• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Porsche confirmed for Gran Turismo Sport

Even though I'm not the biggest Porsche fan I'm glad we're getting a more complete set of cars. Also I can't believe those are in game shots those look fantastic.

VV3QkCg.gif

So it begins.

But they have had Porsches in the past?

RUF anybody?

There actually was a real Porsche in the series

300px-gt3-_996_gt3qrptf.png

That's from GT3 and can only be unlocked with a cheat. It basically hints that they had the license at some point during the development but EA's securing the exclusive license meant that they pulled it but forgot to pull the car entirely from the source code. Although it was removed completely from the European version.

FrankWza

I probably owe it to y'all, probably be locked by the force. Tryina hustle some things, that go with the Porsche

Detective

That awkward moment when GT sports looks better than F7 on Scorpio lol

For real, PD car modeling and lightning systems are untouchable.

lol
You are really trying so hard,

Guess Scorpio gives you nightmares now since you bring it into GT threads.

ROFL poor guy :D

OT

Great photomode pictures.

Z O N E

I can't wrap my head around this shot. There's no way this is real gameplay, or even photo mode, right? Look at the detail in the conduits and railings.

This is that thing where they composite digital cars into real photos, right?

If not, and this is real gameplay, I'm floored.

Photomode uses REAL photos for photomode, it's not a 3D Model of a city scap environment.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
it's scape mode image (real background photo + ingame car)

Again, yes.

All of these images are from a mode where the car is superimposed on a real image with some spatial and lighting data included. The environments aren't being rendered by the game.

It's a real-world photo. It's the "Scapes" feature, which is awesome in its own way, but it's 4K photographs that they set up meta-data for so the game can superimpose photo-mode cars into (including changing some lighting variables). It also lets them have like 1000 of the darned things. It's a cool update to the photo travel mode, but it's not game graphics in the way anyone normally talks about.

Thanks guys. I feel dumb :p

timmyp53

Ready for the backlash but those interiors just look fake. Is there an uncanny valley for cars? Maybe it's just how clean they are but it looks really artificial/video-gamey. I can't really recognise the car's materials.

Exteriors look excellent.
GT Sport: Cars in the Valley

awesome the one car that could compete with the skyline

and i don't mean in terms of performance -_-

gimme dat new panamera doe

JayDub

I'm shaking. Yay.

So, what's the deal with "premium" and "non-premium" cars. Are we getting all 700+ cars fully modeled?

Celcius

°Temp. member
YAAAAAAAS
Have they said anything about this one having a campaign or is it still mainly online focused at this point?
Once we get a release date it may be time to invest in a ps4...

Unknown?

Wonder if they'll still feature RUF? I kinda hope they do as they make them their own and do it quite well. The Yellowbird is legendary.

Top Bottom