• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bought geometry wars, i was expecting to enjoy it like stardust delta, but i really don't feel it.

The darkness drove them away. Comics are definitely worth the read.
Yeah i'm really curious about the comics, but i have never seen them where i live.

has science gone too far?
ryGWP9w.jpg

a console version of a handheld attached to a device that makes it a handheld attached to a fighting stick
I will never stop saying it, imo Dekavita is what vita should have been since the beginning, but sony was too stupid to continue what they started with the psp.

Tons of good deals on EU PSN

Notable titles

PSP/Vita

Lunar Silver Star Harmony PSP - 3,90€
Disgaea 3 - 11,99€
Disgaea 4 - 13,99€
Wipeout 2048 - 6€
Dragon's Crown - 7,50€
Phantom Breaker Battle Ground - 5,80€
Atelier Rorona Plus - 20€
Atelier Ayesha Plus - 23,99€ (19,99€ with Plus)
Criminal Girls 11,99€
Hyperdevotion Noire - 17,99€
Operation Abyss - 14,99€
Curses N' Chaos - 5€
Soul Sacrifice Delta - 12€

PS4
N++ - 11,99€ with Plus
Axiom Verge - 12,59€
I'll get phantom breaker and arcana hearts, luckily i didn't buy AH these past days, i was so tempted lol.

EDIT:
TOTP, i recently bought soldner x2, Tokyo twilight, wolf among us and i'll buy phatnom breaker and arcan hearts, you do the same! XD

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I bought geometry wars, i was expecting to enjoy it like stardust delta, but i really don't feel it.

Yeah i'm really curious about the comics, but i have never seen them where i live.

I will never stop saying it, imo Dekavita is what vita should have been since the beginning, but sony was too stupid to continue what they started with the psp.

I'll get phantom breaker and arcana hearts, luckily i didn't buy AH these past days, i was so tempted lol.

EDIT:
TOTP, i recently bought soldner x2, Tokyo twilight, wolf among us and i'll buy phatnom breaker and arcan hearts, you do the same! XD

The Dekavita, is not worth it. Considering Im most likely the only person on GAF who owns one.

Shit has power issues, overheats, cant hold a charge worth shit, drains more energy than charges when playing while plugged in, buttons are not that great, screen isnt either, way too large, cell signals and whatnots cause static feedback from the speakers or headphones, list of issues goes on.

Its a novelty but thats about it.

Not to mention if it was that size no one would fucking want one, as its hardly a "portable" system. Imagine dragging around a WiiU pad. As thats pretty much what it is.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Dekavita, is not worth it. Considering Im most likely the only person on GAF who owns one.

Shit has power issues, overheats, cant hold a charge worth shit, drains more energy than charges when playing while plugged in, buttons are not that great, screen isnt either, way too large, cell signals and whatnots cause static feedback from the speakers or headphones, list of issues goes on.

Its a novelty but thats about it.

Not to mention if it was that size no one would fucking want one, as its hardly a "portable" system. Imagine dragging around a WiiU pad. As thats pretty much what it is.

Ok but those are all manufacturer's faults, think if sony R&D it, and not just as later accessory for PSTV but as what sony would have released instead of the regular Vita, i bet it wouldn't have had all those issues.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Ok but those are all manufacturer's faults, think if sony R&D it, and not just as later accessory for PSTV but as what sony would have released instead of the regular Vita, i bet it wouldn't have had all those issues.

The only thing the Vita needs is an extra pair of triggers. Otherwise, it is pretty much the perfect handheld.

IMO, they should have just released the vita with two back buttons instead of a back touchpad. And there should be an official grip accessory to transform the form factor to a DS4 with proper triggers for people who don't care about portability.

Bowl0l

A Vita successor will be great but good old Sony is spending money on peripherals.

A new and improved Vita with software development kits for Japanese dev. to easier port PS4 games to Vita and vice versa would have been better.

Day One purchase for me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only thing the Vita needs is an extra pair of triggers. Otherwise, it is pretty much the perfect handheld.

IMO, they should have just released the vita with two back buttons instead of a back touchpad. And there should be an official grip accessory to transform the form factor to a DS4 with proper triggers for people who don't care about portability.

What i'm saying is totally different, the psp had a tv out, in a certain sense it was already a first step toward a home-handheld hybrid, now think that:

1)the handheld market is dying
2)sony made the pstv trying to catch the "tv" devices' market
3)nintendo is doing a hybrid handheld or whatever with the nx

It would have been really wise and forward thinking to make vita a home-handheld hybrid like pstv+dekavita, it would have been unique and innovative without annoying gimmicks, without all the problems of vita(rear touchpad), pstv(games), dekavita(all its problems lol) but just all their good points, it would have been appealing to handheld fans, home fans and even to those who just wanted remote play and probably it would have had a market of its own.

Jesb

Went on a little spree last night.

Drive club season pass
Bloodborn complete edition
Metro last light
Child of light

Kudo

Has EU ever had those "Buy 100 get 15 off" campaings? I feel like EU gets the short stick on deals and such.
Some great games on sale now though, sadly I've played most of them already.

Zhao_Yun

Has EU ever had those "Buy 100 get 15 off" campaings? I feel like EU gets the short stick on deals and such.
Some great games on sale now though, sadly I've played most of them already.

At least in Germany we had "Charge 50€ via Paypal, and only pay 40€" campaigns quite often.

What i'm saying is totally different, the psp had a tv out, in a certain sense it was already a first step toward a home-handheld hybrid, now think that:

The PSP tv out was something horrible looking in both composite and component. Not that I wouldn't love a Vita with a TV out that looks as great as the Vita TV but let's not kid ourselves that PSP TV out sold anybody on the PSP.

Media Create sales

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [PSV] God Eater Resurrection (Bandai Namco, 10/29/15) – 125,876 (New)
2. [PS4] God Eater Resurrection (Bandai Namco, 10/29/15) – 25,700 (New)
3, [PSV] Yomawari (NIS, 10/29/15) – 22,472 (New)

Good numbers for all three I'd say

Media Create sales

And you're forgetting a second SKU for God Eater:

[PS4] God Eater Resurrection Cross-Play Pack & Anime Vol. 1 (Bandai Namco, 10/29/15) – 16,281 (New)

Kudo

At least in Germany we had "Charge 50€ via Paypal, and only pay 40€" campaigns quite often.

Damn, that is awesome, could just top up the account for 40e. Guess they're all country-specific then cause I haven't seen any for mine.

18-Volt

Media Create sales

Despite this, Namco will still refuse to localize the goddamn game. Don't we have a petition for this? They seem to be unaware that many people want to see God Eater franchise in west.

RK128

Media Create sales

Interesting how the Vita version has much better sales then the PS4 version; I wonder if the games ever get localized, if the Vita version will still outsell the PS4 version.

Bamco has strong hits on the Vita (God Eater in Japan and SAO: Hollow Fragment in US/EU; always see the latter on the Vita 'Top 10 Best Sellers' tab on the PSN Store), so I hope Digimon and God Eater (if it ever gets localized) join SAO as great hits :).

Despite this, Namco will still refuse to localize the goddamn game. Don't we have a petition for this? They seem to be unaware that many people want to see God Eater franchise in west.

At this point its hard to care if they ever get localized or not; its been too long since both 2: Rage Burst came out and the fact GE Resurrection didn't get a western release when it was announced said it all; Bamco has no interest in the series being 'big' in the west.

Thats fine, as they supported the Vita in other means (SAO series, Tales of Hearts R, One Piece World Red, Jump Stars, a few Dragon Ball games, and next year with another SAO Title & Digimon Cyber Sleuth), so its okay that they aren't bringing God Eater to the west.

