• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

I just wish the notification of flights landing didn't cover up the top bar. So annoying!

It probably wont help you with the landing problem, but if you touch that notification it will take you to the landed plane. The better news, is if you touch the "New Jobs" one it will make it go away straight away.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Don't get cold feet yet people, plenty of time to close the gap. At leaste push until the final day

I just have two mohawks for LA-San Diego (1xP 1xC) and either shuttle them when I remember, or build up a layover stock and then use biz to speed up transfers. It's only 1 Bux because of the short distance, and I'm earning more than that from longer flights. That frees up more planes so I have four aeroeagles and a sequoia doing long runs from tokyo, and a few birchcraft doing US runs, bringing everyone into LA.

FerranMG

Yeah, starting slowly for this one as well.
Had to move all my planes from Magadan to San Diego while dragging as many San Diego passangers as I could. Took a while!

BTW, I realized with the Magadan event that advertising the event destination airport helps A LOT getting more passangers there.
I think for San Diego it's just about 20000 for 8 hours, I don't think it's that much. :)

yogloo

God damnit gaf. Quit horsing around. I am working my ass off for this challenge. Currently ranked 10 in gaf slowly working my way up.

pdk27

Just bought Kansas City, Las Vegas, and San Diego to get my planes from the east coast to the west for this event. Time to deliver some planes.

Pachael

We can stay in the top #10! The Sea Knight is busy thrusting to San Diego atm.

(Finally, Lv 28. Those Cloudliners? 435 bux for the lot, 73 x 4 = 292 for the parts)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Clarified my Starship part trade post above (sorry mizzosoup, sent the controls back).

(have x1 Starship Controls extra, missing x1 Starship Body)

We can stay in the top #10! The Sea Knight is busy thrusting to San Diego atm.

(Finally, Lv 28. Those Cloudliners? 435 bux for the lot, 73 x 4 = 292 for the parts)
Don't worry, I just wasted 100 bux on upgrading planes, THAT DOESN'T STICK IF YOU PUT THEM IN THE HANGER!

shira

With star fighters you can just bux boost to different towns because it is so light.

You just get 100 bux in differential in a few minutes with all th 7/8 bux VIPs

Awesome!

I managed to get the starship with only 3 parts! Unfortunately I can get it anywhere without loosing money. It can fly so far too. It would probably work best if you had a major hub in Cairo or something in the center, but even then I don't think it would be worth it, as apposed to any other plane.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Touch arcade probably. The number doesn't show you how active members are, just that they have a lot of them.

Does location make any difference to mystery parts or is it just random? I've got two now but wondering if I should travel to some different airports to increase the chances of more parts?

Tokyo is very full. Tempted to fly my aeroeagles back empty so I can boost them cheaply

Meier

Who is the flight crew in first? They have 300,000+ points!

Touch Arcade. It's a website devoted to iOS (and probably Android) gaming. I'm sure they must have a massive flight crew in terms of users, but more than that.. they either are cheating with clock adjusting or many of their people literally just have 1-2 airports and focus solely on the events. That is the only way they could score so highly.

shira

I managed to get the starship with only 3 parts! Unfortunately I can get it anywhere without loosing money. It can fly so far too. It would probably work best if you had a major hub in Cairo or something in the center, but even then I don't think it would be worth it, as apposed to any other plane.
Try using it for small 7-20 bux deliveries for VIPs and secret packages. Its not a regular workhorse plane

shira

Does location make any difference to mystery parts or is it just random? I've got two now but wondering if I should travel to some different airports to increase the chances of more parts?

Tokyo is very full. Tempted to fly my aeroeagles back empty so I can boost them cheaply
I got like 10 from LA, so no. I don't think so

shira

Not me. I've been slipping in both this and last event - still holding #2 though...

...shit #3? Who the hell is the first two?

Sorry I started fast then dropped to below top 10.
Once you get a your own little Rogue Squadron, that's all you want to use.

FerranMG

Is anyone having problems with iCloud?
I haven't been able to use my iPad to play the game for the last 12 hours because it won't load the game I've been playing all day in my iPhone.
Sucks so badly. It worked flawlessly before. :(

shira

Is anyone having problems with iCloud?
I haven't been able to use my iPad to play the game for the last 12 hours because it won't load the game I've been playing all day in my iPhone.
Sucks so badly. It worked flawlessly before. :(
Hiccups here and there, but no works fine going across devices.

FerranMG

Hiccups here and there, but no works fine going across devices.

Working now.
In case it can help anyone:
- Either the iPad was not getting the save state from iCloud, or the iPhone was not uploading it.
- I tried to delete the game from the iPad. It said there were docs pending to be updated from iCloud, so I cancelled.
- Restarted the iPad. Launched the game on the iPad. No dice.
- Restarted the iPhone. Launched the game on the iPhone. Launched the game on the iPad. Is said data was being loaded from iCloud. It stuck there for a minute, and then finally loaded the game I had on the iPhone.

Oh well, everything's fine now. :)

BTW, I'm missing a Starship Engine, and have a Body and Controls to swap in case anyone is interested.
GC: FerranMG

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I've been playing this very slowly. Much slower than Tiny Tower. I guess TT really burned me out. I actually prefer to play this slower because I'm not addicted and wasting all my time on it every day in and day out. I'll get to the top eventually. In my own time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you pay a Bux to pout your pilot in a costume, and then change their clothes, you have to pay again for that same costume. You should own it.

(I was putting the pilot of my moon achievement flight - moon1 - in an astronaut costume. It's not there yet but close)

I'm looking for a Starship Engine part, I have the Body and Controls. GC ID: nlyonssmith

Do the parts appear randomly or are they a function of how many jobs you have sent to the event?

Meier

I'm looking for a Starship Engine part, I have the Body and Controls. GC ID: nlyonssmith

Do the parts appear randomly or are they a function of how many jobs you have sent to the event?

Definitely completely random.. although the more you're focused on it, I guess the more likely you are to get one in theory. I have my first part waiting to be turned in.. only the second time I've ever seen one, and I've contributed to every event quite a bit.

Pheebers

Neo Member
Has anyone NOT lost money, ever, using a starship? I fully upgraded the weight only & I'm still losing no matter how I play it. Disappointing if i can't figure out a good use for it. :(

FerranMG

Has anyone NOT lost money, ever, using a starship? I fully upgraded the weight only & I'm still losing no matter how I play it. Disappointing if i can't figure out a good use for it. :(

Just got the starship myself, and man does ir suck.
Full flight from Tokyomto NY had me losing like 5000? coins.
I really don't get the point of using this plane. :/

I though the Starship was supposed to be a good Bux collector?

Have no idea myself (as I am still a part away), but other people mentioned it.

bananas

Banned
I just downloaded this today and am loving it. Best casual game I think I've played in a long while. Love the way it syncs to iCloud so I can play on my iPad at home and my iPhone at work.

Can't wait for a Mac version.

My GC id is peaseybananas btw, if anyone wants to friend me up. I also join #AirGaf, so I'll be contributing my share to the pot.

Pheebers

Neo Member
I though the Starship was supposed to be a good Bux

I just watched this for a while. Plenty of time with LA closed! I didn't notice any more bux as compared to coins, but everything flies by more quickly so I guess overall the chances within a timeframe are increased.

Top Bottom