• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Yukianesa

Neo Member
http://aquaplus.jp/next/

News? New game from Aquaplus for the PSVita. More info on March 20th.

There is no real information about the game on the page right now, but there is a minigame where you can guess which voiced segment belongs to which voice actress.

Those voice actresses are going to be in the new game.

mao2

There is no real information about the game on the page right now, but there is a minigame where you can guess which voiced segment belongs to which voice actress.

I'm guessing Dungeon Travelers 2-2. Or maybe it could be Utawarerumono 2 or Jasmine which they announced many years ago.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/129/G012937/20110228027/

Shizuka

Is it RBG or a black one? How old is the system? RBG is fixable, Black isn't.

Either way do it. I feel like Vita system are prone to dead pixels and having a dead pixel on such a small screen would be annoying. If it were my monitor I'd just shrug it since it's not as noticeable, but on a Vita it's always in sight.

I hope my White/Pink vita doesn't suffer from it (´;Д;`)

It's a brand new Vita-2000 I just got. There are two, actually: one white, one blue. I'll try to contact the seller today and arrange a replacement, but I'll try to fix it when I get home before that. I tried the pressure fix, but it's not doable on the Vita-2000, while the Vita doesn't have YouTube anymore so that I could try that video blinking different colors.

Massa

It's a brand new Vita-2000 I just got. There are two, actually: one white, one blue. I'll try to contact the seller today and arrange a replacement, but I'll try to fix it when I get home before that. I tried the pressure fix, but it's not doable on the Vita-2000, while the Vita doesn't have YouTube anymore so that I could try that video blinking different colors.

Youtube works great on the web browser.

Shinriji

Aquapazza port? It matches with the number female characters...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Anyone have any idea what this announcement by Arc Systems might be?

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/576231276803325953
Yay it's totally Damascus Gear! XD
Someone loves me :D

Is it really stupid to hope for something not nsfw? :/

Gah.
Valhalla Knights 3 is bullshit at times.

Just fought a boss that does party-wide nuke spells. Also for a tiny dude he was a built like a tank, so he'd shrug off attacks just to get his spells out.

His spells do about 400 damage per person. Most everyone in the party has less than 1000 hp.

Party AI is stupid too. I have a mage with a priest sub-class. If I assign her any offensive spells, she will never heal. 6 characters that are near-death including herself, and she can't be bothered to fire off a healing spell that will recover everyone to max (my magic rating is crazy high).

Really uneven game. I don't blame any reviewers that panned it.

Many bosses will be able to kill you with one or two spell the first time you encounter them, but you will be able to almost one shot kill them at the second attempt if you do these:

1)CHANGING CLASSES OFTEN IS ESSENTIAL(i said OFTEN, not just 1 or 2 times), many people(me included at the beginning) don't understand this because they are used to chose a class at the beginning and remain with that till the end of the game, VK games are not like them, gaining high levels is long so to increase your stats(and to gain more skills and spells) you need to change the class, in that case the stats increments you got with the previous class remain and you will level up faster gaining more stats increments fast.
The game is built around this mechanic, if you want to go on you must change classes and level up them, even if at first you don't want to.
At the beginning i hated this mechanic(especially because i had to change all the equipments, skills etc) but then i once i got used to it i started to appreciate how deep the character customization becomes and now i like it.

2)grind a lot, no matter what some bosses are too strong the first time you encounter them.

3)Ai is really dumb, but do you give the right actions/skills to your allies? You need to plan carefully what actions/skills you want your allies to do, it's better to give them only 2-3 useful actions/skills you really need instead of filling all the possible slots(8 IIRC).
In any case you can take control of a character and use its skills.

Good VK3 info
Yeah I've been switching classes around quite a bit.
Still it gets to the point where I'm just like "What am I even doing? It's been 20 hours."
The grind is ridiculous.

Sometimes when a boss goes into murder mode they develop a one-track mind. They'll chase me around while my archer + mages snipe away at him. So the dumb AI goes both ways.

Plus the difficulty has been inconsistent. The easiest boss I've fought so far was a
freakin' dragon
. He seemed to have less HP than most humanoids. Probably would have killed him even faster if I went back to town and revived my dead and checked for new equipment.

bobohoro

For me that would be Ar tonelico series. I know it wouldn't be fair to compare when one game's theme is all about music and songs, but I can't say there is any OST that could top the Ar tonelico games.

Yeah, Ar Tonelico as a series has consistently great OSTs. And they even kinda work well without playing the games, which can't be said for many gaming soundtracks. I'd certainly put them up there with some of the greatest OSTs out there.