Hope to see it one day, but not expecting it. Maybe it might be a PSX or E3 announcement?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Normally I'd say if a PSV/PS4 game is localized to both consoles that the PS4 version would do much better but in God Eater's case given the track record of other localized MH clones it might be close because they don't do particularly well on either platform out west.

RK128

Normally I'd say if a PSV/PS4 game is localized to both consoles that the PS4 version would do much better but in God Eater's case given the track record of other localized MH clones it might be close because they don't do particularly well on either platform out west.

I guess many just prefer to play Monster Hunter-style games on the go; can see the appeal of that if you get into the game honestly :).

But yah, I don't see the God Eater games being massive hits on PS4; they will do well, but not sell like hot cakes. On Vita though, it will be the next SAO Hollow Fragment, selling very well and it being on best sellers lists for a number of months.

But who knows honestly; I can see it coming over but not expecting it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Namco, who've pretty much localized everything for the Vita that they thought would do even remotely well, hasn't even bothered with this one. Let that sink in.

RK128

Namco, who've pretty much localized everything for the Vita that they thought would do even remotely well, hasn't even bothered with this one. Let that sink in.

They think God Eater would bomb hard? Well, it isn't based on an anime IP like their other projects (Sword Art Online, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon) and not a big IP they made (Tales of), so.....you make a good point.

It would be a risk and a new IP for the west; who knows how it will do. Still, it would be nice to see at least 2: Rage Burst Localized at some point. But I understand if it never comes over.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this series to come over. You see it everywhere on the internet, people want God Eater. Why they haven't done anything with the trademark they put on the games titles, I have no clue.

RK128

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this series to come over. You see it everywhere on the internet, people want God Eater. Why they haven't done anything with the trademark they put on the games titles, I have no clue.

I am willing to bet it has to be from them wanting to tie the games western release with something. A new season of the anime? A big tie-in with another Bamco project? Announcing it at a big event like PSX or E3?

Otherwise....I am willing to side with Man God on this one; they didn't bring it over due to them thinking the series would bomb on Vita/PS4 despite it doing well in Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was really excited for awhile after playing Project Cross Zone for maybe getting God Eater as the character design is funky, the enemies look cool, and their interaction between each other and the other crossover characters is great.

Now its just a case of waiting for something that's probably just not going to happen.

Prelude.

I was really excited for awhile after playing Project Cross Zone for maybe getting God Eater as the character design is funky, the enemies look cool, and their interaction between each other and the other crossover characters is great.

Now its just a case of waiting for something that's probably just not going to happen.
You can play GE in english since 2011, it's not like it's a different game.

18-Volt

It's hard to predict what would happen actually. Only failed MH clone in the west was Toukiden and that's because Koei-Tecmo loves to have stealth launches. On the other hand, God Eater is much bigger franchise in Japan with all the merchandise & anime, i can't see it sharing the same fate with Toukiden. Plus, it was among most wished games on the #buildingthelist campaign, that should give a hint.

Prelude.

It's hard to predict what would happen actually. Only failed MH clone in the west was Toukiden and that's because Koei-Tecmo loves to have stealth launches. On the other hand, God Eater is much bigger franchise in Japan with all the merchandise & anime, i can't see it sharing the same fate with Toukiden. Plus, it was among most wished games on the #buildingthelist campaign, that should give a hint.
Toukiden bombed only on PS4 in the west, though.

cyborg009

Banned
Media Create sales

Yomawari Did pretty well. I didn't expect much.

Toukiden bombed only on PS4 in the west, though.

Do you know Vita and Ps4 numbers?

Takao

Banned
Don't think we have totals, but I believe there's indication that the vita version sold acceptably (weekly charts, pr, etc.)

Takao would be able to say more, I imagine.

According to KT Europe, neither version of Kiwami sold well in the west. The difference here is that one version was produced pretty much specifically for NA/EU.

Media Create sales

I wouldn't say that for Resurrection on PS4. Those numbers are low enough to where Bandai Namco could've not produced that version and total sales would've been similar.

