• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Marvel isn't happy with Fox at all. It seems that things between the film divisions are slowly repairing, but Marvel proper (comics, merch, etc.) is still very much opposed to Fox
I don't blame them after the last stinker. But XMen are iconic.

Time for lame also rans from MCU.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
4161582-death_of_wolverine_1280.jpg
I thought that was a boner when I was scrolling down

cinematic trailer gonna look rad as fuck

then people are gonna think its gonna have a cool ass story mode

when its just arcade mode like 3's

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
No X-men characters? I'm assuming this is due to that weird contractual thing with Fox and Disney?

Wait, is Spiderman gonna be in it?

MvC without Magneto isn't right, that's for sure.

If Capcom gets the Marvel license back for this, for god's sake it would be the time to do a PS4 / PC port of UMVC3 to keep it alive as a companion game if the character roster is going to be so very different. And patch the biggest glitches in the process.

It's not without precedent. They ported USFIV to PS4 in an effort to hype up SFV coming.

They article specifically mentions Marvel 3 news coming soon. Likely a port

Kusagari

If the lack of X-Men characters is due to licensing issues with Fox, then that could still be a roadblock for Xbox One BC for UMvC3.

If they are focusing on the MCU, then they should go for a hyper realistic take on the characters where they look just like their live-action movie counterparts. Think "Street Fighter: The Movie" but in modern 3D...actually, scratch that.

I don't know if it's actually licensing issues, and more that Marvel just doesn't want to advertise characters Fox owns.

Which could also be applied to them vetoing any attempt to revive MvC3.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I guess I'm lucky I didn't use a men a lot in these games.

I used Wolverine and Cable a bit in 2 and Deadpool in 3 but not a LOT.

I can live without them as long as the replacements are suitable. Rui and Spider-man were 2 of my mains right from MvC1

how the fuck are you going to have a marvel vs capcom game without MSS

WITHOUT MOTHERFUCKING MSS

I guess its better than nothing but this sucks.

Jocund

You guys mad about lack of magneto and wolverine, don't worry, the MCU tv-verse has poor-man's alternatives to most of your favorite X-Men.

Like this guy, who can seemingly move only one metal object at a time.

Why does it look like he turns into CG when he hits the ground

Are people actually telling them there's no X-men? Because I'm reading this as "expect it to draw heavily from the MCU characters, so we probably won't see any mutants"

Everyone expects the focus to be on MCU, but exclusively MCU and focusing on them are different things

The X-Men characters, lore and universe, as a collective, is the best there is in Marvel. Sad news indeed.

Wolverine, for example, is three times the character of the one-dimensional, cheesy and uninspired Captain America. Shame the films haven't done X-Men true justice.

If the lack of X-Men characters is due to licensing issues with Fox, then that could still be a roadblock for Xbox One BC for UMvC3.

If they are focusing on the MCU, then they should go for a hyper realistic take on the characters where they look just like their live-action movie counterparts. Think "Street Fighter: The Movie" but in modern 3D...actually, scratch that.

Marvel owns the majority of the video game rights to their characters, including the X-Men, so as long as Marvel is on board with re-releasing, UMvC3 can be re-released. Its just that recently Marvel has tried to stop new X-Men stuff in video games most likely due to Fox having the movie rights to them.

Platy

This article reads like something out of our thread ... including saying x-men is out and forgetting characters of Fantastic Four origin

Khezu

No X-men is expected, but so heartbreaking.

This series started with them, and now they can't even be in it.

Also where is the 2v2 rumor coming from?

All because of a movie contract lol. Movies are serious business.

The Xbooks are also getting sabotaged from within. I refuse to believe otherwise lol.

This lays waste to the notion that Marvel's not actively trying to sabotage the X-Men series. The X-Men characters are so integral to the MvC series there's no fucking reason to take them out unless it's a petty-ass Marvel mandate.

V-Faction

In hindsight, it's pretty AMAZING that Wolverine, Doom, and Magneto were all 'Top Tier' in MVC3. Being popular AND being powerful is a great combination.

Because, as much as you may LIKE a character, MVC generates its own hype. Think people gave 2-shits about Spencer before Bionic Arm? Nah son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom