• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

This calm before the storm is drivin me nuts!

Wha... what the hell is this from?

Dancing? Pokémon Band!

An iOS/Android app out in Japan to promote the movie. It's a rhythm game which has three songs in it:
1) Gao Gao All Stars - Little Glee Monster (Current ending theme and theme for the movie short)
2) Pokémon X & Y: Battle! Wild Pokémon
3) Getta Banban - Tomohisa Sako (Current opening them to the anime)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemon_ongakutai/

Cindro

Just a heads up - Summer Games Done Quick is going to be running Pokemon Blue at 11pm CST tonight. A catch 'em all run, which I've never seen before! It's then going to be followed by a blindfolded Blue run - both should be great.

Hatchtag

Banned
Been playing through black and white and black and white 2 for the last 2 weeks.

I completely forgot how amazing those games are, I would say that it's my favorite region now.

The only things I don't like are the starters and how they messed up the difficulty modes

Agreed. B/W has easily became my favorite game in theseries, its just so damn fun.

lMZddVZ.gif

Pikachu's not the only one who can get down

this better be a taunt in smash 6

harmonize

the most simple answer is usually the correct one. it's green, and the other pokemon in the trailer is related to another green pokemon that the focus of the movie. either they're confusing us for no reason, or it also has a connection to zygarde.

Xenoboy

I just saw the episode where Serena cut her hair, I really liked it.
Now it's Eureka's turn to take of that hairpin...
And Ash to get a hat.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I go with the theory now that the blob is Zygarde's missing eye. And it is needed to become Godzylla.

JoeM86

New as in "new" Pokemon or new as in "Pokemon who never got a recent merch now getting them" new?

It literally says 新ポケモン which means New Pokémon. Typically with merchandise sellsheets, they list things as Pokémon A or just as ???

It is worth noting that previously, they have included things like new forms (Resolute Form Keldeo, Black Kyurem etc) as 新ポケモン in these.

JoeM86

So there's a good chance it's Zygiant?

Well the cloud is purple and the clouds match colours of the Pokémon. Plus KaijuZygarde doesn't really fit the theme of the merch. Blobby is closer but doesn't match colours.

You can find the image on my personal twitter. Unsure if I can post here.

Nightbird

Well the cloud is purple and the clouds match colours of the Pokémon. Plus KaijuZygarde doesn't really fit the theme of the merch. Blobby is closer but doesn't match colours.

You can find the image on my personal twitter. Unsure if I can post here.

Hyyyype!

Boss Doggie

Though it says it's a celebration of RBG, so it's weird that they're lumping a new form there.

Unless it's Charizard Z or something.

harmonize

Wait, it actually says it's a celebration of Red/Green/Blue? These are releasing in November during the advertising build up of a possible game release three months later in February. If that's how they're choosing to frame the narrative surrounding merchandising related to that potential game and the anniversary, what else is supposed to be made of this other than the next game being something that celebrates RGB as well?

Busaiku

I think it's too late for a February launch.
Not too unusual for 6 month reveal to launch, but with the launches of a couple more games to come this year, I don't think the marketing wheel will be up to snuff.

JoeM86

I think it's too late for a February launch.
Not too unusual for 6 month reveal to launch, but with the launches of a couple more games to come this year, I don't think the marketing wheel will be up to snuff.

What do you mean?

ORAS buildup had Art Academy and Band of Thieves within it. Dungeon being in the interim is no different.

Boss Doggie

Is it true that localizers opted for Ar"ch"eus pronunciation rather than Arceus pronunciation because of "arse"?

Busaiku

The Valerie match was really dumb.
Types didn't mean anything besides Steel Wing.
Trick Room didn't do anything but help Ash's faster Pokemon. And it was also weak to X-Scissor.
Like what.
What do you mean?

ORAS buildup had Art Academy and Band of Thieves within it. Dungeon being in the interim is no different.
Art Academy and Band of Thieves are comparatively much smaller titles.
Even excluding Super Mystery Dungeon, they've got their first big move onto mobile now, so a lot of focus has to go into that.

JoeM86

Art Academy and Band of Thieves are comparatively much smaller titles.
Even excluding Super Mystery Dungeon, they've got their first big move onto mobile now, so a lot of focus has to go into that.

That's not really how it works.

Plus Shuffle Mobile is out in a week or two. It's also nowhere near their first move onto mobile, they've been doing it for years. Just because Nintendo are just now catching up doesn't mean TPC is too. It also has nothing on the grand scheme of things.
Also, main games drive the rest of the series. If anything, the other stuff has to make room for it, not it not being able to fit in due to it.

Busaiku

There's a rhythm game on it right now.

Regardless, mobile doesn't take priority over anything. The main games take priority over all.
And I'm not saying it should take priority (though if Shuffle is a runaway success, maybe in the future), but they don't really gain much by launching in February.
Yes, that'd be the 20th date, but most people would focus on the year, rather than February 27.
A launch closer to the movie would make more sense, since they could piggyback off of each other, and it gives them more time to focus on the other stuff. Not necessarily July, but maybe May/June.

Top Bottom