• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Porsche confirmed for Gran Turismo Sport

I mean mainly I was responding to the other poster, but I just feel like, in the context of that level of photorealism, there's so little to complain about. Also, I'm pretty certain there is depth of focus in the shot you're referring to, which is blurring the brake pedal.

Anyways, TO ME, this is the most photorealistic I've ever seen a car interior, GT or otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the beta and the in game visuals are honestly pretty underwhelming. GT screens/pre-release videos/replay mode/photomode are always a fairly different story compared to the actual game itself.

Unknown?

I mean mainly I was responding to the other poster, but I just feel like, in the context of that level of photorealism, there's so little to complain about. Also, I'm pretty certain there is depth of focus in the shot you're referring to, which is blurring the brake pedal.

Anyways, TO ME, this is the most photorealistic I've ever seen a car interior, GT or otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the beta and the in game visuals are honestly pretty underwhelming. GT screens/pre-release videos/replay mode/photomode are always a fairly different story compared to the actual game itself.
Underwhelming? Lol. It looks way better than P.C. and Driveclub.

I wasn't shitting on the screenshots as a whole, I even posted about how good they look earlier in the thread. It's just that the pedal looks so out of place compared to the rest of the interior that it's quite jarring.

spwolf

Car interiors in games have been pretty shitty anyway, but let's not underestimate jpeg compression... Lexus just released Ls500 F-Sport images where half of the interior looks like crap because they compressed jpegs down to 1.6 Mb. So artifacts from compression don't help even with real life high res pictures.

l2ounD

Car interiors in games have been pretty shitty anyway, but let's not underestimate jpeg compression... Lexus just released Ls500 F-Sport images where half of the interior looks like crap because they compressed jpegs down to 1.6 Mb. So artifacts from compression don't help even with real life high res pictures.

Depending on the track and lighting conditions the interiors can look amazing. I do wish the interiors in brands hatch were brighter like ButtonWillow or Tokyo

sandoj.png

hrgaud.png

twhzql.png

bfagax.png

gjfhwc.png

mDhRYnB9AozXblcZ-DV0l4DgIhpJbfEpzG-xSLqQNl9bCmIBRpgPjqBVjxixOtt11nVASLYlkDk7vdY=w997-h555-rw

Dio

Banned
Are they fixing the garbage sound design too? The beta sounds like canned ass compared to games like Forza. Note: I've been playing GT for many years, but engines sounding like shit has always been an issue.

Grassy

Awesome, I hope they have a good selection of road and race cars.

That awkward moment when GT sports looks better than F7 on Scorpio lol

For real, PD car modeling and lightning systems are untouchable.

That awkward moment when you think you're on GameFAQs and post on NeoGAF instead lol

matmanx1

Holy cow I just saw this thread. I can't believe Porsche is finally in Gran Turismo. It's about time. The EA exclusivity was a travesty IMO. Welcome back, Herr Porsche.

Ravage

Has the EA deal expired or did PD pay up to break exclusivity? Can't picture the latter happening tbh.

Regardless, this is great news for everyone :)

Putty

I can't believe that this gets an extra thread. Every racing game can have Porsches now without asking EA.

This year it's harder to get licenses for Aston Martin and Ferrari.
Official "Suzuka" will be more rare than Porsches in a few months, maybe it is already, haven't done the math.

Maybe get a mod to shut the thread down? Yes, do that...

Top Bottom