Falcom pretty much never fails to deliver in the sound department in any game they produce, at least from my experience. If you want similary awesome guitar themes, look into Daisuke Ishiwatari soundtracks, especially everything Guilty Gear XX.

Why this month, ArcSys? My choice on what to buy gets even more harder now.

Oreshika? or La Mulana? or Damascus Gear? I think I'll go for Vita Pets if I can't choose between those three. Sorry HM2, the first game didn't clicked on me so you'll be on the backburner.

salromano

Published by Arc System Works US though, so probably no Canada, as usual.

It's coming to Canada.

Genre: Mech-Action RPG
Platform: PlayStation Vita (digital download from PSN)
Price: $14.99
Release Date: March 24, 2015
ESRB Rating: Teen
Region Availability:
North America - US, Canada
South America - Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Honduras, Paraguay, Argentina, Colombia, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Peru, Mexico, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Panama, Uruguay
Europe to follow

SerTapTap

Was anyone in here thinking of doing an OT for Axiom Verge? Info and screenshot-wise I could do it, but I don't really make graphics, haven't done an OT, and feel kinda weird about doing it since I have a review copy. No one's volunteered so far in the OT OT

I won't be getting Bloodborne for a good long while so *shrug*.

Although I ain't getting Damascus Gear either.

Watched a video review and one of the first complaints they had is that there are only about 7 or so maps(not counting the arena) and enemies spawn in the same pre-determined locations.

Sounds like a minor thing, but this is a mission-based A-RPG. Seeing the same thing over and over gets old really quickly, especially in a sub-genre where you're expected to see the same thing over and over.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm so addicted to helldivers I haven't been touching my ateliers and neptunias and disgaeas. Bloodborne is even coming soon. Hoh boy

Gonna try to finish disgaea 4 and P4G before P5 and D5 hits

I think I'll continue to stick to my original plan of only buying Toukiden Kiwami this month.

Week 1
- Type-0 - probably gonna play the FFXV demo and put Type-0 on the backlog. Since I essentially got it for free thanks to The Order, I won't feel bad about it and also because of...

Week 2
- Bloodborne - this is gonna be my PS4 game for the next while

Week 3
- Axiom Verge - DD game, which means I don't need to take Bloodborne out to play it. Also, this is most likely gonna be a game to play on the Vita thanks to remote play

Week 4
- Xenoblade 3D - That will be on the 3DS

All my systems will have one game to be played, I can do that. I just hate having multiple titles pilled up on the same system. I'm one of those guys that finds it to be a hassle swapping discs back and forth.

SerTapTap

I'm one of those guys that finds it to be a hassle swapping discs back and forth.

This is the one thing about the original Xbone that would have been sweet...if it didn't come with the DRM. I find cart swapping a pain and I'm glad I basically have 3 Vitas because of it

...I'm not sure what month you think those weeks belong to BTW

SerTapTap

I'm really enjoying Dekamori Senran Kagura. A lewd and hard taiko no tatsujin.

Story is utter nonsense though.

Stories are all completely played for humor...though not of equal quality. I can't believe they keep doing the "girls think Miyabi is a hot boy!" thing. Doesn't really work with boobs that big.

Hanzo's "ultimate dish" responses are pretty funny too. I should get back and finish that a few more times...not going to do all characters though, too much.

Next 4 weeks so March-April. Starts on the 17th of March (week 1) ends on the 10th of April (week 4).

Oh, I thought you meant March and was like "that's not right at all"

Was anyone in here thinking of doing an OT for Axiom Verge? Info and screenshot-wise I could do it, but I don't really make graphics, haven't done an OT, and feel kinda weird about doing it since I have a review copy.

Can you advise when the review embargo lifts for the game? Can not wait to play this.

SerTapTap

Can you advise when the review embargo lifts for the game? Can not wait to play this.

March 30th (day before US release). Will have a full review in some form or another. Thinking a spoiler free (well, with marked spoilers too) text one, plus a more spoilery video review. I would normally do a first look but I already have that form the preview, plus I wanted to get started on written reviews anyway.

I must not buy anymore games, I must not buy anymore games. This month is ridiculous, there are so many games I want. I just need to stay strong for Bloodborne.

March 30th (day before US release). Will have a full review in some form or another. Thinking a spoiler free (well, with marked spoilers too) text one, plus a more spoilery video review. I would normally do a first look but I already have that form the preview, plus I wanted to get started on written reviews anyway.

Can't wait, so stoked for this game!

SerTapTap

Can't wait, so stoked for this game!

Even Parker's excited
B_70g63UcAAIvof.jpg:large

antibolo

Banned
I only buy games when they're on sale, bar some exceptional circumstances (bought La Mulana EX because I've been waiting for this port for almost two years now).

