• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Has anyone NOT lost money, ever, using a starship? I fully upgraded the weight only & I'm still losing no matter how I play it. Disappointing if i can't figure out a good use for it. :(

Just use it to covert coins into Bux. You'll lose money but get Bux? Don't use it for normal passengers

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the most profitable flight? The cloud liner has most passengers but is expensive to run and can't do the longest routes. Aeroeagle can land in class 2 airports so eg sydney-Honolulu and is relatively cheap to fly, but can only carry 6 passengers. I guess ideally you'd want to fake the profit too, so you'd want an airport really close to the destination to lay passengers over in

Chopper

Lol. Cop that TouchArcade. Nimblebit should have cut deeper on first place imo.

Haha stupid ta forums
Bigger prize for not being first
L0ztx.jpg
That is GENIUS! :)

Chopper

Look at the rewards for the new event. The devs have lowered the reward for the number one flight crew, specifically to target Toucharcade as we will be in the no. 1 spot as we have so many members. You'll notice the devs never post here any more, and just spend time on other forums.

Wow less bucks for first place-stuff you nimblebutt!

And starship is rubbish!

I lolled at the butt-hurtedness.

shira

I see it as a events ship or bux ship.
Yes I have found that it also works well if you have 2 reds near way other like London and Paris.
The flight is like $100 and it takes about 30s.

Really helps for redistributing since the flight distance is so short it is cheap and fast. I like to move the VIPs back and forth so that they are layovers rather then disappear every 5 minutes.
So when your Sequoia gets there they have 8-10 VIPs.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yes I have found that it also works well if you have 2 reds near way other like London and Paris.
The flight is like $100 and it takes about 30s.

Really helps for redistributing since the flight distance is so short it is cheap and fast. I like to move the VIPs back and forth so that they are layovers rather then disappear every 5 minutes.
So when your Sequoia gets there they have 8-10 VIPs.

I thought back and forth doesn't work? Eg if you take a Tokyo passenger from NY to Chicago, then bring them back, it doesn't register as a layover?

And I'm out. I was about to be lvl 26, ranked 7, I think, in the last event, just loaded my game and all my progress is gone. That was a lot of fun while it lasted.

shira

I thought back and forth doesn't work? Eg if you take a Tokyo passenger from NY to Chicago, then bring them back, it doesn't register as a layover?
If you take a Passenger going to LA from Tokyo and drop him off in NY he is a layover.
The starship can bring him to Chicago where a Sequoia can bring him to LA wIth 9 others for a 25% bonus

Meier

Rome and Kabul being closed right now is killing me non-Class 2/Class 3 plane routes! >< I hope we can get back into the top 10.. not as big of a deal on this one, but we don't want to lose that precedent!

I have an extra Starship engine and controls if anyone wants to swap for a body part.

Rome and Kabul being closed right now is killing me non-Class 2/Class 3 plane routes! >< I hope we can get back into the top 10.. not as big of a deal on this one, but we don't want to lose that precedent!

I have an extra Starship engine and controls if anyone wants to swap for a body part.

I'll give a body for an engine.

My id is straydog1980

Meier

Well, 10th is looking like it's out of reach at this point. Hopefully we get back into the top 10 next time. This has been one of my better contributions to the Crew.

Meier

I just spent the last 40 minutes or so filling up my first ever Sequoia flight.. with passengers to Singapore. DOH!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
28 I think. I'm on level 26 and have access to everything except the cloud buster. Haven't bought anything past the sequoia though, love that plane

strem

Well Bankok going down for an hour really fucked me. I had 4 of my planes there and 4 of my little planes in Singapore that relied on Bankok as a jumper all trapped

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Goose bay is cool. Sea knights and Mohawks from new York and Chicago. Should actually make money this time - Singapore I was basically breaking even with lots of empty return flights

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So glad to see Goose Bay. I always try avoiding there since currently it's the most remote place I have in my small tiny map. But now I'm sending stuff there like crazy...

But I don't know if I want to switch from team #IndieAir to team #GAFAir. (Right now Indie Air is #22. What's GAF Air?)

Just got a new update for the game. Seems to fix a lot of things.

Edit: I still get a weird bug where the name of my Sea Knight (in hanger) changes with the name of another plane I have active. It happens intermittently.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
What does "city cap" mean? Is there a limit to how much of the world you can own? I thought the goal of the game was to get every single city and a huge fleet of super fast jets and a billion coins. If anything I wish you got 2 cities per level instead of 1. Leveling takes way too long. I still haven't filled the entire US yet.

Top Bottom