• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xmen.png

remember how this franchise began and now there are no X-Men like wtfffffff

Kind of totally expected that roster situation, but it's going to be real weird if true. On the bright side, that's going to clear up a lot of space for new characters which is cool. Still, I have a hard time believing a couple X-Men won't make the cut (ie Wolverine, Deadpool, maybe Magneto).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Xmen.png

remember how this franchise began and now there are no X-Men like wtfffffff

They should probably not call it Marvel Vs Capcom 4 and put in a subtitle at this point

Hopefully the designs on the good side will be anime styled again and have the Marvel characters in casual wear

Polygon said:
Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.
Neoxon's mood said:
lol

guek

Banned
I hated playing against Phoenix, Sentinel, and Magneto but Wolverine has always been one of my staples so I dunno about this...

Skab

The no X-men is not unexpected, and it also means no Fox characters in general. So no Doom, which bums me out more than anything else.

However, as others like Neoxon has mentioned many times, it doesn't rule them out for dlc stuff down the road.

Chase17

Nice.

I'm not all that attached to the x men so if they aren't in the game I don't mind to much

Phoenix Wright or riot /s

PSqueak

Banned
Yo daaamn

I hope no XMen isn't true though. Magneto is mandatory. And I still love Wolverine, plus he has a movie coming out.

AND GIVE ME KEN

You see, the bolded is the problem.

Remember how the X-Men basically got Marvel through the 90s? Times change. It's weird and I don't support it entirely but I'm willing to put up with change in the name of Marvel.

Actually, the current situation and problem is a direct repercussion of the x-men saving marvel in the 90's, that's the decade when the first x-men movie began developing/filming in the tail end, Fox had the foresight to hold on to the rights and that's what has caused this whole mess in the first place.

Oh man

This is gonna go over like a lead ballon with fans if Marvel seriously thinks they can replace X-men in this game with Inhumans lol.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Um why would the X-Men not be included in this?

They were in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Gleethor

So this means no Doom either.

Maybe Marvel should sell off their characters that they have no intention of using if they're so salty about the film rights situation.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If you have a pretty limited selection for launch, I think it makes sense to focus on their more important characters.

This seems like it's entirely speculation.

This is how rumor reports are normally written. The source tells them "No X-Men, more MCU characters." and then they say that you're more likely to see MCU characters than X-Men, but they leave the door open since they don't know how many characters that are neither are appearing.

PMS341

Marvel is killing off the X-Men, so it doesn't surprise me to see them go... despite it still being sad. Kind of like Capcom taking Mega Man off the roster once they killed him, too.
lol

Can't say I'll miss Sentinel personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom