• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
X-Men characters being DLC...is a damn brilliant move.

That's the smartest thing they can do with those characters. Keep them out of the game and then when demand builds up, put them in for DLC and at least this way we'll use those DLC characters and it keeps the hype going.

sensui-tomo

isnt logan's moveset just easily moveable to black panther?
I mean fuck most of the broken shit was due to xmen , aka that team and phoenix. Dr doom not being here also makes sense due to fox.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Ouch, I hope that X-Men characters somehow make it into the Super Mega Hyper Diaper Edition that will without a doubt come out later, or else 2/3rds of my mains will be nixed. I almost always played with a Cyclops/Cable/Iron Man team. Triple Hyper Combo with those three was always GODLY!

schaft0620

Movie rights werent an issue in 2011 when mvc3 launched, why would it be now?

Marvel has a lot to gain by those IPs failing so for example Cyclops is dead in the comics, X-Men don't have an animated series anymore. Instead Marvel uses these platforms to build the MCU brand.

entremet

Always knew this would happen after The Mouse bought them.

There's no company committed to IP fuckery than Disney.

OH SHOOT, I forgot about how much I want DmC Dante. Damn, I want him in SO bad ahhhhhhhhhhh

My excitement for this game just shot up dramatically c:

cinematic trailer gonna look rad as fuck

then people are gonna think its gonna have a cool ass story mode

when its just arcade mode like 3's

I'm not sure that will cut it in fighting games anymore. It seem recent titles in the big fighting games that heavily cut down on single player options (Soul Cal V, SFV) under performed at release. Meanwhile Mortal Kombat has become massive on the strength of its large amount of modes.

If they want to focus on a mostly just online / competitive model then I think they are best served pursuing a KI model instead of a full priced $60 release.

Xater

I don't know if it's actually licensing issues, and more that Marvel just doesn't want to advertise characters Fox owns.

Which could also be applied to them vetoing any attempt to revive MvC3.

There are no licensing issues. Marvel just really doesn't like Fox. Hell Marvel has made the mutants less important in favor of the Inhumans for a while now. Also Fantastic Four are totally irrelevant right now.

Seems like a lot of folks don't know about the beef between the MCU and the X-Men. Basically Marvel does't own the rights to make X-Men movies, having sold those rights to Fox a long time ago. Now that Marvel has become a movie making powerhouse, they want the rights back, but Fox won't give them up. Seeing as how X-Men comic books are free advertising for a rival movie studio, Marvel has been slowing killing off the X-Men (mutants and villains) in the comic books as well as not allowing them to appear in any new video games. The same happened with the Fantastic Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom