• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon TCG headed to iPad

Via Gamezebo, from the Pokemon World Championships:

BvGaIxWIcAA_7Wp.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheJWittz/statuses/500350510403432448
It looks like Pokémon TCGO is in works for the iPad! Should be a huge way to expand the game. #PlayPokemon pic.twitter.com/SPlx3QZaTC

samn

It's my understanding that the Pokemon Company and Game Freak are kept at arm's length from Nintendo, and I'm not even sure Nintendo owns them 100%. So this isn't any indication that other Nintendo franchises are on the way.

It's my understanding that the Pokemon Company and Game Freak are kept at arm's length from Nintendo, and I'm not even sure Nintendo owns them 100%. So this isn't any indication that other Nintendo franchises are on the way.

Yup.

This comes up every time there's a new Pokemon app for iOS or Android. Nintendo doesn't control as much of Pokemon as people think.

MBR

Banned
I'd buy an iPad for that.

Not really, gonna buy one either way soon enough, but Pokémon TCG would be awesome for the platform.

Kriken

You missed the perfect opportunity for "Pokemon is heading to the iPad"

But that's pretty cool, could never find anybody who actually knew how to play the card game itself so this should be a nice way to spread knowledge about it

Takao

Banned
Will it be a real game or just a demo thing like on PC? I haven't played the TCG in well over 10 years, but I'd probably go for a Pokemon TCG RPG #3.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Wasn't Pokémon TCG generally kind of crap. Hence why people simply collected the cards rather than actually play the game (or I at least never saw anyone seriously play it).

mrhej

Testing the mobile market with pokemon is a good step. They should sell Pokemon Fire Red and see how it sells.

-Horizon-

You missed the perfect opportunity for "Pokemon is heading to the iPad"

But that's pretty cool, could never find anybody who actually knew how to play the card game itself so this should be a nice way to spread knowledge about it

We'd already be up to 100 posts.

Spikain

Since this has been a PC game for a very long time now, it's obviously not any indication of anything. Anyway, I hope it comes to Android too (or iPhone, but that's probably not happening).

Testing the mobile market with pokemon is a good step. They should sell Pokemon Fire Red and see how it sells.
wasnt that pokemon yellow scam a good test by itself, people didn't even bother to read the description they just bought it and it got number 1 in like 2 hours and was destroying the competition lol

blamite

This is The Pokemon Company testing the waters, not Nintendo.
Is it official? Like, a Game Freak release?
It's official, but not Game Freak.
Don't you have to buy online booster packs for this?

I think you can buy them, but you also get packs, and coins to use to buy packs, for free by playing the game every day.

kiguel182

Is this a fully featured version? is it published by Nintendo?

This could be a megaton if they followed Heartstone's model.

Spikain

lol I was expecting a port of the GB game.

How is the online version anyway?

It's pretty neat if you ignore the terrible player avatars. Also, dunno about now but when I played it like half a year ago it didn't let anyone outside of Canada buy booster packs. For some reason.

To anyone mistaking it for that "PTCG Play it!" demo, it's not that one. PTCGO is like the Game Boy game, minus the RPG part, plus the new cards.

Could be huge if it's like HearthStone. I've sunk a lot of time into that game on my iPad and I think it's found a lot of success on mobile.

Delio

Nice move. Hopefully it's tossed to Android as well. I'd start collecting cards and building decks if they do.

Top Bottom