• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun for Nintendo 3DS

So going back to the series and comparing the original Japanese release dates to those of the updated versions

Green/Red -> Yellow; 2 years
Gold/Silver -> Crystal; 2 years
Ruby/Sapphire -> Emerald; 2 years
Diamond/Pearl -> Platinum; 2 years
Black/White - > Black/White2; 2 years
Sun/Moon - > UltraSun/Moon; 1 year

What happened here?

There was Blue released ~10 months after Red/Green. Then came Yellow 2 years after.

Etzer

Switch version TBA according to TPCi press page.

tQEBHbZ.png
I hope this isn't a mistake.

Roufianos

To everyone saying I can't believe people expected a switch Pokémon stars version...

Hd assets, upscaling. We've seen it with our own eyes. This is why we expected it. It's not hard to comprehend. Switch is a mobile console. It makes sense. It's not wild speculation.

It was reasonable to expect it but we can't say that what happened was unlikely. I remember snapping up a 3DS on day one and then this happening to me with B/W2.

This time I held off as I saw it coming. Man I'd be so pissed right now if I had a Switch.

Sou Da

I agree. The obvious aliasing in every other clip besides this one is too offputting not to notice. Something is up regardless of what they're announcing.

It's just one of the scenes from the pre-rendered intro video like in S/M, don't look too hard into it.

So going back to the series and comparing the original Japanese release dates to those of the updated versions

Green/Red -> Yellow; 2 years
Gold/Silver -> Crystal; 2 years
Ruby/Sapphire -> Emerald; 2 years
Diamond/Pearl -> Platinum; 2 years
Black/White - > Black/White2; 2 years
Sun/Moon - > UltraSun/Moon; 1 year

What happened here?

Lack of remakes in between, possibly because of where it comes in the 3DS' lifespan too.

Like I said in the Direct thread, last month someone posted a thread in 4chan about 3DS getting two new games called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and then Switch getting Eclipse later and said that one of the versions was a sequel and the other one wasn't.

Can't find the thread right now, maybe someone else has it saved.

Show me the receipts!

Pagusas

Elden Member
You think nintendo knows how many people they upset today? Or are they blinded by the business side of it all and likely don't have any real feelings towards their audience?

Pokemon is a handheld title. Mainline games aren't coming to Switch for the same reason they never came to Wii U, Wii, Gamecube or N64. This shouldn't surprise anyone but the denial over Nintendo seeing the Switch as primarily a home console appears to be continuing.
It's a bit unnecessary at this stage that for the past year any game announced for 3DS has to have its thread flooded with "why isn't this on Switch" type comments. I wish people would move on.
Personally looking forward to hearing more on it, they were surprisingly light on details in the direct.

Nintendo has done shit like this 1000 times where they just put something out in a press release that they should have actually mentioned before.

Think I remember Ocarina of Time 3DS remake being announced like that after their 2010 e3 show.

Only reason I feel like it might not be a mistake

Nintendo has done shit like this 1000 times where they just put something out in a press release that they should have actually mentioned before.

Think I remember Oceania of Time 3DS remake being announced like that after their 2010 e3 show.

Only reason I feel like it might not be a mistake

Yeah the remake of the most popular Nintendo game of all time was found in press release assets after the conference.

AdropOFvenom

Neo Member
Look at the bright side...this means we get Stars and Ultra Stars on Switch now, right?

.....right?

(goes to cry in the corner).

Could it be that they are announcing the Switch Version at E3? It'd make sense I think, why announce this a week before such a main event??

They only did this because TPC puts in bare minimum effort on the iterations and they literally don't have to make any new assets as long as it's on the 3DS.

Yeah, they put bare minimum effort. That's why they decided to go full 3D on the 3DS with multiple individual animations for each of the 721 Pokémon, which also had to be fully 3D modeled, plus their Mega Evolutions.

Come on, now...

Top Bottom