• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"PlayStation Collections" Announced For SCEA (God Of War, Infamous, Ratchet HD)

Should't they save this for next gen? Are is the line up that bad?

Sony's about to re-launch the PS3 again with new models at a (finally) mass market price. This is an insanely smart move. Instead of picking up a handful of third party games or used copies of the Sony franchises they want to catch up on, they can get five God of War games for $40.

Carbonox

Will be a long time before anything like these make their way to Europe but the whole voucher thing for some of the additions puts me off completely. No sale. Facking vouchers man...

KalBalboa

Banned
Should't they save this for next gen? Are is the line up that bad?

The PS3 actually has had the healthiest lineup of retail exclusives this year, especially compared to the Wii & 360's offerings. It's looking good well into 2013, too, when you consider Beyond: Two Souls and Last of Us.

These collections are just smart ways of getting new adopters on-board and to dissuade used sales.

Nizz

I already got Infamous for free as part of that "Welcome Back" deal but I'd gladly pick up that Infamous collection and free up some space on my hard drive. I already own the God of War collection and God of War 3. Would have been nice to have the Origins collection included and not as a voucher.

So the boxes for these aren't in red?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Doesn't really seem like putting their best foot forward to bundle the PS2 R&C games rather than the PS3 ones.

I picked up the GOW:Origins collection when it was on PSN+ sale a few months ago.

Surprisingly the games are the best examples of good 3D gaming that I've experienced on PS3.

Luigi87

I'm definitely interested in the Rachet games. Always wanted to get into the series, but never did since I didn't play the PS2 titles.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know what sucks ass

I have Platinums and 100% on all those...

Fuck my addiction

Wish they would get a new trophy set to go with their new status, would double + triple dip on all of them

I love my shiny trophies

Already platted Ratchet 1, 2 and 90% on 3 (game glitched on me... might have to do 2 more play-throughs to get the last gold trophy for R&C 3 Plat)

Raoh

Nice, stuff like this makes me not want to buy at the beginning of a generation.

At this point, someone is going to financially better than the rest of us by buying a $200 PS3 and a collections game set w/free Playstation Plus for a month of each purchase. Sans early PS3 woes.

I'd trade in my current copies for a collections box set.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm guessing all the God of War games except for 3 will be voucher downloads? :( I don't see how they could manage to fit all five on one bluray.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It seems they're all just repackages. GOW3 and GOW1+2 are on separate discs, along with vouchers for GOS+COO. Infamous 1 and 2 are on separate discs with a voucher for FOB. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

HardRojo

The good part about that GoW bundle for me is that it'll most likely make the GoW Origins Collection go down in price so I can finally purchase it and have those 5 games. (I already got GoW III and GoW HD Collection)

It seems they're all just repackages. GOW3 and GOW1+2 are on separate discs, along with vouchers for GOS+COO. Infamous 1 and 2 are on separate discs with a voucher for FOB. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

This changes what? You still get the games. What did you expect?

androvsky

Ratchet could've been an amazing deal. Why not include the PS3 games?
The ps2 collection is a new set, do there's no reason to bundle it right from the start. There did seem to be some hints in the comments that they're going to do a collection for the ps3 r&c titles later.

hatchx

Banned
I don't understand why Sony does this, and so fast. It hurts the longevity of these games. If Nintendo packaged Ocarine of Time and Majoras Mask together in a single N64 cartridge, they wouldn't have been able to resell each of them as many times as they have.

I don't understand the third collection. It says that it will include 3 games and some of them are PS2. However, there are 4 Ratchet games on PS3 already.

Loudninja

Its all the GOW games for a very cheap price,that a big difference.

I am not seeing the big deal here?

Concept17

I hope people buy the infamous collection, I think the series is unappreciated. I didn't expect anything from infamous 1 since, I hated Sly Cooper 2, but it turned out to be my favourite game on PS3.

I will personally buy the Ratchet collection

Yup, InFamous is one of the best IPs of this generation.

xptoxyz

I don't understand the third collection. It says that it will include 3 games and some of them are PS2. However, there are 4 Ratchet games on PS3 already.

It's the HD Collection for PS2, announced for a while and already out in other regions under "Ratchet and Clank Trilogy", it's not a re-release as the other collections.

DeVeAn

I have been wanting to go mostly digital but, this collections are an awesome idea. My only gripe is the move logo on infamous. Very interesting. Guess Blu ray is finally being used lol.
Edit damn so multiple Discs and vouchers no big but, was thinking they were on on disc. Hmmm.

Mxrz

The GoW seems an incredible value if its $29-$39. Most likely snag it. I wouldn't mind seeing a PS3-R/C collection either.

collection without shitty cover, not bad sony.

that god of war collection is a steal, glad i haven't bought any of the GOW HD remaster title.

still
waiting/hope for sony JRPG remaster from PS2/PSP title like Wild Arms, Dark Cloud, oreshika,etc

Loudninja

This is how the collections will look like now going forward

+ Cristian Cardona on August 6th, 2012 at 1:51 pm said:
It’ll be the new style we’ll be using for our Collections moving forward. Glad you like them!

SykoTech

Anyone who hasn't played the PS2 Ratchet & Clanks should buy the Collection without hesitation. Excellent games.

And all 5 GoW games for $40 is insanely awesome of Sony to do. If only the Kingdom Hearts franchise could get the same treatment...

CamHostage

GOW is an insane deal. Would have liked the discs, but the overall package is almost too much game.

I'm worried that this doesn't bode well for the future of HD classics though. (Of course, I didn't buy any of them and am still clinging to my BC-enabled launch PS3 like a liferaft, but still, for gamers who missed them, I like that great games were being given a boostjob.) Sony is dropping the branding, that doesn't mean they're abandoning the market too but it could be a sign. I understand that the Jak collection tanked and a few others performed under expectations (MGS didn't do huge numbers, did it?,) couple that with the backlash against Silent Hill collection and Splinter Cell collection, publishers probably aren't seeing HD remasterings as being a cash cow as once thoughts.

Top Bottom