• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

I don't really get the obsession with Greninja and Jigglypuff. Do we really want them to have the same characters as Smash? Let's get some characters that rarely get any spotlight. Primeape, Ludicolo, Breloom, Excadrill. That kind of stuff.

Mewtwo is inevitable though.
I love Jigglypuff! Way more than the ones you listed. The fact that Jiggz is in Smash makes me very happy! Would love to have it in Pokenn!

I was indifferent about Greninja but Greninja grew on me over time and that's awesome! Still would easily trade it for Pichu, though.

Neoxon

I somehow stumbled across this little gem.

11223983_1035743183124094_1621146108460136894_o.jpg

Macka

What would Hitmonchan add to the game in terms of moveset potential? The flashy punching style has already been covered by Machamp. Hitmonlee and Hitmontop would be infinitely better choices.
Plus Hitmonlee is the worst Hitmon by far.

What would Hitmonchan add to the game in terms of moveset potential? The flashy punching style has already been covered by Machamp. Hitmonlee and Hitmontop would be infinitely better choices.
we get an awesome dynamic rush down and mix up heavy character like steve fox

Machamp is a typical slow grappler

Nanashrew

Banned

Give me the fight of the century! Hitmonlee Vs. Hitmonchan.

NEO0MJ

They don't have to be 1:1 mons, I mean since when did Heihachi scream Pikachu? Hell we might get Steve in say a Goodra lol

And Devil Jin's moveset isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think Charizard. Still, it would make perfect sense with Hitmonchan. It's the boxing pokemon, and every fighting game needs a boxer.

Machamp is more of a brawler then a boxer.

NEO0MJ

Ohhh, so THAT's what Soul Calibur was missing... :p

Well, that's why Soul Calibur isn't a respected fighter! You what other disrespected fighter doesn't have a boxer? Dead Or Alive!
If this game is going to succeed it needs Hitmonchan, history supports me!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, that's why Soul Calibur isn't a respected fighter! You what other disrespected fighter doesn't have a boxer? Dead Or Alive!
If this game is going to succeed it needs Hitmonchan, history supports me!

Also goes to prove the fact that Melee is indeed a party game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the end of the month Blaziken will be gone in the arcades for fixing.

I wonder what character will be out next month. I guess Pikalibre.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess Pokken won't have exclusives. The arcade updates itself and there seem to be a sentiment where you can "bring" your progress anywhere.

This has probably already been talked about but I've avoided this thread till now. What do you think the Wii U roster at launch will be? I'm thinking at least a very standard 16 fighters.

NEO0MJ

Probably depends on how many the arcade has by then.

Yeah. At least when it comes to Tekken last gen Namco has been releasing the console version after the completion of the arcade version, and it seems they're going to continue that this gen. I thin there's a solid chance the game will have at least 20 characters by the time it's on Wii U.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah. At least when it comes to Tekken last gen Namco has been releasing the console version after the completion of the arcade version, and it seems they're going to continue that this gen. I thin there's a solid chance the game will have at least 20 characters by the time it's on Wii U.

I hope even for less (16) if diversified enough, not mentioning the chances of additional DLC characters (I know Harada is contrary to this, but still...could happen, especially if the game is successfull both at arcades and retails)

RopeSnake

Banned
I really hope for Greninjia to be in, honestly. I absolutely loved him in Smash.

It is a shame Greninja is not in.

Or Swampert for that matter

Anyway, there are four empty slots on the CSS and I'd be perfectly fine with two of them being reserved for Jigglypuff and Greninja.

Top Bottom