• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna wager that you're wrong. That big city takes up a good chunk of the island and there's not a whole lot of diversity in terms of terrain for a whole region.

What? I'm saying what we saw is one of many islands, as in all of Hawaii's islands will be represented in the game.

CiGN-iPU4AA8zVf.jpg

rhandino

Banned
Remember when I told you all the costumization was going to be back and some of you, FLOPS, said that not was going to happen because some excuse that GF gave for the REMAKES of R&S lacking it.

Game looks gorgeous and I dig the new Pokemon design and region.

#Pray4YW3

GoldStarz

I'm gonna wager that you're wrong. That big city takes up a good chunk of the island and there's not a whole lot of diversity in terms of terrain for a whole region.

That island isn't even Hawaii, it's Oʻahu. Like as in, that is a small piece of a much larger collection.

WPS

Chances of getting a new typing? I figure it'd make sense for Sunlion to be Fire/Light versus Moonbat's Dark/Rock.

Eh, Light is far too similar to Fairy to create only a gen after. Also Dark is mean to represent evil and trickery rather than elemental shadow.

Moonbat is almost certainly Fairy Type, seeing as how Moonlight and Moon Blast are both Fairy.

I've been in the other thread all morning. Anyone here nice that Overworld and battle models are one I the same now?

Could we finally have pokemon followi ng us again?

I'm such a broken record at this point, but no one is talking about this and it has always been a feature everyone wants back.

I've been in the other thread all morning. Anyone here nice that Overworld and battle models are one I the same now?

I'm such a broken record at this point, but no one is talking about this and it has always been a feature everyone wants back.

They aren't, the overworld models for the protagonists are very low poly while the battle models are like Gen VI's.

WPS

For real though what kind of hat is the girl trainer wearing?

images

At least its red. I genuinely can't comprehend that a pokémon protagonist can have a non-red trucker hat.

When can we stop pretending we don't know the legends names?

Crayolan

How the fuck do you catch ice Pokemon in Hawaii?

Buy some ice cream Vanilluxe from a supermarket.

I really want it to return, but I don't want to set expectations only to be disappointed.

This trailer was way better than I expected so I can't help but feel like the next thing we see of this game is gonna find some way to disappoint.

Hoenn was a tropical region and it still had an ice cave. Maybe we'll get the same here.
And I just thought about it, there's probably going to be a lot of surfing island to island.
YES

Way to much, this is an actual win where nothing is truly awful.

I wanna take people back to Gen V reveals.

That fuckin sucked. None were compelling.
I liked all of the Unova starters when they were revealed. It's just that I hated every single third evo of theirs which is a first for me.

RagnarokX

It does snow in Hawaii. They have mountains. https://weather.com/news/news/hawaii-snow-mauna-kea

"It snows here every year, but only at the very summits of our 3 tallest volcanoes (Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea and Haleakala)," said Ken Rubin, geology and geophysics professor at the University of Hawaii. "The snow level almost never gets below 9,000 feet in Hawaii during the winter, but since these mountains are taller than 13,000 feet, 13,000 feet, and 10,000 feet, respectively, they get dusted with snow a few times a year. It rarely stays on the ground for more than a few days though."

Have we seen tall grass in any of the footage? I'm not seeing any.
Hmmm, interesting...
It does snow in Hawaii. They have mountains. https://weather.com/news/news/hawaii-snow-mauna-kea

"It snows here every year, but only at the very summits of our 3 tallest volcanoes (Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea and Haleakala)," said Ken Rubin, geology and geophysics professor at the University of Hawaii. "The snow level almost never gets below 9,000 feet in Hawaii during the winter, but since these mountains are taller than 13,000 feet, 13,000 feet, and 10,000 feet, respectively, they get dusted with snow a few times a year. It rarely stays on the ground for more than a few days though."

Hopefully we go to a snowy peak, love me some snow areas in video games!

Absolutely possible and I REALLY hope that is the case!

I really want it to return, but I don't want to set expectations only to be disappointed.

This trailer was way better than I expected so I can't help but feel like the next thing we see of this game is gonna find some way to disappoint.

The only reason I could see them not doing it is because making a walking animation for all 800+(?) Pokémon would be too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom