• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Mau ®;143119225 said:
Make sure to check out WAOTY contender 2014 Forest Hills Drive.

If you stan King Yeezus, then you might enjoy King Cole

220px-2014ForestHillsDrive.jpg

on behalf of gaf-hops i'd like to apologize if anyone tragically fell asleep at the wheel while this snoozefest was on

please bump Run the Jewels 2 to realign your chakras~

royalan

on behalf of gaf-hops i'd like to apologize if anyone tragically fell asleep at the wheel while this snoozefest was on

please bump Run the Jewels 2 to realign your chakras~

Hey.

You there.

Young man.

I need some ratchet twerk-hop to get down to in the gen.

Any recommendations?

rude

Banned
beyoncé still sucks though. when the best efforts on your album are a d'angelo remix and a pandering, out of character, unladylike banger what does that say about you? i guess haunted is still good.

beyoncé still sucks though. when the best efforts on your album are a d'angelo remix and a pandering, out of character, unladylike banger what does that say about you? i guess haunted is still good.

If she sucks then what does that say about everyone else. :/

She's the consummate pop star in 9 out of 10 categories. See thread title too

Touchdown

Banned
The album of the year stays being Me I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse.
ec20fb7f.gif

The writing is phenomenal, Mimi's vocals still on point, and it flows so smoothly from start to finish.

iO9YQ3fBY62Ct.gif

Unladylike? Then I wonder what J.Lo is

OMGGGG! WELCOME BACK SIS!!

Mayday mayday, earth to bitches
Slap these hoes on they ass like we birthing bitches, uh
The queen of rap, slayin with queen Bey
If you ain't on the team, you playin' for team D
'Cause we A-listers, we paid sisters
This watch right here done faced blizzards
I confess, I woke up like this
All this drank in my cup like this
All this ass on that flawless dick
Instagram another flawless pic
Flawless city with these flawless titties
I've got all these hundreds, you've got all them fifties
I'm with some flawless bitches because they be mobbin' pretty
'Cause niggas love bad bitches that be on they grizzly
Throw that ass back I be on my frisbee
Princess cut diamonds on my Disney

ixn4H99ubZXQT.gif

edit:
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
FEAST YOU EYES ON YOUR WASTE OF A FAVE
fUCK
tumblr_inline_mhkxqvLqD81qz4rgp.gif

rude

Banned
If she sucks then what does that say about everyone else. :/

She's the consummate pop star in 9 out of 10 categories. See thread title too
yes the competition that was rigged from the start and so excessively lengthy that only the most annoying, desperate voters (read: the beyhive) were willing to endure? ok.

Majmun

BEYONCÉ shits on entire discographies. Let's not.

The album is a modern classic. And this is me being very objective, and not talking from a crazy stan standpoint.

rude

Banned
Your username is Beysus. I don't think 'objective' is in your vocabulary. Modern classics don't feature filler like Pretty Hurts, Jealous, Blue, etc imo.

Majmun

Your username is Beysus. I don't think 'objective' is in your vocabulary. Modern classics don't feature filler like Pretty Hurts, Jealous, Blue, etc imo.

I don't like Pretty Hurts either. Not my kind of track. But it has its moments and is better than most current pop-efforts.

Jealous and Blue are not my favorites on the album, but I don't have to like all tracks to call it a classic.

Tracks such as Blow, Drunk in Love, ***flawless and Haunted are of such high quality that they elevate the whole album into classic status.

If I have to rate each track:

Amazing
Blow
Drunk in Love
Haunted
Partition
***flawless
Superpower

Very good
No Angel
XO
Mine
Grown Woman

Ok

Jealous
Pretty Hurts
Blue
Heaven

Most popgirls release albums with one or two amazing or very good tracks, with the rest sitting under ok status or just being utter trash. BEYONCÉ and its quality really stand out in the current pop industry

Vazduh

It looks like a corny SNL skit or something. I'm going to assume it's some kind of joke project.

It's a scene from the upcoming remake of Annie. The main characters go to the theater to watch a movie with Ashton and Mila in the main roles.

edit: I see B-Dex has already answered that. Oop

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
was taylor's birthday just a meet and greet with celebrities in front of some balloons?
seen so many posts from different people with her there

royalan

I just refuse to believe thhat all these people are somehow BFFs

Taylor Swift
Beyonce/Jay-Z
Sam Smith (I find it hard to believe that this size queen would want to even be seen with someone as tragically basic as Taylor, much less...)
HAIM (?????????????)
Justin Timberlake (the notorious hermit)

Noooo...I don't buy this at all. Especially since Taylor is pretty known for whoring out her celebrity friendships on social media, and most of these people she's never been seen with until just now.

Taylor must have given out some pretty major moneyhats for this party.

Mau ®

I just refuse to believe thhat all these people are somehow BFFs

Taylor Swift
Beyonce/Jay-Z
Sam Smith (I find it hard to believe that this size queen would want to even be seen with someone as tragically basic as Taylor, much less...)
HAIM (?????????????)
Justin Timberlake (the notorious hermit)

Noooo...I don't buy this at all. Especially since Taylor is pretty known for whoring out her celebrity friendships on social media, and most of these people she's never been seen with until just now.

Taylor must have given out some pretty major moneyhats for this party.

Everyone loves to hang out with Taylor. We've established that.

Wasn't Katy trying to be Sam's hag just a few months ago?

I see he traded up.

Mau ®

The blind item said "indie-sounding", which is actually right.

I love The 1975. I guess they could be indie sounding.
I don't think indie listeners use them at all tho

I'm here for The Lord to emulate that kind of style for her next album. Pop Lord is cool for now.

Captcha

everyone be whoring out taylor today

I miss Ellie. The picture with her is nice; gets her at an angle that doesn't make her look like a foot, Taylor sorta far away and blurry, the one girl's eye is on point, and half of Lorde's face cut out of the picture which is the best she's ever looked. Slay.

Mau ®

Everybody LOVES Taylor. The GP, her friends, celebrities, critics, the media... so much love for her!

She must be the most loved pop star of all time :,)

royalan

Mau ®;143183416 said:
Everybody LOVES Taylor. The GP, her friends, celebrities, critics, the media... so much love for her!

She must be the most loved pop star of all time :,)

Well, she's gotta do something with all that money.

The Rita Ora song Come a little closer in that remix is amazing. And I don't know if the original version has been released yet but it's definitely not as good. She sang it already, it's on YouTube and it sounds pretty basic.

Blonde - I Loved You (feat. Melissa Steel)

This song is amazing. It's a perfect throwback to the nineties. An updated Show Me Love from Robyn S.

I'm on mobile so can't be bothered to post a link to the song, but everyone who loves the Dancy pop should check it out.

Still can't believe Beyonce won the tournament.

7 11 is trash.

But they played it in a gay bar and everyone went insane, including me. Songs existence is justified.

Years & years is an interesting band. Real, take shelter and Desire are all good songs. Normally I don't like male voices unless they're pretty unique. This guy has a unique voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom