• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama on Hillary's opposition to TPP: "Well right now I'm President. And I am for it. And I think I have the better argument. We are a global economy now, and we can't go backwards".

Teggy

Any rich draft dodger appropriating a purple heart isn't going to look good. Media will have a field day on Trump.

Any normal politician would have kept this between him and the guy, considering it was done one on one. But, of course Trump has to display it to everyone in his rally. Also, the guy told the press it was a copy, but Trump said the guy said it was real.

Hillary's ads were right:

Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
So a kid just screamed "take the bitch down" again at the Trump rally. He can't be more than 10.

Any normal politician would have kept this between him and the guy, considering it was done one on one. But, of course Trump has to display it to everyone in his rally. Also, the guy told the press it was a copy, but Trump said the guy said it was real.

Why do none of these things surprise me.

Bowdz

Obama on Hillary's opposition to TPP: "Well right now I'm President. And I am for it. And I think I have the better argument. We are a global economy now, and we can't go backwards".

I love Obama. His defense of this is what I've been waiting to hear from centrists on both sides for a while now.

ampere

You'd think the kiddos would love Khaleesi.

"Why? She's old and obviously corrupt and she's not even pretty!"

I honestly think that's a lot of the reasoning. Sexism + buying into negative GoP slander + old people are lame (Trump is old too, but he acts like he's 5)

I love Obama. His defense of this is what I've been waiting to hear from centrists on both sides for a while now.

It just doesn't make any sense. This thing has been torn to shreds, and not a single person until I feel like right now has even tried to defend it. And Obama will almost certainly pass it in the lame duck.

It was completely pointless for Hillary to come out against it. Nobody believes her opposition to it is genuine, it hasn't helped her get votes, and its just going to hurt her and look terrible if it goes through, and she's going to get all the heat for it.

HylianTom

Banned
Welp.. if Trump wanted to recover and re-direct the news trajectory for this week, he can count Tuesday as gone. Obama, Purple Heart, "Take the Bitch Down," suggestions of rigging.. we're set until Wednesday.

Teggy

Jeremy Diamond
Jeremy Diamond‏ @JDiamond1

"there’s something about these polls. There’s something phony," Trump says, pointing to CNN poll that has Clinton

Didn't he tweet this poll last week when he was ahead?

Winning some of these battleground states with TPP support would be close to impossible. I wonder if Hillary can grow balls and backpedal on this after election... This is a perfect example how electoral college is slowing down progress.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Welp.. if Trump wanted to recover and re-direct the news trajectory for this week, he can count Tuesday as gone. Obama, Purple Heart, "Take the Bitch Down," suggestions of rigging.. we're set until Wednesday.

I have a feeling that kid thing is going to have legs. The reporters are going to try and find out who it was and talk to the parents. If his parents are who I suspect they are, in generality not that I really know them, then it's going to add another day or two to the story.

Zereta

I have a feeling that kid thing is going to have legs. The reporters are going to try and find out who it was and talk to the parents. If his parents are who I suspect they are, in generality not that I really know them, then it's going to add another day or two to the story.

I might be missing something here but who do you think they are?

Policy wise? Yes

It's really good politics this year though

How though? I really don't think opposing it helped her in any way, because I don't think anyone is voting for her because she doesn't support it. She would have been better off explaining why she supports it. Or doing what Obama is doing right now. I don't think it will be worth it because it will be an issue that hurts in the mid terms.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What's this about Assange having indictment-worthy emails on Hilary? Is that anything to be worried about?

If Assange had indictment level anything they'd already be out instead of this slow leak that's designed to keep his BS in the news cycle.

There's nothing to suggest that Assange has anything that directly comes from Hillary anyways, its all campaign stuff, and they've gone out of their way to maintain a pretty strict level of plausible deniability the entire campaign given the fact that Hilldawg's already had to sit through 2 or 3 witch hunts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I might be missing something here but who do you think they are?

The sort of people who would try and justify letting their kid talk like that despite the fact they think it's wrong because Hillary. If that happens then news organizations will have an opening to talk about Trump's effect on kids and how he's making it harder to teach about elections.

HylianTom

Banned
Ha!

@SopanDeb
!!! Trump as a baby is crying first says: "I love babies." then after... "Actually I was only kidding, you can get the baby out of here….."

He's going after the suburban mom vote like a champ!

gcubed

If Assange had indictment level anything they'd already be out instead of this slow leak that's designed to keep his BS in the news cycle.

There's nothing to suggest that Assange has anything that directly comes from Hillary anyways, its all campaign stuff.

And he's already so discredited that anything they put out could have blowback on Trump as well

Crocodile

I hope this doesn't happen. Both parties are loudly against TPP right now. Having a lame duck session pass the bill would just re-enforce outsider discontent. Its not like TPP is that big a deal anyway outside of the contain China aspect.

My issue is that like 90%+ people who rail on the TPP don't have any better arguments against it than a really vague and nebulous "they took er jobs!". I'd be lying if I said I was perfectly familiar with all the idiosyncrasies of the agreement but the level of discourse I've seen from the otherside (and that I think this is a case where Clinton is legit pandering) I'm more willing to trust Obama on this issue WAY MORE than Sanders or of course Trump.

Grief.exe

There's nothing to suggest that Assange has anything that directly comes from Hillary anyways, its all campaign stuff.

I'm off the opinion that Asange is just doing the bidding of Russia to try to gain asylum.

Oh dear god. It was a fake Purple Heart, too? And the man who gave it to him told him it was a "copy." WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT OF THIS STUNT?

Teggy

USC poll went from a 4 point spread to a 2 point spread in one day. Clinton could take over even sooner than we thought.

Bowdz

My issue is that like 90%+ people who rail on the TPP don't have any better arguments against it than "they took er jobs!". I'd be lying if I said I was perfectly familiar with all the idiosyncrasies of the agreement but the level of discourse I've seen from the otherside (and that I think this is a case where Clinton is legit pandering) I'm more willing to trust Obama on this issue WAY MORE than Sander or of course Trump.

My thoughts exactly.

I haven't read all 6000+ pages of TPP. I doubt Sanders or Trump or Clinton or Obama have either. I do trust Obama in the sense that he trusts his trade negotiators and they argue that this is a good deal.

Zereta

The sort of people who would try and justify letting their kid talk like that despite the fact they think it's wrong because Hillary. If that happens then news organizations will have an opening to talk about Drumpf's effect on kids and how he's making it harder to teach about elections.

"You see, we want to raise our kid outside those campus safe spaces. Political correctness is a sin and only Donald Trump can save us from it"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm off the opinion that Asange is just doing the bidding of Russia to try to gain asylum.

The thing is, there's no way he could have "indictment level" anything. Her server's been gone for years, if they had indictment level material from that period it would have leaked before the end of the FBI investigation and there's no way that her campaign has anything particularly fishy you can even vaguely connect to Clinton personally given the history of witch hunts against her.

At this point, Assange really having material that could take her down sounds about as plausible as video evidence of Hillary personally executing Vince Foster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"You see, we want to raise our kid outside those campus safe spaces. Political correctness is a sin and only Donald Trump can save us from it"

With a dash of "Of course we don't want our kids saying words like that about people," when asked about it.

Crisco

Banned
This is not real life. I've fallen into some bizzaro universe. I'm going to wake up and realize I have a wife and three kids. And a minivan.

I can't. Someone stop the ride. I want off.

Trust me, you're better off being gay in Trump's world. BELIEVE ME.

So is part of the logic behind TPP focusing on Labour standards in other countries that if these countries can better organize and form unions it makes them less attractive to ship jobs over to because they won't be working for pennies an hour?

If not, why should American workers really care about the state of unions in Asia when workers can barely organize and form unions here.

Grief.exe

The thing is, there's no way he could have "indictment level" anything. Her server's been gone for years, if they had indictment level material from that period it would have leaked before the end of the FBI investigation and there's no way that her campaign has anything particularly fishy you can even vaguely connect to Clinton personally given the history of witch hunts against her.

At this point, Assange really having material that could take her down sounds about as plausible as video evidence of Hillary personally executing Vince Foster.

Especially since the last leak was more a slap on the wrist than a bombshell

I get the feeling more and more that Trump is basically a protest vote and only maybe one-third of his supporters actually think he has a shot of winning. I think a lot of Republicans are already resigned to the idea that Hillary will be the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom