• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Pretty sure it's because they based Red's design off of the FR/LG version. Which decidedly looks less badass than the original Red design (at least, IMO, the hat in the newer design is really uncool looking to me lol)

as a fan of the OG pokemon design, i actually think his new design looks better, more badass even

LOOK AT THIS MAJESTIC SON OF A BITCH
deUDneK.jpg
GODDAMN

You're fast.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This is airing Wednesdays, so it's not replacing the regular Anime or anything.

I haven't watched Pokemon for years, but I'm definitely going to give this one a try for the sake of childhood memories and nostalgia.

Shengar

I think they make change to both Red's (short hair, back cap) and Green's (green shirt) design is too make them even more disticnt from Ash and Gary, which is a really good thing.

Galang

Banned
I just hope this one doesn't go on forever. 52 episodes could work really well for this.

Can't wait to see Misty!

Interesting. I think it'll be juat a few epiaodes or maybe a full season? (23 eps). They still need to air X and Y to promote the new games. It would be cool to have a run based on the first game and following that story only.

Ricky 7

Red probably looks like that because it's the first episode and they wanted to avoid confusion with Ash, hopefully he'll progressively look more bad ass as the episodes progress.

Shengar

Now fujoshi can run wild with official Red and Green incoming.
Pokemon Company have to taste all of that delicous fujoshi money.

Revven

To be frank, FRLG Red look a lot better than the original. Maybe its because Ken Sugimori evolving art style. I think the one you thought badass is Pixiv!Red which is based on Classic!Red with more bishounen style (mostly).

Nahh, it's really also how the sprite work in the Gen 1/Gen 2 games depict him as well.

Gen 2's Red sprite

Can't find his Gen 1 sprite but he basically looks just as badass with the cap hanging off one side of his face.

And then the HGSS and B2/W2 sprites also depict him as a badass.

hgss_red.gif
(HGSS)

Soooo... I don't know. Maybe I'm just fueled by nostalgia and such.

Revven

as a fan of the OG pokemon design, i actually think his new design looks better, more badass even

I mean, I think I only really dislike the way FR/LG depicts him. It's gotten better over the years since then, though, to where I'm fine with the current design. I just would have liked some kind of throw back to the old design (like an open jacket with a shirt underneath or the old hat).

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
It's not about looking like a badass. He has that generic young anime protag look. Actually I'm starting to become worried, if the character design is like this then how will the show turn out... I'll have to wait and see, can't make any serious judgements from a few pictures.

Nahh, it's really also how the sprite work in the Gen 1/Gen 2 games depict him as well.

Gen 2's Red sprite

Can't find his Gen 1 sprite but he basically looks just as badass with the cap hanging off one side of his face.

hgss_red.gif
(HGSS)

You guys realize you're comparing Red at the end of G/S to the anime, which is from the start of R/B, right? He's 3 years younger here than in those sprites

Cryxok

As someone who never like Red nearly as much as the fandom in general... I'm excited. This October is gonna be crazy!

Oh. Oh man.

I might have to... No, no, I shouldn't. I told myself Attack on Titan was a fluke. I don't watch anime anymore. I'll just rewatch Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones or something...

But Red.

NO! No. I don't need to. I shouldn't.

But...

HyperHip

God this could be awesome if they manage to capture the atmosphere of the GB games. Fuck please say this is like 12-26 episodes at the least!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Will it also feature MissingNo and Glitch City? Can't have an accurate Red/Blue anime without those two.

bonercop

I still got fond childhood memories of the first season of the never-ending pokémon anime -- so F this. They should have started at Silver.

Revven

You guys realize you're comparing Red at the end of G/S to the anime, which is from the start of R/B, right? He's 3 years younger here than in those sprites

I'm aware, I was trying to find the Gen 1 battle sprite but I couldn't; he still looks pretty awesome looking even before he gets there.

Shengar

Gen 2's Red sprite

hgss_red.gif
(HGSS)

The long hair I suppose? Yeah he definitely look better with that hair, but Pokemon Company need to make differentiation between him and Ash. Can't be picky here I suppose.

Top Bottom