• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2015 Thread: The Year of Dreams

Harmen

I am hoping, has there been any E3 announcements for games that come out the same year however? I dont know if i see any bi game announcements in march-aprilish

I do not know. I think it happened before? But Sony has shown not to be too conservative regarding marketing and release schedules. And they seem to focus on spreading out more between events. Also, historically they did announce games before any major show quite a few times I think.

I don't expect much more AAA titles than the aforementioned though.

Personally I think UC4, R&C, TLG, Horizon, Dreams, and Detroid:BH is not bad (those are the AAA games to me), assuming those are all 2016 material. Especially since there is a massive amount of AAA third party titles coming, part of which are console exclusives. I do, however, really wonder what the plans for God of War are, we all know it is coming and has been in development for quite some time now. And that is an excellent major holiday title.

Also, next year will also have a major spot for VR. Not for everyone, but Sony is sure as hell going to give that a push towards the spotlights as well.

Jacob4815

No GOW4 is a massive disappointment.

Is the development really so slow? If the game will be released in 2017-2018, that could be PS5-time ... it's fucking insane, what the hell SSM?

Doesn't God of War usually launch in March?

March 2017 seems likely then. Bend will probably be 2017 as well, along with the new Sucker Punch game and -perhaps - Bloodborne 2.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I do not know. I think it happened before? But Sony has shown not to be too conservative regarding marketing and release schedules. And they seem to focus on spreading out more between events. Also, historically they did announce games before any major show quite a few times I think.

I don't expect much more AAA titles than the aforementioned though.

Personally I think UC4, R&C, TLG, Horizon, Dreams, and Detroid:BH is not bad (those are the AAA games to me), assuming those are all 2016 material. Especially since there is a massive amount of AAA third party titles coming, part of which are console exclusives. I do, however, really wonder what the plans for God of War are, we all know it is coming and has been in development for quite some time now. And that is an excellent major holiday title.

Also, next year will also have a major spot for VR. Not for everyone, but Sony is sure as hell going to give that a push towards the spotlights as well.

have a feeling gow4 is next e3. didnt cory tweet out at a fan before last e3 to expect nothing until next e3? i am sure he did

Apathy

already the salt had begun on my FB page

b916bda2e21d1293429e86f81b477d3d.png

The fuck is this? You have friends that think Microsoft owns square enix?

chefbags

Watching PS I Love You XOXO panel right now. They announced Greg Miller is voicing Aldrich Killian on Lego Marvel Avengers.

Pretty fucking cool.

The downside to having 4-5 keynotes a year is that people expect the world of each and quickly forget the last. I thought pacing issues aside and some cringy stuff this showed a lot of things that I am interested in. PSX is for the hardcore that obsess over the quirky, unique, and nostalgia stuff. Also there is literally little to no need to drop major AAA first party announcements, because there is no way that game comes out between now and E3. It would overshadow what was announced and not have the impact it would if announced at E3.

The key for Sony now will be delivering on the games they have promised for next year, and possibly another game to be announced and released next year as well. If they do that, then look out.

I-hate-u

Just caught up. Can't believe a no show from one of SP, SSM and Bend. Bend didn't show anything to public since U:GA, which came out almost half a decade ago. What are they doing there at Oregon?

chadskin

I assume we'll get another press conference in February or March. With the launch of PS VR coming up and Sony saying they treat PS VR as the launch of a new hardware platform, it'd definitely make sense to have a dedicated event for it.

Show off the final hardware, announce release date and price and give a rundown on which games will be available at launch.

E3 is probably too late given the first half 2016 release window and they'd probably get some proper flack if they were to dedicate too much time to PS VR at E3. Similarly, just announcing price, date and launch games on the PS Blog feels way too low-key.

Just finished watching the keynote. It was okay... some really cool announcements like Ni-No Kuni and Yakuza but there were also a boat load indie games and western titles that felt like they were just filler so it was hard to get excited. Dumbfounded that they would end on a cg trailer for a moba, boggles the mind they though that was acceptable but whatever.

FF7 looks incredible.

Sydle

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a March 2017 game and Sony lets Horizon (if it's ready) have the Fall to itself in terms of 1st party AAA.

Is GoW typically, or always a spring release?

Next fall will be three+ years since GoW Ascension. I wouldn't count it out for next year.

ehhhh, could be better. Hopefully get some more announcements soon. Adam boyes said this year was sparse, yikes for next year. Lets not have a repeat of the last 2 holidays where nothing came out as well

Considering what kind of tsunami of games is incoming in 2016 from 3rd parties if nothing gets delayed I think Sony has a very good selection next year. Uncharted 4, Ratchet, TLG, Horizon, Dreams, GR2...

Spizz

Banned
Just saw that small gameplay snippet of Paragon, that looked pretty fun and I don't care for MOBA's one bit. I'm interested in the beta now.

I now understand ending the show with it, but the execution was pretty poor. Needed some gameplay, maybe it could've swayed some more people like myself.

Machina

Banned
After sleeping on it, I have to say I found the show pretty disappointing. It peaked at the beginning with FFVII then it was just downhill.

Lingitiz

Just got back from the show. Press conference was disappointing overall, but still a good time. Show floor had a few games worth seeing, lines for VR stuff were really long and interesting demos were appointment based.

A standout demo for me was Cosmic Star Heroine. I absolutely loved it. Great art style, soundtrack, combat system, etc. Can't wait for this one. One of the devs said they're nearing the finish line and it should be out next year.

Top Bottom