• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus increasing in price to $59.99 usd/$69.99 cad starting Sept 22

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have PS+ in Canada... might be moving to the US next year. The membership will still be valid and whatnot right? Thinking of adding an extra year today.
It doesn't matter in what physical location you are.

So yes, it will still be valid as you paid for that account. No idea what anyone else is talking about. Continue to use the account as you do now and it will work until the system is redone, which with services like these may happen at any point.

Consumer

You lot reckon PS+ will ever go down to $50 CAD on a sale or something?

I'm gonna buy another year before tomorrow. Wondering if I should buy 2-3 to be safe.

You lot reckon PS+ will ever go down to $50 CAD on a sale or something?

I'm gonna buy another year before tomorrow. Wondering if I should buy 2-3 to be safe.

i just walked in to my walmart and loaded up for 3 years. $20 price increase is kinda steep so i figured better safe than sorry and hopin for deals

Consumer

i just walked in to my walmart and loaded up for 3 years. $20 price increase is kinda steep so i figured better safe than sorry and hopin for deals

Yeah it's kinda steep. I went ahead and bought 2 more. I'm covered until Nov 2019 now.

Only reason I hesitated is because I've been in a PS3 phase and probably will be for a while. But the cloud backups & IGC are reason enough I suppose.

I got 3 years worth of PS+ at 45$ canada from Costco online. I think you have to redeem it NOW before the 22, or else they will charge you the extra missing$$ from what i read when i submited mine. SO DONT JUST BUY them and not redeem them, i recommend redeeming those RIGHT NOW. Unless i read it wrong.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I got 3 years worth of PS+ at 45$ canada from Costco online. I think you have to redeem it NOW before the 22, or else they will charge you the extra missing$$ from what i read when i submited mine. SO DONT JUST BUY them and not redeem them, i recommend redeeming those RIGHT NOW. Unless i read it wrong.

why would they be able to charge you more for something you already paid for. sony has no way of knowing how much you paid...just that you have a legit 1yr ps+ code

Minions

Unless the cards say that on them the I don't see how they could give you less months than what are listed on the cards. You paid for 12 months of PS+.

giphy.gif

ricelord

you are wrong, sony have no idea how much a person paid for ps+ code if the person got it from a third party. Hell i only buy them when its for sale for like 35 or less each year.

That's not how it works at all. You paid for the code, the code is your. There is no extra charge if you don't redeem it now.

pip77

Game Idealist has made a post stating that Amazon is offering the 12 month PS Plus subscription for $49.99.

Here is the post:

Amazon has discounted the 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership by $10 off, dropping the subscription to the same price point it was before the price increase on September 22nd. If you are interested, you can check out the deal with the link below:

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership – 17% off

For the uninformed, the subscription comes with the following:

• Enables online multiplayer on PS4, so you can play games online with friends
  • Get FREE PlayStation 4 games every month
  • Access to exclusive PlayStation Store sales and discounts – as much as 80% off
  • Online game save storage: PS Plus members enjoy 10x more cloud storage for PS4
  • Enables Shareplay feature – invite friends to join you in your favorite PS4 games, even if they don’t own the game
  • So, if you are missed out on getting PlayStation Plus at its original price point, you might want to take advantage of the deal.

I searched while logged in and logged out of my Amazon account. Both times resulted in the price being $49.99. I'm pretty sure this will be temporary.

Amazon link

Dominator

Went all in and subbed until 2022.
Call me crazy...
I don't understand this type of thinking. More power to you, but through the one or two years one might have currently, you should be able to find discounted ones to pick up along the way, instead of spending a lot at once to save a small amount throughout the next few years.

But hey, at least you're good for the next 6 years lol

Top Bottom