• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polytron Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about the .zip file...apparently, it's all legitimate.

Tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, government documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft / Steam QA + certification files / contracts...

OH MY GOD.

Someone needs to contact the authorities immediately.

Qassim

I'm just basing it on what people are saying in here. This is a thing I'm kind of ignorant on, so I apologize if I called out the wrong people/person.

The thing is, these websites have millions of visitors. They're open for anyone to use - It's really hard to legitimately label any of these particular websites as "responsible" for the attacks.

Sai-kun

Banned
Which it generally is. I've seen plenty of it and it all seems to be about hating anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I've seen enough TERFs to know they don't want equality.

please don't mistake TERFs for even partially representing feminism. even feminists don't like TERFs

Nanashrew

Banned
Not to take away what's happened here, I looked up Jen's twitter since it seems to be related and found this exchange:

http://nextjen.tumblr.com/post/95428574024/geekcavepodcast-phil-fish-reacting-to-darrins

Uh...

EDIT: Actually not his real account. I'm embarrassed to have fallen for that! Then again so did she lol. If you look at the actual retweets on twitter, it's more obvious.

Maybe. But then, who is "them" exactly? /v/ is just a message board on 4chan. I think it's fair to say the moderators are not behind this.

What are with those uppercase I's in Phil Fish's name? they seem more like lower case L's or a vertical bar |

Either way I'm calling fake on that.

RexNovis

Banned

Tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft / Steam QA + certification files...

OH MY GOD.

Wow.... that is just so wrong. I dislike Phil as much as anyone but nobody deserves this.

Hacktivists should all go DIE IN A FIRE. Miserable little wretches constantly fucking up other peoples lives for the LULs and "cred." Pathetic.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've hard about the .zip file...apparently, it's all legitimate.

Tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft certification files...

OH MY GOD.

:(

LiK

Did you click the right link? Heaps of ads on that site that say 'DOWNLOAD'. If you ended up with an exe and not a zip, you did it wrong.

oh, i was just referring to the site. i didn't download anything.

I've hard about the .zip file...apparently, it's all legitimate.

Tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft / Steam QA + certification files...

OH MY GOD.

yikes

iNvid02

qQL3tgF.png

omfg

The Great War to purify gaymez jurnylizm
These people are fucking nuts

OH MY GOD.

Oh what the FUCK

zroid

Banned

OH MY GOD.

Jesus.

Goddard

To the people pissed at me, I was just pointing something out. The poster I responded to said something like "why are they fighting against people who just want equality." All I said was if you ask anyone who is actually one of the extremists, they would dogpile on you because they think that is the exact opposite of what is going on. Again I don't share their beliefs, that is just an important thing to know about them.

Imagine if this was all set-up my Phil himself and all that info is fake, but the 1.5gb is actually a virus he set-up to wipe out anyone who tries to download and obtain more info, etc.?

4chan head mod? Lol. Mods are too busy being outnumbered 1 to 1000000 in their own site to do anything like this, and there literally is no head mod. I'm calling a false flag, but by who is the question.

Vile. Unacceptable. Criminal.
I want no part of games if this is now the culture.

I feel like some of you guys are overreacting in the sense that, why are you throwing all of gaming under the bus over the actions of one or maybe a few individuals? Yes, this is horrible but to say it's where gamer culture is heading, that's a hyperbole if I ever saw one.

Tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, government documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft / Steam QA + certification files...

OH MY GOD.

Why would they go that far? Is it really that serious?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Insane. I don't think I've ever said a nice thing about Phil Fish, but no one deserves this. You have to be a really cowardly person to do something like this. I sincerely hope whoever is responsible ends up being caught or ousted by his or her peers.

I feel like some of you guys are overreacting in the sense that, why are you throwing all of gaming under the bus over the actions of one or maybe a few individuals? Yes, this is horrible but to say it's where gamer culture is heading, that's a hyperbole if I ever saw one.

Seriously. I've never understood this sentiment.

The people being attacked are just as much, if not more, "part of games" than any sinister assholes.

FLD

Man, what a completely fucked up thing to do. Phil is often asking for the shit he gets but this is way out of line...

Remark

Banned
Not to take away what's happened here, I looked up Jen's twitter since it seems to be related and found this exchange:

http://nextjen.tumblr.com/post/95428574024/geekcavepodcast-phil-fish-reacting-to-darrins

Uh...

EDIT: Actually not his real account. I'm embarrassed to have fallen for that! Then again so did she lol. If you look at the actual retweets on twitter, it's more obvious.

Maybe. But then, who is "them" exactly? /v/ is just a message board on 4chan. I think it's fair to say the moderators are not behind this.
That's not Phil Fish's real account. That was a fake.

MormaPope

Banned
Vile. Unacceptable. Criminal.
I want no part of games if this is now the culture.

C'mon now, that's extremely hyperbolic.

Have you stopped watching movies because of Roman Polanski? Have you stopped listening to music because of Michael Jackson? There are some real bad eggs, but the majority of consumers in this industry don't so this sorta shit.

Hato-kun

They also have a fake twitter account out there that is @PHILFISH. His official account has an underscore between his names, @PHIL_FISH.

Orayn

This bullshit finds a non-trivial voice when people bring up anything that remotely a resembles an "SJ" topic. I don't plan to quit the hobby because of it, but it's not something that should be downplayed.

Isn't that 'No True Scotsman' though?

Well you can actually identify TERFs. There's a fairly consistent set of shitty beliefs associated with being one.

Abounder

Banned
Disgusting. For what it's worth just 3 days ago over 4 million hospital records were hacked as well. I hope the hackers all go to jail.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Eh, as someone annoyed by SJWs and these guys on the opposite side of the spectrum... gaming can be a very frustrating place these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom