• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Art thread (Official/Unofficial)

Izayoi said:
What, don't like the thought of Drifloon carrying off children?

Where's that comic when you need it.

the thought that one of my favorite new pokemon may burn my soul when i die, or of my corspe becoming a pokemon with all my memories has overtaken said thought. but yeah, it's also kinda funny though as ghost pokemon are some of the cutest....yet they are all creepy as heck .

Haunter seems like a cool enough Pokemon when it comes to the afterlife. He'll probably drag your soul out, then hang out with you for eternity.

Sign me up!

I looked back a few pages and saw that Mystery Dungeon picture with Squrtle and Pikachu, and it reminded me how much fun the first game was. The art was so great, but then I remember hearing bad things about the sequels.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Am I the only one who is emotionally moved by most good fanart that is of the original 151 only? I can't seem to vibe with any others...

Man, R/B/Y/G/S was...fucking incredible. Some of the art in here is fantastic. Unfortunately, I don't know who about 75% of the characters posted in here are :(

Izayoi

Banned
Qwomo said:
Why can't this be desktop sized? ;_;

Whyyyyy.
You're just as confused and upset as I am. Japan loves their tiny and/or awkward resolutions.

Stat Flow said:
Am I the only one who is emotionally moved by most good fanart that is of the original 151 only? I can't seem to vibe with any others...
That's nostalgia speaking, son.

apana

D-Pad said:
^ I want to see more!

Ryan Shiu:

20101104_choose_your_starter_by_ry_spirit.jpg

20101104_a_day_in_the_haunted_mansion_by_ry_spirit.jpg

20101104_everybody_got_somthing_to_hide_by_ry_spirit-600x342.jpg

More?

Paprikka

An interesting side effect of this thread is I've discovered the art from where several posters got their avatars from.

Professor Beef said:
Don't you dare forget the Underground. Aside from the ridiculous prereq for Spiritomb, it was a blast.

this is kinda the wrong thread to discuss this but of course i dare not forget just didnt think the it was conducive to the Pkmn/AC/HM desire of evilmarios. I wish they didnt take stuff out. i'd be playing Bw forever if it had all those stuff and contests and pokeathon.

Stat Flow said:

Man, R/B/Y/G/S was...fucking incredible. Some of the art in here is fantastic. Unfortunately, I don't know who about 75% of the characters posted in here are :(

Same case for me. I wonder if they'll ever do a remake/reboot using the original 151?

Izayoi

Banned
drtomoe123 said:
The Jirachi one is fantastic. Keep 'em coming! These are amazing.
Will do. Last batch for a while. Got to go through more of my stuff.

DeadFalling said:
Same case for me. I wonder if they'll ever do a remake/reboot using the original 151?
Lol?

Izayoi

Banned
DeadFalling said:
I thought that had the first 2 generations? (I haven't played it)
Haha, there have been two remakes now.

FRLG which is the first trio (quartet counting Blue, I guess), HGSS is the second trio.

There will be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire soon as well.

Gin

such a great art thread.

some of this stuff feels like concept art for a pokemon mmorpg
i can only dream :(

TheOGB

Banned
Izayoi said:

FRLG which is the first trio (quartet counting Blue, I guess), HGSS is the second trio.

Merely speculation

with pretty good evidence

Izayoi said:

Ah. Shows how much I know :p

also I meant more of a game that serves as a "reboot" of sorts... Not just small improvements.

edit: Not extremely different, same basic concepts but switch it up a little... I feel like atm the series is the same game over and over with new pokemon and small improvements(Please don't kill me!)

DeadFalling said:

also I meant more of a game that serves as a "reboot" of sorts... Not just small improvements.
R/S/E was the last gen before the physical/special split. I'm more than looking forward to this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DeadFalling said:

edit: Not extremely different, same basic concepts but switch it up a little... I feel like atm the series is kinda the same game over and over with new pokemon and small improvements(Please don't kill me!)

Most fans would agree that that's what Black and White are.

Izayoi

Banned
Gin said:
such a great art thread.

some of this stuff feels like concept art for a pokemon mmorpg
i can only dream :(
As much as I would like it to happen, it probably never will.

TheOGB said:
Merely speculation

with pretty good evidence
Aye.

Anyway, some more stuff. Many of these are purely human/Pokemon focused. Less emphasis on the environment and more on the characters.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Throw and Sawk in Street Fighter IV-type art...

hZnhk.jpg

Q4rDH.jpg

I find these guys to be simplistically classy, imo.

TheOGB

Banned
Wow, I really like that art of Jasmine, and the last pic featuring Iris and Cilan. Very interesting styles.

SFIV Throh and Sawk are hilariously awesome. Love it.

TUSR

Banned
Im confused why a lot of these picture of Red depict him as a bad looking guy... Glowing red eyes and all?

I thought Red was essentially Ash, who is probably the nicest kid in the world.

Squire Felix said:
Im confused why a lot of these picture of Red depict him as a bad looking guy... Glowing red eyes and all?

Red isnt Ash at all (at least in most fans perceptions), he's more the Ace (FRLG) and the aloof silent hermit on the mountaintop type (HGSS).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Squire Felix said:

Never played GSC/HGSS eh?

Qwomo

Squire Felix said:

Nooooooo.

Good lord, noooooooooo.

Red is a badass motherfucker. He stands on mountaintops for fun.

Top Bottom