• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go Twitter Denies Apple Watch Cancellation Rumors, still "coming soon"

jax

Banned
If they can get the entire 100 extended dex and this thing going I'll think about reinstalling. Maybe.

Souzetsu

Just tried it out on my Apple Watch (1st Gen/0 Edition?). Walked to lunch and it didn't track my distance or other Activity metrics, but the walk back worked. Notifications appear for both PokeStops and wild Pokemon, but only PokeStops can get redeemed directly from the Watch. It's neat, though a little slow. I'm interested to see how well it does on a 1st or 2nd Edition Watch.

I wanted to see if it would track your steps when you are away from the phone and tally it later.

If you have the app open on your watch and walk away from the phone, it'll disconnect and say "Open Pokemon Go on your phone." When I'm back in range, the screen doesn't go away. I'll open it on my phone, but the watch remains the same.

On the watch I hit cancel, and it came back, but I had to restart the walk. I'm not sure if you walk let's say 1 km and then get disconnected, if it'll register that in the app. I'm sure it would.

I also want to try and see if the watch app reads off your daily steps when not using the app itself. Will report back.

Top Bottom