• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Oh, most definitely, yeah.

Btw, for those interested, the debut album by HAERTS is out. I suppose it's produced by St. Lucia, just like their EP.

Since I loved Wings (and its godly remix by Shlohmo), I'll most definitely give it a listen.

edit: WAIT. Carly Rae Jepsen is in Sweden right now. She posted the following photos on her FB site.

10460296_10152398212086048_2691560396549813402_n.jpg

10428423_10152399524251048_3741113361869813577_n.jpg

That's Max Martin's studio so it's safe to assume she's recording some future smashes.

mCcwHqZ.gif

Yesssss, Carly, KISS ME TWICE.

Mau ®

taylor-swift-1989-deluxe-album-cover.jpg

Welcome To New York: 3/10
Blank Space: 7/10
Style: 9/10
Out In The Woods: 6/10 (would like more if the chorus wasn't so shit)
All You Had To Do Was Stay: 8/10
Shake it Off: 6/10
I Wish You Would: 8/10
Bad Blood: 7/10
Wildest Dreams: 9/10
How You Get The Girl: 5/10
This Love: 9/10
I Know Places: 8/10
Clean: 9/10
Wonderland: 7/10
You Are In Love: 8/10
New Romantics: 8/10

Overall: 8/10

Wait!

You liked it *.*

Styles

Mau ®;135956887 said:
The booklet shade tho

B0uqgCcCYAArg6G.jpg

A Grammy next to Bad Blood. Then the mention of TEA.

And a kids cassette player with a face that looks suspiciously like a smirk on the right.

You' and Blade are not ready for this alber.

xlHPJFw.gif

Mau ®

Stefan™;135957325 said:
And a kids cassette player with a face that looks suspiciously like a smirk on the right.

You' and Blade are not ready for this alber.

xlHPJFw.gif

I notice she's still doing hints with every song on the booklet.

She'll never forget her roots

xlHPJFw.gif

Styles

Mau ®;135957868 said:
I notice she's still doing hints with every song on the booklet.

She'll never forget her roots

xlHPJFw.gif

She's actually took it a step further and turned the hints into single sentences that forms a little narrative for the alber when pieced together.

xlHPJFw.gif

iipocgVTHsolV.png

Jessie is still most in danger of being exterminated, though it's too close to call on the "Most In Luck" side, as Lana squeaks by Robyn but only barely. There needs to be a clear front-runner on both sides for a switch out to be possible, so make sure to vote if you haven't yet! Power comes in numbers, so don't hold back! One PM is all it takes :)

Jessie ware should be out, Robyn should be in, or Lana. But def Robyn. How do I vote. Just tell you this by Pm soulscribe?

Also, not gonna check Swifts new alber but the Wildest Dreams snippet had me interested. It's definitely very Lana-esque. Best song I've heard of her.

Rihanna's look is kinda basic. She can pull off much cooler stuff.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jessie ware should be out, Robyn should be in, or Lana. But def Robyn. How do I vote. Just tell you this by Pm soulscribe?

Also, not gonna check Swifts new alber but the Wildest Dreams snippet had me interested. It's definitely very Lana-esque. Best song I've heard of her.

Rihanna's look is kinda basic. She can pull off much cooler stuff.
Taylor's album I see Lorde and Lana influences with a bit of more commercial alt pop.

Taylor's album I see Lorde and Lana influences with a bit of more commercial alt pop.
I might check it out then. I like Lorde and Lana. It's just that all Taylor's previous output has me giving the stink eye. It's all just so plain, vanilla, boring. A modern day version of Pop girls I've long forgotten, like LeAnn Rhymes, or that girl with the one video where she drives around in a bright colored new Beetle.

but I'll check 1989 out to see if there are some gems in there.

Edit: Mandy Moore.

Bladenic

So....is Taylor Swift no longer considered "country" (or "country pop", I guess) now?

We don't know that she's given it up for good, but for now, yeah she's just pop. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, she's been moving this way since Speak Now (even Fearless maybe) and Red was halfway here anyway.