Has anyone managed to progress the story in dragon fin soup, I have cleared a couple of missions but nothin seems to effect the story.
except from the scene with the hooded woman (I'm supposed to find ingredients for a potion but i don't know where

The same goes for skills, are you supposed to find them in the wild or does leveling make you unlock them?

RK128

Has anyone managed to progress the story in dragon fin soup, I have cleared a couple of missions but nothin seems to effect the story.
except from the scene with the hooded woman (I'm supposed to find ingredients for a potion but i don't know where

The same goes for skills, are you supposed to find them in the wild or does leveling make you unlock them?

Haven't played it outside of booting it up twice (first time was where my impressions came from after an hour, the second time was to eat a shovel to see if that kills you....it does XD!).

But, I'm assuming you get skills from leveling up over time or buying them from shops.

The story progressing....I'm not sure honestly; after completing the opening and defending the tavern, the guy sends you into some woodlands to kill a few waves of foes. Nothing more, nothing less then that.

So, that Monopoly card game is only 2.50 this week...anyone have any impressions?

Yes it is a fun easy to pick up game but is multiplayer only with no AI. I have played in 6 months so I don't know if anybody still plays. The PSN friends I had from the game aren't playing anymore.

Prelude.

I just bought a VitaPSTV for €20, that's a super impulse purchase price now that I also have a 16gb card sitting unused.
If anyone's interested, it's still available on Gamestop Italy.

Haven't played it outside of booting it up twice (first time was where my impressions came from after an hour, the second time was to eat a shovel to see if that kills you....it does XD!).

But, I'm assuming you get skills from leveling up over time or buying them from shops.

The story progressing....I'm not sure honestly; after completing the opening and defending the tavern, the guy sends you into some woodlands to kill a few waves of foes. Nothing more, nothing less then that.

I have played for a couple of hours and this far (I'm lvl.19) I only have one skill and that one I found in a "dungeon".

Edit: With the game using randomly generated levels this might not happen in all games, but I had something that looked like a glove that I couldn't equip even though I was a couple of levels past the required level. It turned out to be a pet in the form of a bodyless hand. So don't forget to check if you can equip things as a pet if you dont find it working as equipment ;)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The PSP tv out was something horrible looking in both composite and component. Not that I wouldn't love a Vita with a TV out that looks as great as the Vita TV but let's not kid ourselves that PSP TV out sold anybody on the PSP.

The TV out of the psp was just a plus, a vita designed to be hybrid would have been totally different and with a totally different appealing, and as i said in the part you didn't quote there were many reasons to prefer a hybrid to a pure handheld.

Prelude.

Having a TV out is also necessary if you want garme jurnalistz to give a shit about the games coming out for your console and put out content.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For some reason, I tried accessing the PS4 store now but I keep getting kicked out during the "please wait" loading screen. Help?

I wouldn't say that for Resurrection on PS4. Those numbers are low enough to where Bandai Namco could've not produced that version and total sales would've been similar.

They seem in line with GE2 Rage Burst opening week sales, relative to the PSV. Better actually.

[PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco, 02/19/15) – 234,180
[PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco, 02/19/15) – 37,824

I hope Bamco had reasonable expectations and the PS4 version will do decent in Asia as well.
Also Europe and NA

autoduelist

Geo Wars isn't as pick up and play as SSD imo. It's still quite the solid game, but requires longer to warm up to.

I don't think he was saying it was done particularly well on PSP, just that they should have kept at it with vita with hdmi.

I know I had all the psp cables and never used them; pstv is a dream come true for me.

And I'm one of the few that would buy a vitaxl. I like large screens. Heck, i'm playing ultratron right now and really wish the screen was double sized.

joe2187

Banned
I've been playing my Vita too much.

Been ignoring halo and destiny for playing SOMA on remote play, finishing Corpse Party book of shadows and playing P4DAN before work and now becoming addicted to SuperBeat XONIC.

I have a problem.

Top Bottom