• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation4 FW 1.5 details

...hm nothing new. Sony will always suck at this.

What a joke, having to update your console on the day of a purchase lol.

MS will always crush them at this

Da fuck are you talking about? There's a day one patch on the Xbone too.

They even implied that the console wouldn't work without it.

Skyzard

Banned
I guess that confirms no direct uploading to youtube from the console.

Hope it comes later. I bet they signed some deal with facebook.

fucking sucks

Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game. We will provide additional information about system software update version 1.50 and features available at the PS4 system’s North America launch, and features that will be available after launch, in the near future.

preorder cancelled (third time)

Both day one patches will be extensive.

If you think every single feature from either console was ready to go when they went to manufacturing, you're delusional.

Come on now.

JawzPause

Wait wait wait wait PLEASE tell me that you can play your own music during gameplay and not just through Music Unlimited. This will piss me off a lot if true.

Harp

Makes sense sounds like features that you will I'll want to work on up to as close to the launch as possible. Would you rather them launch with 1.0 and then have to wait months after launch to get these features.

Also this is different from xbox one because it not mandatory. No does it say you won't be able to play games with out the patch. Xbox one requires online before you can even use it

BigDug13

Don't you think it's misleading to say that you can't play a game without the patch when that's not the case?

Don't you think it's misleading to continue to spread misinformation?

Here:

To function BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE This patch is required. If the system cannot function offline without this patch, then you cannot play games without this patch.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/20/4449426/xbox-one-requires-launch-day-patch
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/1/4791340/xbox-one-day-one-patch-download-time

Foghorn Leghorn

Unconfirmed Member
I like that you can use the voice commands with your head set, don't think I'll have the camera always plugged in.

Anyone know how many devices can use the music unlimited features simultaneously?

Daknight

Well...welcome to next-gen (including Wii U). I remember having to wait like an hour just to play Wii U -_- Before that when I got the 360 on 2011 I waited freaking 2 hours as it downloaded update back-to-back, first and update for system...which let to ANOTHER update for the system and then update for the game I wanted to play. I ended up watching a movie while it did it.

I wish they would pack the boxes in a way is easier to put everything as it was and suggest parents (or anyone giving it as a gift on christmas) to update the system so there child/love one/family member doesn't have to suffer waiting and killing the excitement of getting the brand new system.

Hopefully Wii U already has the latest update by then (doubt it, probably will ask to be update when you turn it on). So um...something ALL system have in common, update needed right out of the box!

By the way, reason MY update took so long is I had a crappy connection, probably be easier for people with faster connection. Still sucks.

skynidas

Banned
300MB, that's nothing, even if the servers are overloaded with people trying to download it should be done in like 10 minutes with my internet connection.

i hope

Pop

I think you'll still be able to suspend and resume a game. For example, suspend the game and go back to the Dynamic Menu to kick open a web page. What it's NOT going to do is let you put the console to sleep with the game suspended. Does anyone else agree? I would like more clarification, if so.

If I'm wrong and you can't suspend a game at all, that's really a bizarre oversight. Even the dev kits can do this.

That's the way I read it too. But GAF gonna GAF

Mondy

Banned
Sony drops the ball again with the music player. I don't want to subscribe to some service to stream music in the background. Xbox have had this sorted out for years.

j-wood

I need someone to tweet shu or adam boyes let us know whats up with listening to your own music and the suspend feature. Damn i cant believe thats not in at launch.

Live free or die bro i couldnt care less about cod.

I just tweeted shu about the suspend feature. I don't really care about background music...i never use that when i'm playing a game.

DemonNite

Thats not a whole list of features ready for 1.5 for those wondering.. there are still a few things in there not talked about

Sean

Banned
Most of that stuff is basic features that you would expect to be there from the start. You seriously can't watch DVD or Blu-Ray movies without first downloading a firmware update? No suspend/resume is a huge disappointment too.

Kinda shows how rushed these consoles are. Three weeks from launch and we're learning about all these "gotchas"

Liamario

Banned
They have to pack the product a month+ in advanced...

EDIT: No suspend/resume on launch? Da fuq?

Day 1 patch is mandatory. This isn't. Though, that's a lot of missing features.

That's a lot of missing features that can't be used without being online.

gruenel

Sony drops the ball again with the music player. I don't want to subscribe to some service to stream music in the background. Xbox have had this sorted out for years.

Yeah that sucks, but I already suspected as much since the E3 conference.

goonergaz

No suspend is a major disappointment.

Just signed up to twitch and ustream - some git already stole my username on twitch :( lol

Sony said:
Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game.

Woaaaah.... This is a huge bummer for me. In the "What are you most looking forward to..." threads.. Suspend/Resume is one of my BIG features of nextgen. I know it sounds lame to care about a foot note feature, but when you don't have a lot of time to game anymore, being able to pause, suspend a game for a few hours, and instantly pick it back up for ~20 minutes, and do the same, is a really big feature for me.

Sounds crazy but ... coupled with the dearth of exciting launch titles and then this, legitimately canceling preorder.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
50 page thread incoming. i don't know what some of you expected in this day in age. even my cell phone had to be updated the day i bought it.

the music thing is bothersome though.

Top Bottom