is Vita really doing good in China enough to show some reasonable boast in quarterly results of Sony ending June 30?
because i think Vita result were pretty low and even 200k bump will be noticeable. :)

Javin98

Banned
And again, we get no sales figures. :( Oh, well, it's to be expected, I guess, but I really wonder how well the PS4 is doing in China.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Toukiden Kiwami has been approved to go on sale in China, will launch with a PS4 bundle.

Minecraft has been approved to go on sale in China, will launch exclusively on Xbox One.

Ardenyal

Minecraft has been approved to go on sale in China, will launch exclusively on Xbox One.

Gaming is the top activity across devices and we see great potential to continue to grow the Minecraft community and nurture the franchise. That is why we plan to continue to make Minecraft available across platforms – including iOS, Android and PlayStation, in addition to Xbox and PC.

Took them a year to 180 on it.
http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-minecraft-to-join-microsoft

ZhugeEX

Banned
Journey launched in China last week.

CMsEK58WIAAiDOz.jpg

CMsELXgWwAABsfc.jpg

Just Dance launches this week

Also some of you may find it interesting to know that in the first quarter that MS launched in China they lost $2.7m. On the first quarter that Sony launched in China they have lost $0.65m.

Also some of you may find it interesting to know that in the first quarter that MS launched in China they lost $2.7m. On the first quarter that Sony launched in China they have lost $0.65m.

That is quite a big difference. MS's loss is >4x as Sony's o_O

Also, welcome back! =)

Kolx

Sony will get 10% of the population of china and PS4 will be the best selling console ever and then Sony will dump us and launch PS5 in china only.

noobie

Banned
bw any follow up report by chinese media on the success/failure of this conference and the participatns of the conference?

Just Dance launches this week.

Zhuge is back!!!

Also I just played Journey for the first time yesterday. I hope it does well in China.

Javin98

Banned

This is nice info and all, but I'm still waiting for sales figures for both consoles. Looks like it may take forever. :(

This is nice info and all, but I'm still waiting for sales figures for both consoles. Looks like it may take forever. :(

I don't think we will ever get anything. Maybe if the PS4 reaches a milestone, we'll find out how well it's selling over there, but that's a really big maybe.

Toukiden Kiwami has been approved to go on sale in China, will launch with a PS4 bundle.

so pretty much if Minecraft is still as big by the time PS5 and Xbox2 comes around MS will be using this as an exclusive.

Giant corporations and there billions -_- lol...

ZhugeEX

Banned
Look like Sony is pushing PS4 strongly in the chinese market. Can you comment on Are they promoting PS4 through media campaigns too?

There is some advertising going on. Mainly on Internet and in posters/magazines.

Nothing major though.

Here is one example-

CMoyKshWUAU8Mc2.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned
So according to TGBus the PS4 had a moderate success in terms of sales from launch in March through to June but has seen a peak in sales over July and August in China.

TGBus say that 70% of PS4 sales are through their sales channels with more than 150 stores across the country and online shop.

674582d3d539b600815a4fe6ef50352ac75cb753_zpsh3pxfuox.jpg

PlayStation China marketing manager signs PS4's for customers who are buying that day

Top Bottom