• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Play this when Trump does something dumb

anigif_sub-buzz-10179-1469766015-4.gif

donald-trump-purple-heart-1.gif

1468345687-hillary-temples2c.gif

THE POLIGAF BET

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfne7onYh3ePsXdHyGFr4EiK1K-6VQkfx-vPpMamz26G6DoGw/viewform?c=0&w=1

Use this form to enter our contest and try to guess who wins what in November.

PoliGAF Thread Archive
PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour
PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts
PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam
PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN
PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida
PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated
PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Jeb is a mistake. Jeb is a huge mess

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops RIP
PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print
PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World/You are already Kay Hagan
PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout
PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1
PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PoliGaf 2012 |OT6| OBAMA
United States Election: Nov 6, 2012 |OT| - Barack Obama Re-elected
PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi
PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.
PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control
US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

PoliGAF 2011: Forum member gridlock causes inaction on thread title naming crisis
PoliGAF 2011: The 112th U.S. Congress is now in session: Want some graphs with that?

Poligaf episode 2010: The Empire Strikes Back
PoliGAF 2010: On our way to November 2
PoliGAF 2010: Home Of "By The Time I Get To Arizona"

PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA Checkin' Off His List
PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA's First 100 Out of the Way

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Secret states. Can't mention them because he's got to secretly get ahead. Need the have secret rallies so no one knows. Swear the attendees to secrecy. Run secret commercials. Beam them to the chips in people's brains.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!

he's going to be campaigning in states that we haven't even heard of yet!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Please admins, do whatever it takes for twitter embeds ASAP.

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
longtime ally of Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager: "Manafort not challenging Trump anymore. Mailing it in. Staff suicidal."

7:30pm · 2 Aug 2016 · Twitter for iPhone

Ali Vitali @alivitali
A Trump campaign source, in reax to this, tells me "it's all true" and "way worse than people realize." twitter.com/johnjharwood/s…

This quoted Tweet is unavailable
8:11pm · 2 Aug 2016 · Twitter for iPhone

HylianTom

Banned
rbg-ginsburned.gif

In a 2008 interview on 60 Minutes, Antonin Scalia said this regarding the 2000 election: "Get over it."

I will, Nino. In ~97 days, I will.

Teggy

Opening to next Halperin book:

"In a dimly lit booth at the back of an unassuming all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant in Arlington, VA in August 2015 sat high ranking management from CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post and several other elite national news outlets. The goal of the meeting: give Donald Trump as much media exposure as possible in the upcoming election. The reason: "for the lulz."

Repeating for the new thread:

If enough people throw their lot in on this new Never Trump kick, Johnson could hit his 15% (and blow it when any real questions get asked). Trump was always going to lose this year (demographics and turnout make it really hard for any Republican to win), but he may have seriously fucked himself (and his party) this year.

If he wants (and why wouldn't he?), he can turn his base (roughly half of the GOP at least) on the party. Everyone of them primaried or harassed, people who backed Trump in the media running around terrorizing Rs in interviews (I imagine Fox goes through a civil war), etc...

This has been some of the worst campaigning I've ever seen, and it was contained in less than a week!

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Today shakes up my entry in that PoliGAF bet so very much. I was playing it real conservative with a 335 electoral college win, now I feel like anything is possible.

TheFatOne

So is tomorrow going to be transcript day? Or perhaps we are lucky enough that more prominent Republicans come out against Trump. Take your bets folks what is going to be the controversy tomorrow.

So is tomorrow going to be transcript day? Or perhaps we are lucky enough that more prominent Republicans come out against Trump. Take your bets folks what is going to be the controversy tomorrow.

I'd say tomorrow is gonna be about Khan again, Judge Curiel, and more Republicans joining Hillary, hopefully.

RUCKER: Would you want her to follow the path that Gretchen Carlson did?

TRUMP: I’d want her to do what makes her happy. I’d want her to do, Phil, what makes her happy. [Trump looks at a nearby television, which was tuned to Fox News.] Oh, did they have another one of these things go down? It’s terrible that crash. Never liked that plane, structurally. I never thought that plane could —

What.

RUCKER: What would you negotiate for? Do you want for example Gary Johnson and Jill Stein?

TRUMP: No because they’re not getting any . . . I’d rather have head to head and right now they’re not getting any numbers. She’s doing better than he is, but right now in some polls she’s actually not doing badly.

Thank god for his ego.

I wonder if there is going to be a push by Pubis to get some big name GOP people who the base no longer loves, but the middle doesn't hate, to come out and say "We're not voting for Trump." Not an endorsement of Hillary, but just "We cannot vote for this man."

I'm thinking someone like George HW and Barbara. Mittens too. It's an implied endorsement of Hillary, but they'll never out right say it. Something generic about how "Donald Trump doesn't represent the party, and he is unfit to be President. We will not be voting for him."

It gives your elected people coverage in a few years, but it doesn't risk them having to come out against Cheeto Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom