• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pj9rEKa.jpg
Eh i'm sure they'll transfer his moveset to a new character

If the "no X-men" part of this rumour is true, that basically confirms in my mind the conspiracy theory that the reason Marvel is doing their utmost to get rid of them in the comics is because Fox still holds the movie rights.

Ploid 3.0

Holy crap it's hard to believe this is real even with all the rumors, but...

Don't fuck this up Capcom. Oh, who am I kidding.

At least make a PC version this time around.

I hope it's all platforms with at lest cross platform with PS4 and PC. Please, love the SF5 situation.

Maybe it's secretly Tatsunoko 2 and people were just confused.

Honestly I liked it more than MVC3. I don't have any attachment to the Marvel characters at all but still, having such a major series be absent due to corporate malarkey, and making the focus all about the MCU just seems so cynical. Ehhh. I guess there's still the Capcom side for me.

The character selection part really reads more as speculation than something they were specifically told. I really, really doubt Wolverine won't be there at the very least, or Deadpool, or hell even Sentinel. These characters are big fan favorites and Marvel doesn't seem that tone-deaf.

If the "no X-men" part of this rumour is true, that basically confirms in my mind the conspiracy theory that the reason Marvel is doing their utmost to get rid of them in the comics is because Fox still holds the movie rights.

you know how I know you don't actually read the comics?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
MvC without Magneto isn't right, that's for sure.

If Capcom gets the Marvel license back for this, for god's sake it would be the time to do a PS4 / PC port of UMVC3 to keep it alive as a companion game if the character roster is going to be so very different. And patch the biggest glitches in the process.

It's not without precedent. They ported USFIV to PS4 in an effort to hype up SFV coming.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Xmen and related characters will totally be a DLC expansion pack/season DLC characters

LiK

All because of a movie contract lol. Movies are serious business.

The Xbooks are also getting sabotaged from within. I refuse to believe otherwise lol.

Haha, the Death of X comic was pretty much the final nail into the X-universe for now.

Lothars

Is it wrong that I don't really want a Marvel with no Magneto/Wolverine/Sentinel?
Not at all, I am excited for MVC 4 but just it puts a huge damper on the game with no X-Men. It will be interesting to see what they do with the roster if it's true.

No xmen makes sense since marvel wants to distance themselves from them but at least it gives them a chance to show off their lesser known characters.

TreIII

Well...I'll be honest. As much as I love the Mutants, I haven't read their books in ages, and haven't really enjoyed their last few movies, either.

No Dr. Doom or the possibility of Fantastic Four's extended cast like Super Skrull will probably hurt me more, though.

jaypah

So I can't sit back and watch my Wolvie get demolished? Fucking bummerz. What about MegaRock? Can I still watch my Mega Man get decimated? Also I hope Xbox folks (and Switch but I know, I know) get some love too this time. Slim pickin's over there for fighters. I'll be picking up the potential PC version. I know the player pool will be bigger on PS4 (same with SFV) but I don't exactly need more people to lose to.

Guess no more "Fuck the Knicks" Sentinel since they're straying away from the X-men Universe. :( Not surprising seeing how much Marvel has been treating X-men in general lately

Ferrio

Banned
I'm happy with the shakeup to the cast. They'll most certainly be a bunch of new favorites with the same broken ass bullshit we've come to expect from the series.

JayEH

Yesss. Now I can get officially hyped. Too bad about the X men. Would have been a nice surprise shame it got leaked.

If the lack of X-Men characters is due to licensing issues with Fox, then that could still be a roadblock for Xbox One BC for UMvC3.

If they are focusing on the MCU, then they should go for a hyper realistic take on the characters where they look just like their live-action movie counterparts. Think "Street Fighter: The Movie" but in modern 3D...actually, scratch that.

BiggNife

I get that people are mad about no X men but I think a lot of people are forgetting that the fact that we are getting a fourth Marvel game I'm any shape or form is kind of a miracle

There is no way in hell this game would exist if it hadn't already started development before SFV came out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom