• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planet

Great news about Bound - I bought it on sale weeks ago, tried it for half an hour and deemed it beautiful, exceptionally detailed thanks to 4xSSAA, but the camera was a bit of a mess. Just last week I recorded a podcast where we briefly talked about the game and wondered when the patch might eventually be released.
How is PSVR with PC using TrinusVR???
I think this thread has answers for you.

DjRalford

Spent last night getting Trinus working on my PC, Elite in VR is something else, makes you feel so tiny.

I noticed on the PC readout that when the headset is sat stable on a flat surface the position data is jumping back and forth slightly all the whole getting lower and lower in value, is this Likely the cause of the drift seen on PS4? and if so that would suggest the hardware.

Running through steam calibration settles it but there is still a slight drift over time.

Maligna

Banned
How is this possible? Aren't you just sat still the whole time in that game?

A LOT of people play the game either drunk or high. This guy is obviously very very drunk if you listen to him. Had nothing to do with motion sickness.

Also love hearing the people in the room with him in real life yelling at him.

Edit: New page. I was referring to this. Guy puking during a game of Werewolves Within.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5ou5y3/guy_yelled_at_for_puking_in_werewolves/

cakely

With regard to the youtube app: Does anyone have a link to a youtube video that works well with PSVR youtube? Something I could demo?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Warning to people; the GitS trailer made me mad dizzy lol.

Just tried GitS and I had to cut it off like 7 seconds in.

The CBS 360 teaser for the upcoming Star Trek show looks great. (Nothing related to the show, but a nice look at the various Enterprise ships in space)

Another interesting one was the AC Syndicate 360 trailer for Jack the Ripper DLC. Like a three minute theme park ride, just with Assassins failing to capture Jack as you follow along.

Planet

YouTube VR is fantastic... when it works. There are sooo many broken videos out there. And the quality can also be just fine if you find a good one, better than we were offered in Littlestar, Within, VRideo and the likes, deleted all of these, lol.

I think I will make a playlist of the better ones I did and share it here when it has matured a bit. Great stuff out there, but I need to catch some z's.

And games are still better looking, of course.

Chris_C

Spent last night getting Trinus working on my PC, Elite in VR is something else, makes you feel so tiny.

I noticed on the PC readout that when the headset is sat stable on a flat surface the position data is jumping back and forth slightly all the whole getting lower and lower in value, is this Likely the cause of the drift seen on PS4? and if so that would suggest the hardware.

Running through steam calibration settles it but there is still a slight drift over time.

Wait a sec, is there a tutorial or something that lets you know how to get Elite up and running on a PSVR? I'd love to try that!

EDIT: Tried this out, got the PC to recognize the headset, but I get no signal to the headset... because the stupid guards on the back of my case don't allow me to plug an HDMI cable all the way into my HDMI port (I use a DVI to HDMI for my TV usually). Ah well.

ErbilT

Only checked out a few of the 360 videos on YouTube and they all looked like straight garbage. I'm hoping the resolution and the streaming quality gets better in time.

Plasma

Banned
Is Unearthing Mars getting released on the US store anytime soon? Not sure if it is worth the effort of creating another account.

I bought Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in the january sale a few weeks ago and last night I finally played it with some friends. This was the most fun we had with a multiplayer game in a while. Recommended!

Planet

Does it support 360 3D (side-by-side/over-under) or only "flat" 360, like the PS4 Media Player?
I did not find any 360 3D SBS videos, but there were some that showed up as 360 3D Anaglyph on my PC's browser. And those were 3D on PS VR. The resolution presented to me was 1440p, and while it wasn't as sharp as PS VR games are, it still easily surpassed anything available before YouTube. This is a nice example, because it shows the difference between regular viewing window and 360, then goes on to include 3D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8UCEigYTI

You need a 4K video for 360 to look good.
The above video has a 4K option, but the highest reading I got on my system via video details is 1440p. There sadly is no setting to force or request any specific resolution.

Does the RE7 demo have Pro benefits?
Yes, it is pretty clean and detailed.

octobot

Quick question: thinking about picking up Werewolves Within? Thoughts? Community/finding games good?

It's a great game and tons of fun. I routinely play for a few hours a day. If you even remotely like the idea of a social deduction game it's a safe bet. With the patch to fix pro crashing I am sure the number of players will go up as well (pro crashing is the only flaw with the game right now)

Jimmy_liv

Anyone know when the dirt rally VR update is coming?

17th of Feb I believe.

Someone said it was listen on Spanish Amazon for the Physical release on that day and then someone else seemed to say that was a confirmed date now for the VR edition.

A bit longer than I wanted to wait but thats life!

17th of Feb I believe.

Someone said it was listen on Spanish Amazon for the Physical release on that day and then someone else seemed to say that was a confirmed date now for the VR edition.

A bit longer than I wanted to wait but thats life!
Oh wow longer then I thought, thanks.

FireCloud

Hi guys, itching to get a new game for VR, I have batman and Rigs, any recommended ones?

Until Dawn, Thumper, Rez are all ace.

All good choices. I would personally add Battlezone to the list. Easily the most time I've spent in VR. Also I got Superhypercube during the last sale and it is pretty fun as well if you are the sort of person who will try something over and over again to beat their personal best score (or leaderboard scores).

valeu

wow, the youtube vr update is fantastic. there's so much content already. looks like national geographic, ny times, bbc, usa today put out steady content. some videos have better resolution than others, but you can really see the future of this technology - taking people to places they wouldn't normally get to see or "sharing" experiences. i'm afraid of heights so the video of the boys illegally climbing chinese skyscrapers really got me, also army parachutests, daredevil plane pilots etc.. there's some 360 horror experiences like the conjuring 2. def worth checking out

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hi guys, itching to get a new game for VR, I have batman and Rigs, any recommended ones?

If you want something more "cathartic", an "experience" if you will and you are of the creative type: Harmonix VR (Easel Mode).
I included it as my favourite VR game in my 2016 GOTY list, because there has been no other game yet to give me full immersion in VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom