• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Shizuka

And it's weird, because SAO has an english physical copy thanks to Asia and Minecraft has an english physical copy thanks to Europe. I wonder which one is selling more overall.

And it's weird, because SAO has an english physical copy thanks to Asia and Minecraft has an english physical copy thanks to Europe. I wonder which one is selling more overall.
I would place my bets on the physical Asian copy outselling the DD US version by a huge margin. The fact that it still holds up in first place can only mean that a lot of people are buying that version
or that not a lot of people are buying other games in general /:

antibolo

Banned
No discussion of SAO is complete without penetration screenshots.

BvSSLSEIgAAWb7u.jpg

BvSQznGIUAE6iVo.jpg

Oops almost forgot the best one
BvhPJ5yIUAA-u5e.jpg

Khronico

SAO HF's translation is so bad that it revolves all the way back around to amazing.

Like, I was interested in the game before seeing any of the translation, but seeing video evidence of how bad it actually was turned it into a must buy.

Shizuka

I don't know why some people compare SAO's translation to Hearts' translation, too. Hearts R translation is great, it just deviates a lot from the original script.

antibolo

Banned
I swear I once saw an NPC at the inn say "Man, I did so much penetration today!". I took a screenshot too late to capture it, and I regret it deeply because I never saw that line again.

sdxo6I3.jpg

Scram Kitty DX - Vita

Scram Kitty DX is beautiful, very unique, and runs well on Vita so it pains me to say I do not like this game. There is no tutorial so I'll save you some time: You navigate by attaching to the sides but to do the power jump you need to jump once and then again right before you hit the ground again and swing out on the stick. I never quite mastered the mechanics so it just led to real frustration. The game gets hard real fast and without the mechanic ever clicking for me I am just not having any fun.

6/10

No commentary Vita Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t0-k8r3yQs

Have any of you guys ordered games from Buygame2 before?

I'm after the retail version of Oreshika. I was planning on getting it from Play-Asia for the most part I do like them, but they've decided for whatever reason that they're not going to stock Oreshika so I contacted them about it and got one of the most cack-handed responses I've seen yet:

"Hi my name is Jujelyn, Customer Support of Play-Asia.com. Thank you for contacting us and we thank you for being one of our loyal customer.

Regarding your concern, I have carefully checked our records and was able to confirmed that the item is no longer available. We will post any updates once we receive an information from our suppliers. We would suggest you to please check our website regularly for any possible updates. "

Thanks for telling me absolutely nothing -_-

But anyway, yeah, Buygame2 have it listed so I'm just checking to see if anyone knows what they're like as a retailer?

SAO still fighting the good fight! February top sellers list at the link below.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/12/playstation-store-february-2015s-top-sellers/

None of this is too surprising. All the games that were on sale.

SAO is a juggernaut though. I know it was on sale too, but it has got to be a huge success for Namco, especially considering the work they put into the game. Really hoping that makes them consider Cyber Sleuth, Rage Burst and ToIR (at least there's some hope for Rage Burst now).

SerTapTap

Hmm is there any risk in playing game before release date? Street date on type-0 seems to be broken in EU.

Online features and trophies could possibly not work (you earn trophies, but can't view the trophy list), might be missing a day 1 patch. Otherwise no, pre-release games are still games.

Shizuka

that's about where i'm at.. i broke down and got orishika because i know i'll love it, but i need to draw the line. i'd rather get brandish than la-mulana if i was going to drop another jackson.

I was thinking the same thing about Brandish and EX, until I got the latter and fell in love for it.

wilflare

Have any of you guys ordered games from Buygame2 before?

I'm after the retail version of Oreshika. I was planning on getting it from Play-Asia for the most part I do like them, but they've decided for whatever reason that they're not going to stock Oreshika so I contacted them about it and got one of the most cack-handed responses I've seen yet:

"Hi my name is Jujelyn, Customer Support of Play-Asia.com. Thank you for contacting us and we thank you for being one of our loyal customer.

Regarding your concern, I have carefully checked our records and was able to confirmed that the item is no longer available. We will post any updates once we receive an information from our suppliers. We would suggest you to please check our website regularly for any possible updates. "

Thanks for telling me absolutely nothing -_-

But anyway, yeah, Buygame2 have it listed so I'm just checking to see if anyone knows what they're like as a retailer?

if you are really keen, I can help you get a copy locally and ship it to you

autoduelist

For real.

It's definitely in Autoduelists' wheel house, though.

I know and it hurts me that I don't own it.

I'm trudging through conception 2 at this point. probably 95% done. currently on event collection duty again, which is the part that does my head in. ocd fully in place, i've done so much stupid time wasting crap in this game that if i gave up now it would feel awful. so instead, i'll waste more time. oh, the humanity.

So many cool ideas in this game, destroyed by bad overall design and a desire to try to flesh out characters i doubt many would ever care about. (there are something like 50 events per girl, 7 girls. so 350 events you need to see. some are rare. some can't be seen in the same playthrough. some need certain criteria to be met).

you need brandish in your life

Brandish is the shizzz! I jumped on it due to the hype here on GAF and it did not disappoint! I found myself glued to the vita for hours plodding along trying to 100% every floor and even completed the extra mode! $20 is easily worth the admission price and you'll get a ton out of it.

incpdo

Happy birthday tizoc! its always interesting to read your comments. My birthday its also this month( not yet tho)
Im enjoying the hell out of hotline Miami and I'm tempted to buy LA mulana but I'm concerned about the length of the game and the price is a little too high for me. Is it short?

I'm really sad PSM is going to be down soon. There are really good little games there and even when 70% is crap there are some games that I enjoy very much like cytus lambda ,out of mind, Tokyo jungle, super crate box ,ambition of the slimes etc.

Hikami

Close to finishing Tales of Hearts R. Saved Persona 4 Golden for last, going to take my time with that one.
Hopefully lasts me til the Toukiden Kiwami demo.

Gah.
Valhalla Knights 3 is bullshit at times.

Just fought a boss that does party-wide nuke spells. Also for a tiny dude he was a built like a tank, so he'd shrug off attacks just to get his spells out.

His spells do about 400 damage per person. Most everyone in the party has less than 1000 hp.

Party AI is stupid too. I have a mage with a priest sub-class. If I assign her any offensive spells, she will never heal. 6 characters that are near-death including herself, and she can't be bothered to fire off a healing spell that will recover everyone to max (my magic rating is crazy high).

Really uneven game. I don't blame any reviewers that panned it.

wilflare

Gah.
Valhalla Knights 3 is bullshit at times.

Just fought a boss that does party-wide nuke spells. Also for a tiny dude he was a built like a tank, so he'd shrug off attacks just to get his spells out.

His spells do about 400 damage per person. Most everyone in the party has less than 1000 hp.

Party AI is stupid too. I have a mage with a priest sub-class. If I assign her any offensive spells, she will never heal. 6 characters that are near-death including herself, and she can't be bothered to fire off a healing spell that will recover everyone to max (my magic rating is crazy high).

Really uneven game. I don't blame any reviewers that panned it.

now you make me regret buying it

So is the general consensus among the gaming community that Falcom creates the greatest OSTs of all time? Because holy shit, every single track they make is awesome. The sooner Sen no Kiseki gets localized the better.

now you make me regret buying it

The thing is, the battle-system wouldn't be so screwed up if it wasn't for the "boost" system.

Basically it's like X-factor in Marvel3. If you're on the ropes and/or fulfill certain conditions you get crazy powerful for a short time. More often than not, the enemy party will trigger it first and wipe you out. If there's anyone left alive, you can probably trigger your boost, but you can't expect to do much with it.

Also the part about AI being too stupid to heal. Well I just got a life-saving full-party heal during a random battle.
So egg on my face.

Maid

Banned
So is the general consensus among the gaming community that Falcom creates the greatest OSTs of all time? Because holy shit, every single track they make is awesome. The sooner Sen no Kiseki gets localized the better.

For me that would be Ar tonelico series. I know it wouldn't be fair to compare when one game's theme is all about music and songs, but I can't say there is any OST that could top the Ar tonelico games.

For me that would be Ar tonelico series. I know it wouldn't be fair to compare when one game's theme is all about music and songs, but I can't say there is any OST that could top the Ar tonelico games.

Just took a quick listen to a few tracks and while they sound great I'm biased towards soundtracks that use electric guitars so Falcom still has the edge haha.

Producer

Yes, Falcom's OSTs are consistantly amazing.

So are Gust's.

Shun

Just found a dead pixel on my Vita-2000... Should I contact the seller to try and get another one?

Is it RBG or a black one? How old is the system? RBG is fixable, Black isn't.

Either way do it. I feel like Vita system are prone to dead pixels and having a dead pixel on such a small screen would be annoying. If it were my monitor I'd just shrug it since it's not as noticeable, but on a Vita it's always in sight.

I hope my White/Pink vita doesn't suffer from it (´;Д;`)

wilflare

decided to cut down on my 3DS preorders

I had
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - Nintendo 3DS
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - Nintendo 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker - Nintendo 3DS

Story of Seasons - Nintendo 3DS
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - Nintendo 3DS

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. - Nintendo 3DS

more funds to spend on Vita <3

Maid

Banned
You're going to need a time stopping machine to be able to finish all those games, wil.

On the talk about game's OST, I listened to several Shining Resonance songs and much to my surprise, it's really good. Didn't expect it to be this great, frankly, since I can't remember much of their OST from the previous games.

Top Bottom