Anyway 3 HOURS OMFG I'm ready

Fuuuck. I'm having a moment with Wildest Dreams. Song is awesome, and the lyrics are a notch above the typical Lana little red dress pale moon light James Dean fodder. This is great.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Wildest Dreams really is Swifts version of Lana's Without You. Someone else here also mentioned the striking resemblance.

it has a similar musical structure to Without You, but there's a lot of lyrics that recall Blue Jeans too: the tall bad/handsome guy, the "say you'll remember" part.

Yeah, WD is definitely Lana inspired.

Stay
Hey, all you had to do was stay
Had me in the palm of your hand
Then, why'd you had to go and lock me out when I let you in
Stay
Hey, now you say you want it
But now it's just too late
Well could've been easy
All you had to do was stay
Stay
Stay
Stay
Stay

There was nothin' left to do
When the butterflies turned to dust that covered my whole room
So I punched a hole in the roof
Let the flood carry away all my pictures of you
The water filled my lungs
I screamed so loud
But no one heard a thing

The second verse of Clean proves god is real.

Bladenic

Clean is such a good closer. Fuck.

Least faves on first listen: bad blood, I know places, this love

But this is so good as an album fuck me

Need the deluxe tracks

DK3 is unexpectedly pretty amazing

Lemonade *o*

Bye Baby *o*

Secret Lover *o*

Roulette *o*

Perfect way to wash out the stench of Trevor's Kiss Vol. 2

MIMIC

Banned

I have no idea who this is but wow. She's really good!

And who were the guys they kept showing? Was this some sort of singing competition or something?

Fake edit: Checked out the comments, so I guess it is:

Hyorin did great but I'm not surprised she and Ailee lost to South Korean Gospel vocal legend Sohyang in this episode. Her vocals are unmatched. Micheal Bolton even preferred So Hyang's raw vocals over the other contestants. It was a great show none the less. :)

Yep, it's a singing competition, with Michael Bolton as a guest judge for some reason. Korean singing competitions have insane production value tbh

No surprise that majestic apostolic cervical cancer survivor and Jesus enthusiast SohyALLAH won the night with her gospel-infused vocal passions

3feb96a2c4.gif
b28e6bc24a.gif

b28e6bc24a.gif
3feb96a2c4.gif

Mau ®

Taylor's letter to her stans on 1989

tumblr_ne3cduHeqI1qb86xno1_500.png

I was born in Reading, Pennsylvania on December 13, 1989.

In the world we live in, much is said about when we are born and when we die. Our birthday is celebrated every year to commemorate the very instant we came into a world, and a funeral is held to mark the day we leave it. But lately I’ve been wondering… what can be said of all the moments in between our birth and death? The moments when we are reborn…

The debate over whether people can change is an interesting one for me to observe because it seems like all I ever do is change. All I ever do is learn from my mistakes so I don’t make the same ones again. Then I make new ones. I know people can change because it happens to me little by little every day. Every day I wake up as someone slightly new. Isn’t it wild and intriguing and beautiful to think that every day we are new?
For the last few years, I’ve woken up every day not wanting, but needing to write a new style of music. I needed to change the way I told my stories and the way they sounded. I listened to a lot of music from the decade in which I was born and I listened to my intuition that it was a good thing to follow this gut feeling. I was also writing a different storyline than I’d ever told before.

I wrote about moving to the loudest and brightest city in the world. The city I had always been overwhelmed by… until now. I think you have to know who you are and what you want in order to take on New York and all its blaring truth. I wrote about the thrill I got when I finally learned that love. To some extent, it’s just a game of cat and mouse. I wrote about looking back on a lost love and understanding that nothing good comes without loss and hardship and constant struggle. There is no “riding off into the sunset.” like I used to imagine. We are never out of the woods, because we are always going to be fighting for something. I wrote about love that comes back to you just when you thought it was lost forever, and how some feelings never go out of style. I wrote about an important lesson I learned recently… that people can say whatever they want about me, but they can’t make me lose my mind. I’ve learned how to shake things off.

I’ve told you my stories for years now. Some have been coming of age. Some have been about coming undone. This is a story about coming into your own, and as a result… coming alive.

I hope you know that you’ve given me the courage to change. I hope you know that who you are is who you choose to be, and that whispers behind your back don’t define you. You are the only one who gets to decide what you will be remembered for.
From the girl that said she would never cut her hair or move to New York or find happiness in a world where she is not in love…

Love, Taylor.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom