• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

AmyS

I wonder if there will be a downgrade for the WiiU version, since the version shown now is the arcade version. Not sure if the arcade hardware is better then the WiiU one.

Either way, the game looks way better now that it's not shown at 240p :p

If I recall, the arcade version was based on Wii U hardware. I wouldn't worry too much about any downgrades.

Was that confirmed?

I'm just curious about which arcade hardware Pokken runs on. It's not listed on System16's Namco section: http://system16.com/museum.php?id=7
Doing a search there for Pokken also finds nothing.

TI82

Banned
the schedule next year is looking like:

March?: Genei Ibun Roku #FE
May: Pokkén Tournament
June: Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games
November: Legend of Zelda Wii U
/ NX

Then throw in Project Treasure and the usual Lego, Skylanders, Infinity and Just Dance titles and you've got a picture of what 2016 will look like for the Wii U.

[edit] and Yooka-Laylee

DAN!!!!

And dang! Fire Emblem Persona is coming out so soon?

VariantX

9xlVQUx.jpg

Holy shit, IRL Chicken Boo

I wonder if the game will get a title change once it gets over here. What is exactly Pokken?

I also hope that all the major fighting types make it into the game. Hitmonlee's my favorite and I would like to see Drowzee or Hypno in this as well, but if they don't make it in I could just settle with Gardevoir.

Am i the only one that cares that there are two fire starters in this game and none of any other type. Fire babies ruin it for everyone

Mory Dunz

I wonder if there will be a downgrade for the WiiU version, since the version shown now is the arcade version. Not sure if the arcade hardware is better then the WiiU one.

Either way, the game looks way better now that it's not shown at 240p :p

Seems like the Wii U could run it if it is 720p.

The models look nice, but it's only 2 high poly characters on the screen. The backgrounds are definitely pretty involved though. After playing MK8 again yesterday after a while (man it looks good), I don't think Pokken should be unattainable for 720p 60fps.

Am i the only one that cares that there are two fire starters in this game and none of any other type. Fire babies ruin it for everyone

That is a really garbage design choice, yeah. They should add Venusaur, Greninja, Blastoise, and Sceptile. They should also add Eevee with the ability to evolve into one of its seven evolutions.

Toxi

Banned
We need Roserade for a fabulous Grass-type contender. Loved using this Pokemon in-game and against other people.

250px-407Roserade.png

I wonder if the game will get a title change once it gets over here. What is exactly Pokken?

I also hope that all the major fighting types make it into the game. Hitmonlee's my favorite and I would like to see Drowzee or Hypno in this as well, but if they don't make it in I could just settle with Gardevoir.
Pokémon + Tekken = Pokken

I'm actually surprised by this. I figured it would've been a shoe-in as a launch title for the next console.

It's probably coming to NX too, I'd guess.

But yeah, I wouldn't have been that surprised if they'd chosen not to go ahead with a Wii U version and just held off for NX.

Top Bottom