• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
no wolverine
no magneto
no storm
no cyclops
no sentinel (?)
no deadpool (?)

at least we don't have to play against phoenix anymore

giphy.gif

MrDaravon

There will be blood in the streets if this turns out not to be true now lol.

No X-men doesn't really bother me but will be a bummer for a lot of folks. Ruby Heart pls

kirblar

Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.
This seems like it's entirely speculation.

No X-Men?

LOL okay yeah so no buy. Not a single MCU character would work in a fighting game, compared to their comic book or Capcom level opponents, they might as well be slap fighting Galactus.

Femto.

Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.

UGH

It's polygon though, I'll wait for other reports.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Marvel needs their damn product placement at this point over literally anything else.

PSqueak

Banned
"Multiple sources tell Polygon"

Hey gaf, congratulations, we're all sources to polygon!

No Polygon, reading our MVC4 rumor mill thread is not a valid source!

VariantX

No Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, or Wolverine?

An Marvel game without those characters would be unbelievably weird for vets since they were literally there from day one going back all the way to CotA or as far as Vs. games are concerned, XvsSF. Shit, if no xmen, perhaps Dr. Doom will be sitting out too since fox owns that property too...

pablito

Yo daaamn

I hope no XMen isn't true though. Magneto is mandatory. And I still love Wolverine, plus he has a movie coming out.

AND GIVE ME KEN

I'll miss Wolverine and Phoenix, but that's about it.
Honestly, if fans make enough noise I think there's a very good chance they'll at least add Wolverine. Just gotta bitch about it until it happens.

Anywho, I hope they port over UMVC3 to current consoles.
Honestly, I like UMVC3 so much that I would have been satisfied with a roster update of the same game. Add all the MCU characters and shit, new levels, and maybe a story mode and sell that shit. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom