• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

Shenmue

Banned
The most likely "surprises" are going to be localization related, like the recent news of Chinese version of Mighty #9 being PS platform exclusive, etc.

(I know Zhuge does not care about the MS side, but it's kinda sad that there's no thread on what they might be doing.......other than debuing MCC.)

Yeah you should start one for the MS stuff! That would be very interesting as well.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Would the games have Chinese VO or just text? I can only read some Chinese but my spoken Chinese is on point.

I'm referring to the Trails games mostly.

Just text.

There will be traditional Chinese version for HK/TW and Simplified Chinese version for Mainland.

Morpheus just won China! :D

vMSdXd5.jpg

Well I mean it would have to be either one of you 2 to start it since you guys seem to be the only people with Chinese connections

The thing is that it's hard to expect much big news from CJ, as compared to say TaipeiGS, or HKGS.

Yeah you should start one for the MS stuff! That would be very interesting as well.

...>.>
I'm with Zhuge on this one though, I honestly don't care about what XBOX China do. They have 0 record of localizing anything other than Halo. The only praise I can give them is locking down small indie games.

ZhugeEX

Banned
The thing is that it's hard to expect much big news from CJ, as compared to say TaipeiGS, or HKGS.

Will you be posting about the Sony conference at all? As I'll be at work during it so won't have time to post here until like 12 hours after it finishes.

Btw did you get my PM?

ZhugeEX

Banned
One thing I noticed is that the teaser video showed the new transformers game but it's not on the China Joy list.

So I guess that means we may hear about it at the conference but it just won't be demoed after. I wonder what other games we will hear about not on that list. Being realistic, not many.

Will you be posting about the Sony conference at all? As I'll be at work during it so won't have time to post here until like 12 hours after it finishes.

Btw did you get my PM?

I'll post if there's any real major news, otherwise I prefer to just comment occasionally lol.

Yes, I got your pm.
I have nothing new to update on that area, yet.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Thanks Zhuge <3
That's a cool list =D Toukiden <3

I'm interested in hearing more about those VR titles!

It seems everyone was interested in me posting the list, then when i did everyone left because there was nothing of note.

As I said so many times haha, don't expect anything at all. This entire conference is aimed at the Chinese market and localising already released games. Yes we may get new info but chances are it will all be about China market stuff.

Anyway, here are some pics of them preparing for China Joy (Not the conference, the event after).

L2kbaKK.jpg

ach9NS4.jpg

It seems everyone was interested in me posting the list, then when i did everyone left because there was nothing of note.

As I said so many times haha, don't expect anything at all. This entire conference is aimed at the Chinese market and localising already released games. Yes we may get new info but chances are it will all be about China market stuff.

Anyway, here are some pics of them preparing for China Joy (Not the conference, the event after).

L2kbaKK.jpg

ach9NS4.jpg

That stage looks nice :)

salromano

Is this streaming anywhere? If I remember right, it starts in about 1.5hrs, no? I know there probably won't be anything noteworthy, news-wise, but if I don't fall asleep and there's a streaming option, I might as well leave it on.

Sharpeye

Don't Sony's quarterly report come out later today? What are the chances of getting a PS4 sales update at the conference?

ZhugeEX

Banned
Is this streaming anywhere? If I remember right, it starts in about 1.5hrs, no? I know there probably won't be anything noteworthy, news-wise, but if I don't fall asleep and there's a streaming option, I might as well leave it on.

I posted the link on the last page. :)

http://zone.tudou.com/playstation?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

Don't Sony's quarterly report come out later today? What are the chances of getting a PS4 sales update at the conference?

How many times do I have to repeat myself lol.

I wonder if Sony will give a sales update. Surely, with a new market to tap into, showing off the high sales could entice potential costumers to choose PlayStation over any competition.

moered6

Banned
you folks keep talking about this potential/ untapped market while Chinese gaffers keep telling you all, that there isn't shit

Journey, China release 8/18, 129 RMB.
Just Dance, Simplified Chinese version 8/25, 199 RMB
Just Dance PS4 Super Bundle, w/camera, 2999 RMB.
Toukiden Kiwami September
Toukiden Kiwami bundle also to be released, special HDD cover.
Warframe, next half of the year, first F2P title to debut on the China PS4.
Knights of Valour, next half of the year.
King of Wushu, major update.

Shengar

I hope console and Buy-to-Play gaming become large in China so they can finally make single player wushu RPG again.

Journey, China release 8/18, 129 RMB.
Just Dance, Simplified Chinese version 8/25, 199 RMB
Just Dance PS4 Super Bundle, w/camera, 2999 RMB.
Toukiden Kiwami September
Toukiden Kiwami bundle also to be released, special HDD cover.
Warframe, next half of the year, first F2P title to debut on the China PS4.
Knights of Valour, next half of the year.
King of Wushu, major update.

Thank you Dreamgazer <3

None of the titles being talked about now have a confirmed release date yet.

Don't automatically assume the games will get government approval.

(but they'll all have traditional Chinese versions *cough*)

Assuming I don't fall asleep, I'll try to get the English title for the Chinese indie games later. :p

(that or zhuge will do it. X_X)

RE5hAUN.png

^
"Still pending approval on the bottom right.

Some world premiers are coming

Hopefully something good

(GAF restriction between posts.....:p)

Again, these are new games to the PS platform, but no guarantee China release.

Were any of the Chinese made games shown original games for Playstation or all of them are ports?

Most are ports of PC titles.

--------------------

SFV - will be playable on the floor, also USFIV tournament.

One mentioning Twitter/Facebook/what not even though most of the audience can't access those social media platforms lol.

"WE'LL RELEASE IN CHINA...................if we pass approval" There will be simplified Chinese available anyway.

RyoonZ

Banned
I'm amazed how international Sony is.
Andrew House can speak Japanese, Yoshida speaking English and these guy speaking Chinese.

Top Bottom