• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Visceral's Battlefield game has a police theme, is due later this year

All right, I found something: http://policewarfare.wikia.com/wiki/Elastic_Games
The Team

Shawn Wallace, Producer
James Wearing, Lead Designer
Tim Johnson, Technical Director
Gregory Allen, Audio Director
Danny Cocke, Music Composer
John Riggs, Character Technical Director
Mark Dedecker, Character Artist
Jesse Sandifer, Character Artist
Leo Li, Animator/Rigger
M. Jenkinson, 2d Artist
Robin Elbers, 3d Artist
Terry Fernández, Motion Graphics
Matt Allsopp, Concept Artist
Undisclosed concept artist #2
Undisclosed concept artist #3

Notepadded just in case this disappears.

I'd be 100 % down for this if it focused on tense, deadly close quarters encounters, hostage rescues, squad control, non-lethal captures, etc., etc. It doesn't sound like Battlefield at that point, but who cares, we just got a broken ass BF game a few months ago.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Police? My body is ready.

tumblr_mqcqzaEbqU1s4lp5po1_400.gif

someday

Banned
I love the fps genre but I am absolutely sick to death of the modern military shooter. I'm not thrilled to be playing cops and robbers but at least it's not more hoorah army and marine shit.

Shosai

Banned
How about we go back to treating games as special things to build, innovate on, and create a fanbase that looks forward to each new release instead of having watered down indistinguishable crap shoved down our throats every 11 months, complete with season passes that don't even get to run their course before the community jumps ship?

That's the bigger issue. Its not about the developers, they come and go. This is about the usual pimps watering down the market in the name of profit.

Shoved down your throat? Are you seriously complaining about too many games being made? If you're only in the mood to buy a Battlefield game once every two years, then do so.

And please tell me of this golden era when games weren't made for profit. Video games are a unique artistic medium, in the sense that were commercialized before there was any sort of indie community

kuYuri

My guess is that it's pretty safe to say Elastic Games doesn't exist anymore, but maybe the two leads from there pitched Police Warfare to EA prior to the Kickstarter and then sometime after the KS started, EA made them an offer and they took it. EA then probably took the project and are making it into a Battlefield game.

The lead guy even said in the pitch that Battlefield was a huge inspiration for the game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/12/from-pitch-to-product-elastic-games-on-bringing-police-warfare/

All right, I found something: http://policewarfare.wikia.com/wiki/Elastic_Games

The Team

Shawn Wallace, Producer
James Wearing, Lead Designer
Tim Johnson, Technical Director
Gregory Allen, Audio Director
Danny Cocke, Music Composer
John Riggs, Character Technical Director
Mark Dedecker, Character Artist
Jesse Sandifer, Character Artist
Leo Li, Animator/Rigger
M. Jenkinson, 2d Artist
Robin Elbers, 3d Artist
Terry Fernández, Motion Graphics
Matt Allsopp, Concept Artist
Undisclosed concept artist #2
Undisclosed concept artist #3

From this list, I did a quick search on Mobygames and recently, Gregory Allen was credited as a sound designer on CoD: Ghosts and Jesse Sandifer was credited as an artist on Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Could be interesting. Not sure if having a large scale combat series bringing law enforcement into the fold is very tasteful. As others have half-jokingly concluded, it will likely be involving the war on drugs.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
2008: Bad Company 1
2009: Battlefield 1943
2010: Bad Company 2
2011: Battlefield 3

2012 has been the only recent year without a Battlefield release, we should have seen this coming. Now, if Policefield is a download title like 1943 I won't have a problem with it but if it is a full retail Battlefield game I hope it blows up in EA's faces.

Someone needs to explain to me why making it a retail game would make it worse.

trinest

Someone needs to explain to me why making it a retail game would make it worse.

Downloadable titles are considered if exclusive to DD, cheaper and in that case makes mistakes EA is continuing to do in terms of quality more acceptable.

I thought Bad Company 2 was fantastic, best BF game since BF1942. I loved every second of it. Too bad the people who made it left Dice :(

So much more enjoyable than BF3

jem0208

I'd be 100 % down for this if it focused on tense, deadly close quarters encounters, hostage rescues, squad control, non-lethal captures, etc., etc. It doesn't sound like Battlefield at that point, but who cares, we just got a broken ass BF game a few months ago.

I'd love a new Rainbow Six game too.

More seriously though, I'd love for this game to be similar to the old Rainbow Six games. I've been wanting something like that for quite some time.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Well I did mention a couple times it was being planned for release this year ::shrug::

Top Bottom