I can't justify buying a game at full price and then let it sink into my backlog.

I only finish like 5 games per year, tops.

RK128

Even Parker's excited

Ah, my cat does this to whenever I watch a TV show or movie with my mom; just staring at the screen in excitement or wonder :).

I can't wait for Axiom Verge to come to Vita in the future :D! Really enjoy the Metroid series (loved Prime 1 and 3) so getting another game like that should be an utter treat :).

Speaking of games, I tried out more of the Plus games and a PS1 classic I recently bought.

Counter Spy is a lot of fun so far :). Great art style that just pops on the Vita's screen, solid controls making everything run really smoothly, great performance (heard reports of the game running bad on Vita, but the game ran really well for the first level; could it be I'm mixing up long load times with bad performance then? Those never bother me; I did play through Sonic 06 without any issue, so that must be why XD!), and I love how each level is randomly generated (creates a lot of replay value). Overall great addition to Plus :).

OilOil 2 is....not really clicking with me sadly :l. I love the art style and soundtrack, but the core gameplay just isn't getting to me for some reason. I got the controls finally but it isn't grabbing me like say, the Tony Hawk series did back on my PS2 (seems to be a fair comparison, considering both are skateboarding games). Still a great game, but one that isn't 'clicking' with me :l.

The PS1 Classic I recently bought (had extra PSN Credit after getting the Neptuna Rebirth 1 DLC and a PS Now Rental) was Pac-Man World. Man, the game is fun; it reminds me of a mix between the Crash games and Klona, in the sense that it is a 3D platformer but it plays with both 3D and 2D so much, that it is both a 3D and a 2D platformer (I mention Klona due to playing with the 3D perspective a few times). Also like how it smartly incorporates classic Pac-Man gameplay (secret maze rooms and power-pellet attacks) in a few spots; makes it a nice way to bring Pac-Man to the 3D world. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fun platformer for their Vita or PS3 :).

Happy about this week ending because....Spring Break :D! Got plenty of time to catch up on games I haven't played in a while in addition to plenty of time for getting other college and home stuff done :). Have a great weekend Vita Gaf :).

antibolo

Banned
How are you enjoying it? How far have you gotten?

Not far at all (I haven't even found the holy grail yet). I like it but I'm taking my time exploring and getting comfortable with the mechanics.

Haven't had the time to play much, in between cleaning up my Plus backlog, playing 999 on my 3DS, and recovering from my recent manic obsession at getting better at Project Diva.

SerTapTap

Ah, my cat does this to whenever I watch a TV show or movie with my mom; just staring at the screen in excitement or wonder :).

OilOil 2 is....not really clicking with me sadly :l

Happy about this week ending because....Spring Break :D! Got plenty of time to catch up on games I haven't played in a while in addition to plenty of time for getting other college and home stuff done :). Have a great weekend Vita Gaf :).

Depends on the game and his mood but Parker loves to watch or attack stuff on the TV a lot. He loves 2D platformers, I guess because of the simple easy to follow movement. He usually tries to bat at the player. Here he is watching the Electronic Super Joy character. I've MOSTLY got him trained to watch instead of attack, but he still stands up or sits on the soundbar sometimes.

I couldn't get into OlliOlli 1. I can totally see the appeal but they're not for me. Glad they seem to be a success though.

I miss spring breaks. I'm honestly going to tkae some vacation to catch up on games (and generally decompress) sometime here.

The PS1 Classic I recently bought (had extra PSN Credit after getting the Neptuna Rebirth 1 DLC and a PS Now Rental) was Pac-Man World. Man, the game is fun; it reminds me of a mix between the Crash games and Klona, in the sense that it is a 3D platformer but it plays with both 3D and 2D so much, that it is both a 3D and a 2D platformer (I mention Klona due to playing with the 3D perspective a few times). Also like how it smartly incorporates classic Pac-Man gameplay (secret maze rooms and power-pellet attacks) in a few spots; makes it a nice way to bring Pac-Man to the 3D world. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fun platformer for their Vita or PS3 :).

I think the Pac Man World games 1-3 are underrated. Stay away from Ghostly Adventures on PS3. I got Ghostly Adventures 2 on 3DS I am going to try here soon. I want to pick up my Vita more tho. Hard to go back on graphic fidelity and it just isn't as comfortable.

Shizuka

Played the "dead pixel fix" video for an hour on my Vita-2000, nothing. I'll try it once more and then I'll contact the seller.

TOTP: Buy La-Mulana EX (Vita)!

Top Bottom