• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
The Rita Ora song Come a little closer in that remix is amazing. And I don't know if the original version has been released yet but it's definitely not as good. She sang it already, it's on YouTube and it sounds pretty basic.

Stan.

Perch for her debut album.

ibvuO1rv8Y4jvg.gif

Something about Ora makes her so forgettable, not even sure.

Well, her first album was utterly forgettable rancid donkey shit.

I think she's a fairly good singer. But her material is so D-list worthy and it's not even worth my time. She needs to go in a more niche direction because her pop output is fucking dire.

rude

Banned
Charli is officially fucking whack if she wasn't officially fucking whack before tonight. She looks like an absolute dumbass on SNL rn. Contorting her damn face like she's really belting it out when she's singing the weakest shit ever.

Partition

Banned
Charli is officially fucking whack if she wasn't officially fucking whack before tonight. She looks like an absolute dumbass on SNL rn. Contorting her damn face like she's really belting it out when she's singing the weakest shit ever.

it's really a shame True Romance wasn't the album she released after giving that white girl the hook on ~Fancy~

Sucked is like an album desperately trying to give her an identity in the mold that is modern pop. There was nothing wrong with her sound before :/

Vazduh

Years & years is an interesting band. Real, take shelter and Desire are all good songs. Normally I don't like male voices unless they're pretty unique. This guy has a unique voice.

I "discovered" them through the BBC's Sound of 2015 list. I like what I've heard so far!

and then there will be a charli song, a diplo song, and a dj mustard song.

Macklemore also worked on the album, lol.

Well, I'm actually perched for her 2nd album, but mostly because of the drama surrounding it.

Bring it, Vita Ora.

q8sIyoz.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Do NAWT doubt FIRO.

Preview her upcoming debut album, currently untitled:

A Little More snippet

Get a Little Closer Instrumental
Get A Little Closer Remix

The Single Most Amazing feat. Prince snippet

and then there will be a charli song, a diplo song, and a dj mustard song.

Hew needs Rihtired?

iFICNHdZ559XJ.gif

I wish she were my fave because getting random snippets for adverts and remixes out of nowhere would hype the shit out of me, especially when its all good
Gives me Gaga coming up to Born This Way teas

overcast

it's really a shame True Romance wasn't the album she released after giving that white girl the hook on ~Fancy~

Sucked is like an album desperately trying to give her an identity in the mold that is modern pop. There was nothing wrong with her sound before :/
I think Charli will switch it up next album too. That may be her thing. Nothing wrong with it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Charli said she doesnt want to do the same album twice. She said to rolling stone she was already working on the 3rd on which was J-Pop inspired. Hope she doesnt backtrack from J-Pop like she did with the bollywood stuff.

The Dancing...

I need gifs

Vazduh

Does J Pop have a distinct sound other than being in Japanese?

It often sounds cheap. That's the first thing I notice. There's also a huge emphasis on synths.

Idk, whenever someone mentions J-pop, PERFUME come to mind first. If Charli made an entire album of that, I honestly wouldn't mind.

royalan

It often sounds cheap. That's the first thing I notice. There's also a huge emphasis on synths.

Idk, whenever someone mentions J-pop, PERFUME come to mind first. If Charli made an entire album of that, I honestly wouldn't mind.

Charlie could never match the J-Pop perfection that is PERFUME.

Majmun

Everyone want to smell like Beyoncé

Best selling celebrity perfume in the UK:

Beyonce - Rise - 750,000

One Direction - That Moment - 450,000

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini - Storm Flower - 320,000

Nicki Minaj - Minajesty - 310,000

One Direction - You & I - 240,000

Katy Perry - Killer Queen - 230,000

Rihanna - Rogue - 120,000

Victoria Beckham - Intimately Beckham - 80,000

Taylor - Taylor Swift - 50,000

Lady Gaga - Eau de Gaga - 23,000

The 'Drunk In Love' hitmaker's 'Rise' perfume is expected to sell over 750,000 units in the UK, which will net her £1.5 million.

''Their perfume sales have put them up there with the big players in the market - the designer fragrances - and Beyonce is the ninth top selling fragrance of all categories which is remarkable.''

Escentual.com CEO Rakesh Aggarwal added: ''Most celebrities earn around £2 per bottle sold of fragrance. ''Clearly deals vary in every case but generally it's around 8 to 10% royalty on the profit, so with the huge number of sales for these celebrities in the top ten they are going to have a rather lucrative Christmas this year.''

Get money, B!!
ibaObzq2j9pWvE.gif

I learned One Direction has a Cologne. How the hell does a five member group make a perfume? How does that even work? And who are these people buying them? Girl... Or men?

Slay B!

Captcha

Wtf does a One Direction cologne even smell like? Gun Oil (water based I hope) and shame?

Went to this (tragically) twink-filled bar last night and they were doing a Kylie night. What a blessed discography. Went to the gym this morning and got my life to this unreleased perfection. It was pretty much the only thing keeping me from succumbing to this hangover.

Vazduh

Yesss Captcha, stan for Sparks and Kylie in general!

gqXjTkR.gif

That song is such a gem and it's a shame it was left off the Kiss Me Once tracklist.

Mau ®

The One Direction perfume is aimed at females, actually.

I was never too sure it would sell but apparently the 1D perform and Bieber perfume are both super successful.

EDIT: Speaking of Bieber, I once dreamt he and me were swimming in a pool of Gaga's Fame Perfume. Then we hosted an asian orgy.

Mau ®;143298100 said:

I was never too sure it would sell but apparently the 1D perform and Bieber perfume are both super successful.

EDIT: Speaking of Bieber, I once dreamt he and me were swimming in a pool of Gaga's Fame Perfume. Then we hosted an asian orgy.
why so messy smh

Floridian

Mau ®;143298100 said:

WkZ9rto.png

It's a classic. Over ten years later and it still manages to sound fresh. Not a single bad song on it. Too bad it looks like her new alber will be the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom