• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

Moskalova

Did you found out what was number 3 zhuge?

giphy.gif

We got that FFX HD on PS4 at one of these Chinese targeted shows.

Maybe we will get something small the west will also be a bit interested in somewhere.

And with that big Dragon Quest thing so close I will guess "and we will also be bringing Dragon Quest XI to China" will be a part of this.

ZhugeEX

Banned
1001 Spikes

Ether One

F1 2015 (Probably this one)

I think it'll be a flagship game. Rather than worrying too much about incorporating the "one".

Anyway, here is a round up of games announced for the Asia market from ACGHK2015. These are games announced for Hong Kong/Taiwan and other Asian markets, not mainland China. As you can see they will get some of these games before the West.

3epbeE8.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned
Sorry if this was already missing. Didn't see it with quick look. This is why it's a big deal:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/china-lifts-games-console-ban-opening-door-ps4-xbox-one-1512712

I'm excited because could be a gold mine to stabilize Sony some more financially and make bucks available for further 1st and 2nd party games.

It's not a huge deal. Hence why I made a post about it yesterday rather than make a new thread.

Basically the trial period is now over and it means Sony and MS can fully take control of their business.

Basically it means Nintendo don't need iQue anymore.

mattmanp

It's not a huge deal. Hence why I made a post about it yesterday rather than make a new thread.

Basically the trial period is now over and it means Sony and MS can fully take control of their business.

Basically it means Nintendo don't need iQue anymore.

I don't mean it's that big a deal to us as consumers, especially short term. But more money pouring in to industry should help keep big games in development long term. Apple is starting to make a killing there.

4Tran

It's interesting that there's so little Chinese in the game logos. Are the Hong Kong/Taiwan/SE Asian gamers used to purely Japanese titles?

I don't mean it's that big a deal to us as consumers, especially short term. But more money pouring in to industry should help keep big games in development long term. Apple is starting to make a killing there.
It probably doesn't mean a lot business-wise either. The console volumes aren't very large to begin with, so how they're handled doesn't mean much. If the volumes increase in the coming years, then it'll mean more, but this move doesn't do much to promote that.

What is that in the lower right corner saying ACGHK with a gold logo? Is it a location or name of the event?
It's the event: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation-Comic-Game_Hong_Kong

hirokazu

It's interesting that there's so little Chinese in the game logos. Are the Hong Kong/Taiwan/SE Asian gamers used to purely Japanese titles?

Yes. Given that they're used to entire games in Japanese or English, I don't think they'd have a problem with the titles...

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yes. Given that they're used to entire games in Japanese or English, I don't think they'd have a problem with the titles...

Yeh. They are used to Japanese titles because they always import Japanese version before all these localisations.

Btw, the number 1 on the countdown was the morpheus light bar I think.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Will there be a livestream?

On youku there will be one. But it is in Chinese + stream will be slow if you're outside China. Imo no point watching. I'll upload the highlights in youtube after the show.

I'll be at work during the show but I know a couple of people who will post important updates in this thread.

But like I said before, this conference is aimed at the Chinese market. so don't get too hyped for new info on Western market.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Here is the livestream link - http://zone.tudou.com/playstation?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

In a recent poll, Chinese fans were asked what they were most looking forward to. Here is what they said-

16.3% - PlayStation console/company information
38.5% - PlayStation game announcements
11.0% - PlayStation Plus information
11.5% - Project Morpheus announcements
8.30% - Well Known producers showing games
14.4% - Independent producer games. (Domestic)

Total participants - 3,864

Here is the 1 day left teaser which is clearly Project Morpheus-

ziT4LYj.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned
I am too. Not sure if I'm interested enough to wake up at 3 for it considering I won't understand a word, but I'm seriously tempted.

I'll be at work when it happens :(

But it's not going to be worth it to wake up at 3am haha. Unless you understnd Chinese and Japanese or live in China there is no point.

ZhugeEX

Banned
36 titles will be shown at China Joy which presumably means they'll be released in China someday if not already. BTW, all games on this list have already been announced so no surprise like I said lol.

Please note that we will see other titles mentioned during the conference most likely but these will be displayed and playable at China Joy.

Project Morpheus
SEGA feat. HATSUNE MIKU
The Playroom VR
The Deep
Summer Lesson

Animation games
Sword Art Online
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

Mainline games
Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
Street Fighter 5
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Toukiden Kiwami
Moto GP
F1 2015
Ratchet & Clank

Online games
Knights of Valour
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Warframe
King of Wushu

Other games
Final Fantasy X/X2
Fast cut blade/Blazing Blades (tentative title)
Journey
Tearaway: Unfolded
Rain Blood Mirage
Velocity
Magic Mirror Realms (tentative title)
Arcade Archives
CastleStorm
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Steamworld dig
Blast'em Bunnies
Chariot
Ziggurat
Kinkle Krusher
Funk of titans
Koi
Once upon a light

lol, you guys are overreacting.

Tell me about it. lol

The most likely "surprises" are going to be localization related, like the recent news of Chinese version of Mighty #9 being PS platform exclusive, etc.

(I know Zhuge does not care about the MS side, but it's kinda sad that there's no thread on what they might be doing.......other than debuing MCC.)

Shenmue

Banned
Would the games have Chinese VO or just text? I can only read some Chinese but my spoken Chinese is on point.

I'm referring to the Trails games mostly.

blakep267

The most likely "surprises" are going to be localization related, like the recent news of Chinese version of Mighty #9 being PS platform exclusive, etc.

(I know Zhuge does not care about the MS side, but it's kinda sad that there's no thread on what they might be doing.......other than debuing MCC.)
Well I mean it would have to be either one of you 2 to start it since you guys seem to be the only people with Chinese connections

Top Bottom