• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
if this means we get Black Panther, then fuck every single X-Men character, they will not be missed

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Other X-Men sitting out isn't that surprising given Marvel's recent moves but no Wolverine seems insane. I wonder if Deadpool will make it in since he gets lumped in with the X-Men when discussing movie rights.

Haven't played a marvel fighter in a long time but would be down for it.

I guess black panther can probably be based on what wolverine used to be. Not sure if there's a good option for mags/clops replacements in the mcu?
No X-Men?

LOL okay yeah so no buy. Not a single MCU character would work in a fighting game, compared to their comic book or Capcom level opponents, they might as well be slap fighting Galactus.

Yes god forbid there be any license or have character powers rebalanced to be in the game to a somewhat level (as far as fighting games get) playing field.

It's not like the last game had a lawyer with no fighting talent whatsoever or anything.

xaosslug

i'm still doubtful of 'no x-men/mutants' simply because they're just too, too popular...

but I'm fairly certain we will get Groot.

BiggNife

Um why would the X-Men not be included in this?

They were in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
Ultimate Alliance was made before Marvel/Disney issued the mandate to stop including X-Men in new products. They can still use X-Men if they wanted to but theyre purposefully not to spite Fox. In the case of UA they're not going to strip characters out of a game that came out years ago, people would be livid.

Shirke

Despite the MCU focus, I expect Deadpool to definitely make an appearance, hopefully with Nolan North again. I love that voice.

Lothars

if this means we get Black Panther, then fuck every single X-Men character, they will not be missed
I'd like to see Black Panther but if it means no X-Men than he can stay out of the game. There needs to be X-Men and it's a massive mistake if there is not.

Kid Heart

While it's good to hear the series isn't dead, no X-men being included is insanely disappointing. This also probably means Super Skrull and Doom are gone as well. I really hope Fox and Disney kiss and make up soon....

Wallach

MCU is the worst thing to ever happen to Marvel.

I just want X-Men and Fantastic Four getting the respect they deserve.

the respect F4 deserve involves wiping your ass on the pages of their shitty comics

the real victim of the F4 world is doctor doom being stuck in the same comic series with those losers

Sesha

tumblr_mfwwgcIR6h1s24avgo1_400.gif

I won't shed any tears over the X-Men, since no one I care about would ever make it in anyway. Shame about losing Deadpool, Kl'rt and Doom, though.

No Doom? Fuck off Capcom.

Direct all complaints to Marvel Entertainment and CEO Ike Perlmutter. It's their (mostly his) call.

pablito

You see, the bolded is the problem.

Actually, the current situation and problem is a direct repercussion of the x-men saving marvel in the 90's, that's the decade when the first x-men movie came out, Fox had the foresight to hold on to the rights and that's what has caused this whole mess in the first place.

Right, didn't think of that. MCU determining the roster is a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom