• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Thread

As others have mentioned the pikachu birthday is one of the events that gives an item: the balm mushroom.
The woman waiting to leave in the departure lounge will apparently give you a comet shard if you visit her on the day she's supposed to leave.

Anyway, if your counters still haven't gone up, make sure to save the game by visiting the mysterious old man. I was wondering why they made him save the game when that only affected move order and the Tauros hot-button, but this may just be it.
If you desperately want to save you can just click 'watch movie' and it'll save before quitting the game to show you the promotional stuff :3
Saves you the trek to old man.

b45.png

oh my...

In the literal translation of the japanese version

“Sinnoh Folk Story 3”
"There once were Pokémon that married people."
"There once were people who married Pokémon."
"This was a normal thing because long ago people and Pokémon were the same."

http://legendsoflocalization.com/did-you-know-people-used-to-marry-pokemon-all-the-time/

needless to say. the western version made some changes

Tomita

Sorry if this was asked already, but after you get Pretty Wings from that guy outside the Pokemon Center he keeps saying that you should look out for someone in the city in the next few days. Anyone know what is this in reference to? (I did start the demo late, but it's also been more than "a few" days, yet his dialogue doesn't change lol)

Pokemaniac

Sorry if this was asked already, but after you get Pretty Wings from that guy outside the Pokemon Center he keeps saying that you should look out for someone in the city in the next few days. Anyone know what is this in reference to? (I did start the demo late, but it's also been more than "a few" days, yet his dialogue doesn't change lol)

As far as I know, this is just a hint towards the various other events that happen a certain amount of days after you first play the demo.

Sooo after changing the time for dlst I'm stuck on waiting 4 days with the police officer... The counter won't change. In fact before I changed the time I think I only had two days to go. Now it won't change at all. Am I sol?

Pokemaniac

Sooo after changing the time for dlst I'm stuck on waiting 4 days with the police officer... The counter won't change. In fact before I changed the time I think I only had two days to go. Now it won't change at all. Am I sol?

If it's still not moving, try talking to him then doing the mysterious old man bit to get the thing to save. That should make sure the clock starts advancing again tomorrow.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Changing the time a few weeks ago because of DST delayed every events by two days in my demo.

OmegaFax

In the literal translation of the japanese version

“Sinnoh Folk Story 3”
"There once were Pokémon that married people."
"There once were people who married Pokémon."
"This was a normal thing because long ago people and Pokémon were the same."

http://legendsoflocalization.com/did-you-know-people-used-to-marry-pokemon-all-the-time/

needless to say. the western version made some changes

This reminds me of the Pokemon Rusty video Dorkly did about the Pokemon Breeder.

...uh another dumb question. I booted this up again to warm up to it with the game coming out tomorrow.

Is there a way to save in the demo after you complete the initial run, or is that just not an option?

Pokemaniac

...uh another dumb question. I booted this up again to warm up to it with the game coming out tomorrow.

Is there a way to save in the demo after you complete the initial run, or is that just not an option?

It automatically saves on boot and after certain events. There is no manual save.

Top Bottom