• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"PlayStation Collections" Announced For SCEA (God Of War, Infamous, Ratchet HD)

I cannot wait for the next/cheaper PS3 to come out!

Sly,
Ratchet,
Jak+Daxter,
Team Ico,
I'm sure an Uncharted collection will be out eventually,

SO MANY GAMES!

HardRojo

I cannot wait for the next/cheaper PS3 to come out!

Sly,
Ratchet,
Jak+Daxter,
Team Ico,
I'm sure an Uncharted collection will be out eventually,

SO MANY GAMES!

I'm sure this new branding is the start of the PS3's departure so we will most likely see more of these between this and next year. (So that people can catch up with the PS3's exclusive library by the time the PS4 arrives)

100MS

Neo Member
Will be a long time before anything like these make their way to Europe but the whole voucher thing for some of the additions puts me off completely. No sale. Facking vouchers man...
Europe had their collections too :

resistance-the-trilogy.jpg
uncharted-trilogy-edition-400x400-imada4pjj4hyhnfz.jpeg
671b5145ffb246c7aa6990b480b4af80.jpg

Given this flurry of 'HD remasters', it would be pretty sad if the PS4 was in fact not backward compatible.

Buy the game on ps2. Buy the game again on ps3 for HD + no backward compatibility.

Buy the game again on ps4 for ??? + no backward compatibility?

Setsuna

Damn, I just bought InFamous 2 used for 49.99 . Dammit Gamestop for not having it new, now its going to be even cheaper with dlc and the original infamous included.

Oh well, there is still the god of war collection and soon to be uncharted collection

Arc

Given this flurry of 'HD remasters', it would be pretty sad if the PS4 was in fact not backward compatible.

Buy the game on ps2. Buy the game again on ps3 for HD + no backward compatibility.

Buy the game again on ps4 for ??? + no backward compatibility?

Not to derail the thread, but Sony is ditching Cell for PS4, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Hmm....I already have these GoW games but can sell them off for $47 and rebuy at newegg for $30. I'll probably just do that.

Not to derail the thread, but Sony is ditching Cell for PS4, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Yes, that's exactly what I am afraid of (is the cell ditching confirmed or essentially a solid rumor at this point?).

I don't mean to derail the thread, but a large reason of why I am buying those collections - even though I have the games on PS2 - is to have entire series playable on the console (very early games in emulated ps1, hd collection ps2 games, modern entries on ps3). If sony does end up not having BC, it will mean that the ps4 won't be able to play the entire XXX series. Bothers the OCD person in me.

Boss Man

Damn, I just bought InFamous 2 used for 49.99 . Dammit Gamestop for not having it new, now its going to be even cheaper with dlc and the original infamous included.

Oh well, there is still the god of war collection and soon to be uncharted collection
Man, you really shouldn't buy used games from Gamestop. You could have probably found it for $20 cheaper online.

fake edit; Hell, it's less than $30 on Amazon brand new.

The PS3 actually has had the healthiest lineup of retail exclusives this year, especially compared to the Wii & 360's offerings. It's looking good well into 2013, too, when you consider Beyond: Two Souls and Last of Us.

These collections are just smart ways of getting new adopters on-board and to dissuade used sales.
Very smart. I was seriously gearing up to grab inFamous 1, inFamous 2, God of War III, and the God of War PS2 Collection on eBay once I found some really low prices. I've already played all of them, but I'm itching to get back at them and also just have them on the shelf.

Now I'll be buying these instead. The price is great, the box is great, good move Sony- especially with the rumored cheaper PS3 SKU coming soon. They usually don't do smart things like this, I don't really know what to think.

jrDev

5 GOW games for $30? :-O Sold.

I am interested in getting into the GOW saga now...

Everything else...meh...

Boss Man

That's incredible. Can't believe that price.

Why no Resistance?
Is it 'a thing' that these all need trophy support? JS mentioned something about not being able to patch trophies into Resistance: Fall of Man...which would actually be the main reason to buy that collection. I can imagine they wouldn't want to release a 'trophy version' of the game while not being able to patch them into existing copies. That also might have something to do with why the Ratchet collection doesn't have the awesome PS3 games. I don't think ToD can be patched either.

That's just random ass speculation of course.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Oh son, Best Buy just had it for 9.99 new, where i picked it up. Both store and online had it. 50 is fucking pricey for a used game.

G0523

You can always return it. Receipt + Reasons = Return

Endo Punk

Suckerpunch must be prepping something special, that's usually the case when a collection by a developer comes out. I don't mind if it's i3 or a new IP.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Man I don't even like God of War and I'm thinking about buying that. It would be nice if Sony finally lowered the price of Infamous 2 to fit in with this but I'm not going to hold my breath.

HardRojo

Go return that game and buy it somwhere else but man how did you miss BestBuy's sale? They had Infamous 2 new for 10 bucks and you could either go to the store or purchase it online, great deal.

Why did it cost $50? It's listed as $27.99 used on GameStop's website.

onQ123

Doesn't a God of War HD Collection already exist? Nintendo and Sony need to stop rehashing old games.

Let me see 2 HD PS2 games vs 2 HD PS2 games + 1 PS3 game & 2 HD PSP games

1 of these choices is better & just so happen to be perfect for someone who is buying the PS3 for the 1st time this year.

Top Bottom