• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

tumblr_ne3nsvba1D1qhetq4o1_500.png

ibr12avAegPFSb.gif

yall should listen to the bonus voice memos. :'(

Jessie ware should be out, Robyn should be in, or Lana. But def Robyn. How do I vote. Just tell you this by Pm soulscribe?

Also, not gonna check Swifts new alber but the Wildest Dreams snippet had me interested. It's definitely very Lana-esque. Best song I've heard of her.

Rihanna's look is kinda basic. She can pull off much cooler stuff.

Yeah, just PM me. :)

Trigger

Wildest Dreams and New Romantics are jusT

px6xfjI.gif

Clean, Style, and I Know Places are also some of my favorites. I'm happy that despite being more pop Taylor's songwriting haven't taken a turn for the worse.

Vazduh

So that DK3 album isn't half bad. The only issue is the production which sounds a bit cheap and unfinished (with the exception of Lemonade), but even then there are a couple of enjoyable songs to be found.

Lemme finally listen to that Kiesza album. It better serve me some bops.

4eUqw6v.gif

Stefan™;136088236 said:
ibr12avAegPFSb.gif

yall should listen to the bonus voice memos. :'(

Not you switching You Are In Love with All About That Turd
tiJdxY9.png
You should have done that with SIO instead

So after a couple of listens, I think I can safely say that my favorites are Style, New Romantics, All You Had To Do Is Stay and Wildest Dreams. Clean is great, too!

Phreaker

Lemme finally listen to that Kiesza album. It better serve me some bops.

4eUqw6v.gif

So after a couple of listens, I think I can safely say that my favorites are Style, New Romantics, All You Had To Do Is Stay and Wildest Dreams. Clean is great, too!

My faves too! I noticed her "lift" from Celine Dion's Loved Me Back To Life in I Know Places, Celine's power.

Kiesza bops outside the obv Hideaway and No Enemiesz are Vietnam, Sound Of a Woman, The Love, Giant In My Heart, and Over Myself.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Let me get comfy and jump into these New Taylor and Kiesza albums
My first ever listen of a swift album. I'm not expecting much.

Not sure why people are praising Blank Space :biblio

Let me get comfy and jump into these New Taylor and Kiesza albums
My first ever listen of a swift album. I'm not expecting much.

Not sure why people are praising Blank Space :biblio

Give Blank Space a second chance. :biblio: was my exact reaction when I first heard it. It clicked on a second listen.

Vazduh

My faves too! I noticed her "lift" from Celine Dion's Loved Me Back To Life in I Know Places, Celine's power.

Kiesza bops outside the obv Hideaway and No Enemiesz are Vietnam, Sound Of a Woman, The Love, Giant In My Heart, and Over Myself.

Ha! I didn't even notice that, but the hook is really identical to the one in Celine/Sia's song. Nice catch.

Kiesza's album was surprisingly solid, but I'll need more listens to be able to pick my faves.

p.s. don't be scared if a last.fm request popped up in your inbox

So apparently blue blue leaked entirely on soundcloud briefly. Let me perch

UGY1wKw.gif

Can't wait for the album.

Phreaker

Ha! I didn't even notice that, but the hook is really identical to the one in Celine/Sia's song. Nice catch.

Kiesza's album was surprisingly solid, but I'll need more listens to be able to pick my faves.

p.s. don't be scared if a last.fm request popped up in your inbox

tinyfeyfive.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Wildest Dreams is very nice
Shake it off, on the other hand, is vile and has been expelled from my library.
VioletCrawley2.gif

My problem with Taylor is the same that I have with Perry in that I don't think much of their voices which drags the songs down. The production and lyrics are good but I just wish another artist would be doing the singing

Right now one of our semifinalists is on the chopping block, but none of the fallen divas have taken a big enough majority for the point of entry just yet! Robyn's close, Lana's close, Taylor's very close... but one of them needs just a tiiiiiiiny little bump still to be considered!

Resurrect your fave, sabotage a bitch. PM me ASAP to secure your votes before it's too late!

After this, it's the SEMIFINALS. Shit's gonna get real.

Matt_

Vote lana
vote out bjork

Ciara has some bops, poor it and its lack of career

A semifinalist now needs to defend her spot.

But who did you choose to challenge her for the opportunity to re-enter the OT-X Tourney??

LANA DEL REY did very well. TAYLOR SWIFT did better. But our SEMIFINAL SHUFFLE WINNER beat TayTay by a single vote, and is thus eligible to face off against our tourney semifinalist for a SUDDEN DEATH match.

SEMIFINAL SHUFFLE - SUDDEN DEATH

iU4zrGg3KASBt.png

And we got a small graphic facelift too! How fun!

You only have ONE DAY to vote for one of these ladies, so hustle and PM me your choice now!!
YOU CAN VOTE NOW BY CLICKING HERE.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I feel like Calvin has really been in a creative rut since the success of his breakout smash Bounce. It was a cute sound for the first four or five singles (hitting peak Calvin with Sweet Nothing) but now it's starting to sound really stale. He needs to make the next musical step forward, the equivalent of I'm Not Alone -> Bounce.

overcast

I can confirm Jessie Ware still slays live. She played her whole album at LA, I was actually shocked how crazy the crowd went for Say You Love Me.

Crowd was fashionable as hell, and I was the only man who was alone and straight in my area. Great time though, fun (and good looking) people.

Trigger

I can confirm Jessie Ware still slays live. She played her whole album at LA, I was actually shocked how crazy the crowd went for Say You Love Me.

Crowd was fashionable as hell, and I was the only man who was alone and straight in my area. Great time though, fun (and good looking) people.

I would expect no less tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom